Windows 10: Microsoft Chromium Edge is now officially available for Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Chromium Edge is now officially available for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Back in late 2018, Microsoft announced that it will be replacing EdgeHTML in Microsoft Edge browser with Chromium to contribute to the open source... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 8, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft Chromium Edge is now officially available for Windows 10

Back in late 2018, Microsoft announced that it will be replacing EdgeHTML in Microsoft Edge browser with Chromium to contribute to the open source community and deliver more features in a short period of time.

Today, Microsoft Chromium Edge is now officially available for download for Windows 10 and you don’t need an Insider machine to run the browser. At the moment, Microsoft is maintaining two channels for the browser: Dev channel which will be updated weekly and a Canary Channel which will receive updates regularly.

Microsoft Chromium Edge is now officially available for Windows 10 Chromium-Edge-installer.jpg

Microsoft Chromium Edge has a new look and it respects the modern interface of Windows 10. The Chromium-based Edge features a clean interface that looks comfortable and familiar.

Just like any other web browser, there’s a large address bar with home page shortcut, a Chrome-like profile icon past that and a menu to access other features.

Microsoft Chromium Edge is now officially available for Windows 10 Chromium-Edge-interface.jpg

Similar to old Microsoft Edge, there’s also a news feed on the start screen if you choose Informational or Inspirational homepage layout.

Microsoft Chromium Edge is now officially available for Windows 10 Edge-menu-1.jpg

The start page also has frequently visited sites and the list can be edited. The inspirational layout also displays a screen image which is tied to Microsoft’s Bing service.

There’s a redesigned settings page and you can also install the Chrome extensions in Edge. It is worth noting that Microsoft Chromium Edge is still in preview and you may encounter unexpected bugs.

You can download Microsoft Chromium Edge from here.

The post Microsoft Chromium Edge is now officially available for Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 8, 2019
  2. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Apr 8, 2019
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Test Chromium-based Microsoft Edge Browser

I added this to the first post for now.

Whenever anything becomes available from Microsoft, I'll create a new sticky thread for it.

Brink, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Chromium Edge is now officially available for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Chromium Edge

2. Chromium Edge PWAs can now be released to Windows 10 Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    Chromium Edge PWAs can now be released to Windows 10 Microsoft Store: The Microsoft Store was the first app store to support Progressive Web Apps. PWAs have since become one of the leading ways to distribute apps to users on Windows. However, a lot has changed on the web platform since that original blog post, with modern technologies and APIs...
  3. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Hi folks, So I recently decided to download the new Edge Chromium and I like it, but I have a question. Everytime I open the browser there are around 5-13 instances of it running in task manager when I only have one window open and only one tab. Why is that? 156765
  4. Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta: [ATTACH] with the latest update version 83.0.478.25 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) it now lets you Sync Extensions from Google Chrome note i taken the picture from my other computer that has Microsoft Edge Chromium Beta on it then the one that im using to post this...
  5. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  6. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  7. New Chromium based Microsoft Edge now generally available

in Windows 10 News
    New Chromium based Microsoft Edge now generally available: Upgrading to the new Microsoft Edge Download See also: Latest Microsoft Edge released for Windows Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter The new Microsoft Edge is now out of preview and available for download, with today’s release of our first Stable channel build...
  8. Scrolling in the Chromium Edge is now as responsive as the classic Edge on Windows 10, says...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling in the Chromium Edge is now as responsive as the classic Edge on Windows 10, says...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/i_post_tech_articles [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9klyw/scrolling_in_the_chromium_edge_is_now_as/
  9. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: I live in the US but gonna move. I’d like to know how I can change the region for Microsoft Edge Chromium? MicrosoftEdge_X64_75.0.111.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-chromium/90e60d5d-9c1e-4058-8f2f-b7c69b510b0f
  10. WinZip’s official app now available for download in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    WinZip’s official app now available for download in Microsoft Store: WinZip Computing has launched its official app for Windows 10 devices. The app is currently available for download in the Microsoft Store with officially titled, WinZip Microsoft Edition. The WinZip app which is an exclusive Windows 10 app supports upto 26 compressed file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Is win 10 ready for chromium app

2. will edge chromium be available for windows phone