Windows 10: Microsoft child account: How can a father recover the password of a Microsoft account...

Discus and support Microsoft child account: How can a father recover the password of a Microsoft account... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Good morning, I have created last year an Microsoft account for my 8 year old daughter, have not used it since now and forgot the password. When I am... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mihai Horga, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Microsoft child account: How can a father recover the password of a Microsoft account...

Good morning,

I have created last year an Microsoft account for my 8 year old daughter, have not used it since now and forgot the password.

When I am logged in with my account, I can see the child profile in Your Family, I can see the outlook.com address, I can see her Unique ID, I can manage all sort of options, but I cannot find a way to retrieve/change the child's password.
    The Security section in my Microsoft account dashboard allows changing my password, not the child's password.

I tried through the Microsoft Support page/app, but the Microsoft Virtual Agent is not able to find a solution.

I sent several requests to https://account.live.com/acsr providing all the information available. Since I have no information to provide about the child account I want to recover contacts, emails, purchases, etc. are not applicable, I provided that information for my account as a parent and provided my e-mail address for contact. I got three times the response that Microsoft cannot confirm that I own that account, although I provided ample information on my contacts, recent email subject lines, Skype contacts, credit card, etc.

I cannot find a human contact or an email address to which to send whatever proofs are needed to demonstrate that the account was created by me for my child.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed or whom to contact to recover the password of my daughter account.

Thank you

:)

Mihai Horga, Apr 4, 2020

2. Help resetting password on Child Account

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community.

1. What is the error you have received while trying to reset password?
    2. Is the child account a Microsoft Account or a local account?

I can understand that must make you feel upset, and I appreciate your effort that you have taken to resolve this issue.

Assuming you have already tried resetting the password from account.live.com, I don’t wish to suggest you with the same option. I would suggest you to
    refer the article Recover your Microsoft Account
    and also refer the section Tips for filling out the recovery form to recover the issue account.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Resetting child's Microsoft account password

Hi Nestor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing and will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you to open the link provided below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Once the link is opened,

• Click on Reset your password.
    • Select I forgot my password and click on Next.
    • Provide the Microsoft Account of the child account and type in the characters, click Next.
    • In the identity verification page, click on Email, provide the email address, click Send code.
    • Check if the code has been sent to the email address and provide the code for verification.
    • Follow the prompts to create a new password for the child's Microsoft account.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Microsoft child account: How can a father recover the password of a Microsoft account...

Resetting child's Microsoft account password

A couple of months ago I upgraded to Windows 10 and set up my child with a newly created @outlook account as her Microsoft account. Since then she's been using the PIN to access to her computer, and no longer remembers her password. The account didn't really
    have any activity so there is not much to enter in the form to recover the password. To make matters worse, the phone that was set up to send some recovery code is no longer available as I moved to a different country.

Is there a way for me, with my account that list her as my child to reset the password? I really would like to avoid having to create a new account.

Thank you!

Nestor

NestorNunez, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft child account: How can a father recover the password of a Microsoft account...

1. Microsoft child account: How can a father recover the password of a Microsoft account... - Similar Threads - Microsoft child account

2. how to recover Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to recover Microsoft account: how to get back Microsoft account when I forgot password and details of the account and haven't send any mail from the account so can any one help me to recover my account and I can change the password...
  3. Recover child account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover child account password: Hi,I recently bought gaming computer Windows 11 for my 7-year-old. I created an outlook account for him for windows login. I noted down the password and proceeded to consent form. Things were good so far. I tried logging into my child email account first time using password...
  4. Recover child account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover child account password: Hi,I recently bought gaming computer Windows 11 for my 7-year-old. I created an outlook account for him for windows login. I noted down the password and proceeded to consent form. Things were good so far. I tried logging into my child email account first time using password...
  5. How to recover Microsoft account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to recover Microsoft account?: Hi,I am having an issue with logging into my Microsoft account which is registered using a *** Email address is removed for privacy *** email.The recovery email address seems to have changed to a l*.tom.com email address that I do not recognise and I looks like this is common...
  6. Uable to recover Microsoft account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uable to recover Microsoft account password: Hi, I have a windows 10 PC which I stupidly setup with one account when new. I have now setup child accounts but as no one seems to recall the "main" account password I created a new administrator account. This is all working fine. However, I wanted to add the old admin...
  7. Recover a child's account in my Microsoft Family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Recover a child's account in my Microsoft Family account: One of my children in my Microsoft Family Account has forgotten their password.How do I recover this account or reset the password? I've filled out the Recover your account form twice and still cannot recover this account. The account shows correctly in my...
  8. Recovering Microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Recovering Microsoft account password: Hi everyone, I just yesterday created a microsoft account and i am unable to remember it's password and now i cannot sign in. I try to recover using the recovery method on microsoft however i am unable to fill out all the information that is need for them to send a code like...
  9. Microsoft Family Child Account Password

Microsoft Family Child Account Password: My daughter has a child account, she has forgotten her password. There is nowhere to reset the password on the family account management screen. The password reset does not work as 'not enough information' - she's 8 what info would you expect. What is the point of the...
  10. Child Microsoft Account

Child Microsoft Account: HI I set up a child account with the correct birthdate that shows my childs age as 12y old - however it lists him as an Adult - How do I change him to a child. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-microsoft-account/deed6fb6-15a1-4b74-b6f5-6d4a1cd23d5f"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset child password windows 10