Windows 10: Microsoft charging my card for no reason?

Discus and support Microsoft charging my card for no reason? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just added a card with about 9 dollars on it to my microsoft account to pay for realms plus, which had previously expired. This was a prepaid VISA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LandryWaters, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Microsoft charging my card for no reason?

I just added a card with about 9 dollars on it to my microsoft account to pay for realms plus, which had previously expired. This was a prepaid VISA card that i had originally bought on Nov. 11th, and added today on Nov. 24th. I go to renew my realms plus subscription, and it says that i have insufficient funds! When i checked my balance history, microsoft said that they have charged my card 8.53 on Nov. 6th!! How can this be if i hadn't even purchased thre card yet? I have verified that the numbers match, and the balance history on my card has a similar charge, although it shows that the card was actually charged today, Nov. 24th. Why is microsoft retroactively charging me money? It says it is for a realms subscription, but when i try to make a realm, play a world on a realm, or do anything realm-related, it asks me to BUY a realms subscription.

Short version: Microsoft took away my last 8 dollars and 53 cents for seemingly no reason.

:)

LandryWaters, Nov 24, 2020

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Microsoft charging my card for no reason? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Microsoft charging my card for no reason? pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Microsoft charging my card for no reason?

Unable to access play and charge cable on Xbox 360

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Charge and Play cable on Xbox 360, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know what exactly happens when you try to access the cable?

I would like to inform that you can play the games using the cable. There might some reasons like:

• The battery has reached the charge limit.
    • There's a problem with the charge cable.
    • There's a problem with the battery.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the below Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

The Rechargeable Battery Pack does not charge when it’s connected to your Xbox 360 Play & Charge Kit

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the cable for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft charging my card for no reason?

1. Microsoft charging my card for no reason? - Similar Threads - Microsoft charging card

2. MICROSOFT CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD TWICE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MICROSOFT CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD TWICE: My credit card was charged twice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-charged-my-credit-card-twice/fdc335d5-0fdb-4b9b-970f-da7ee4f571b4
  3. MICROSOFT CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD TWICE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MICROSOFT CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD TWICE: My credit card was charged twice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-charged-my-credit-card-twice/fdc335d5-0fdb-4b9b-970f-da7ee4f571b4
  4. Keep getting a microsoft charge to my card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting a microsoft charge to my card.: Have removed my card checked everything I can think of and I keep getting charged $10.59 every month for MICROSOFT*PC 1 MONTHOne MMSBILL.INFO WA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-getting-a-microsoft-charge-to-my-card/7af4b74b-a973-4160-b968-f429a0aaaa8a
  5. Keep getting a microsoft charge to my card.

Keep getting a microsoft charge to my card.: Have removed my card checked everything I can think of and I keep getting charged $10.59 every month for MICROSOFT*PC 1 MONTHOne MMSBILL.INFO WA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-getting-a-microsoft-charge-to-my-card/7af4b74b-a973-4160-b968-f429a0aaaa8a
  6. What is a charge on my credit card for Microsoft#@g029685386

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is a charge on my credit card for Microsoft#@g029685386: I have a reoccurring charge on my credit card for $287.50 with only a description of Microsoft#g029685386. Can you tell me what this is for? I haven't signed up for anything that I'm aware of and do not find this as a subscription under my account?...
  7. Why is there a charge from microsoft on my credit card?

Why is there a charge from microsoft on my credit card?: I have an unknown charge from microsoft on my credit card. I don't have any subscription.I need to speak to customer service. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-a-charge-from-microsoft-on-my-credit/202443be-0640-46bf-a5d3-f8bf641aaa46
  8. microsoft recurring charge on my discover card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft recurring charge on my discover card: There is a charge from microsoft on my charge card. My order history says i have no purchases. What is this charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-recurring-charge-on-my-discover-card/58a02343-8435-426d-b89d-bcd744b6ffdc
  9. microsoft recurring charge on my discover card

microsoft recurring charge on my discover card: There is a charge from microsoft on my charge card. My order history says i have no purchases. What is this charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-recurring-charge-on-my-discover-card/58a02343-8435-426d-b89d-bcd744b6ffdc
  10. microsoft recurring charge on my discover card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware