Windows 10: Microsoft Chromium Edge may support 4K Netflix streaming

Discus and support Microsoft Chromium Edge may support 4K Netflix streaming in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft’s upcoming Chromium-based Edge browser could look and work better Chrome in some areas. The Chromium Edge will launch in beta soon and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 2, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft Chromium Edge may support 4K Netflix streaming

Microsoft’s upcoming Chromium-based Edge browser could look and work better Chrome in some areas. The Chromium Edge will launch in beta soon and the browser supports several important features, including picture-in-picture mode, support for third-party extensions and more.

The latest findings suggest that Microsoft Chromium Edge will also support streaming of platforms like Netflix in 4K, unlike Chrome.

Chromium Edge has a flag to enable PlayReady HEVC decoding. According to Microsoft’s support document, PlayReady allows the content owners to enable streaming of their content in full 1080p, 4K and higher resolutions. When the flag is enabled in Chromium Edge, the browser should be able to stream UHD contents flawlessly.

Microsoft Chromium Edge may support 4K Netflix streaming Edge-flags.jpg

It is worth noting that all browsers are capable of streaming Netflix content in HD, but the quality of the HD content varies between browsers.

For instance, the maximum resolution of Google Chrome is 720p. Chromium Edge, on the other hand, should be able to stream Netflix content in Ultra HD on Windows 10 computers. In future, the browser might be able to stream high-quality content of other platforms as well.

It is worth noting that PlayReady is exclusive to Windows 10 and the native apps already have access to it. The current version of Microsoft Edge also supports streaming of content in Ultra HD.

At the moment, these flags cannot be enabled Chrome browser, but it is possible that Google will also add support for similar functionality in future.

The post Microsoft Chromium Edge may support 4K Netflix streaming appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 2, 2019

2. Lenovo Yoga 710 can't stream netflix in 4k even though it has the specs

I don't know what im doing wrong. im sure i have all the specs to stream content on netflix in 4k but for some reason its not popping up on netflix that im watching in 4k. Lenovo - 2-in-1 15.6" 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory
    - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 940MX - 256GB SSD - Pearl black
    • 80V50009US
    This is my specs for my laptop. I know i have the specs to stream in 4k, i just dont know why. youtube works fine but netflix doesn't. i know you have to watch 4k content in the browser of microsoft edge, check. i know you need to have the highest netflix
    account that allows for ultra hd, check. i know you need to have at least seventh gen intel, check. why can't i watch 4k content in 4k, please someone help.

Mrmartir305, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Netflix does not stream readily

Hi Jack,

For better assistance, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you encountering the same issue using other browsers?
    • What websites usually don't stream on Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?
    • Are you getting an error when streaming on Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, and Netflix app?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Microsoft Chromium Edge may support 4K Netflix streaming

AMD's PlayReady 3.0 In Polaris, Vega GPUs, APUs to Enable 4K HDR Streaming on PC

In the wake of increased requirements when it comes to digital copy protection mechanisms in consumable media (be it in the streaming or disc-type), AMD is looking to allow users of its products to keep up with the increasing demands of content distributors. Besides hardware encode/decode capabilities, hardware DRM support such as HDCP 2.2 or Microsoft's PlayReady 3.0 has become a necessity for high-quality content viewing, and is required for Netflix 4K and HDR streaming on PCs.

AMD themselves have said that they plan on enabling these features for their products via a driver release, thus turning the most recent Ryzen + Vega APUs into even more desirable HTPC-environment solutions. In the Ryzen Desktop APU Reviewers' Guide, the company specifically said, "Please note that HDCP 1.4/2.2 are supported for the purposes of streaming 4K+HDR content. AMD intends to have a production PlayReady 3-capable graphics driver in early Q2". The company thus joins Intel and NVIDIA in developing solutions that allow users to take advantage of 4K and HDR content on their PC solution via, for example, Netflix. The steps are still very convoluted, though; just look at the Netflix requirements for your PC after the break. It's mind-boggling.

Microsoft Chromium Edge may support 4K Netflix streaming qjkd54mwAYxj16Ra_thm.jpg

Microsoft Chromium Edge may support 4K Netflix streaming Un9A2gvhOUYHszYn_thm.jpg

Microsoft Chromium Edge may support 4K Netflix streaming PF60v3OpwPBystMX_thm.jpg

Netflix 4K, HDR Streaming Requirements for PC
    • Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (for HDR or using discrete graphics)
    • Windows 10 HEVC Media Extension, or equivalent (if missing due to Fall Creators Update)
    • Latest unspecified Windows Updates
    • Microsoft Edge or Windows 10 Netflix application
    • Netflix plan that supports 4K and HDR streaming
    • High or Automatic Streaming Quality in Netflix Account Playback Settings
    • Minimum internet connection speed of 25 Mbps
    • 4K display with HDCP 2.2 capability
    • HDCP 2.2 certified cable with 4K capable digital interface
    • HDCP 2.2 capable and 4K capable digital interface port on motherboard video-out or discrete GPU
    • Supported discrete or integrated GPU (PlayReady 3.0, HDCP 2.2 output)
    • Appropriate graphics driver

Raevenlord, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Chromium Edge may support 4K Netflix streaming

1. Microsoft Chromium Edge may support 4K Netflix streaming - Similar Threads - Microsoft Chromium Edge

2. Unable to stream Netflix in 4K

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to stream Netflix in 4K: I just got a new 4k monitor and I was excited to try out Netflix streaming in 4k but all the titles continue to show only in HD. - My ISP is Google Fiber, have plenty of bandwidth and 4K works fine on my TV - Tried on both Microsoft Edge and the Windows Netflix App -...
  3. Netflix 4k works on chromium Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Netflix 4k works on chromium Edge: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rupal_hs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ldsl49/netflix_4k_works_on_chromium_edge/
  4. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Hi folks, So I recently decided to download the new Edge Chromium and I like it, but I have a question. Everytime I open the browser there are around 5-13 instances of it running in task manager when I only have one window open and only one tab. Why is that? 156765
  5. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  6. Edge/Chromium Hevc support

Edge/Chromium Hevc support: I have recently installed microsofts newest Browser... but when i watch netflix trough chromium or trough the netflix store app.. the image ( the blackest parts are pix-elated ). i also installed the HEVC support for devices from the store... Does someone also experiance...
  7. Netflix issues with Chromium Edge on Windows 10.

Netflix issues with Chromium Edge on Windows 10.: A few weeks ago I decided to make the new Chromium-based version of Edge my primary browser and haven't looked back. All has so far been very smooth sailing except for one thing: watching TV shows on Netflix is unreliable. When an episode ends, the next episode will often...
  8. Edge Chromium Java support

Edge Chromium Java support: Why is the feature to open a page in IE not present, since the Edge based on Chromium doesn't run Java? submitted by /u/Mic_sne [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dazdv9/edge_chromium_java_support/
  9. Microsoft adding DRM 4K streaming support to Chromium for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft adding DRM 4K streaming support to Chromium for Windows: The classic Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 can play certain protected streaming content in UltraHD or 4K resolutions. Netflix offers Ultra HD streaming on Windows 10 with the old Microsoft Edge and its Microsoft Store app. Microsoft has already added experimental flags to...
  10. YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 News
    YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge: Microsoft Chromium Edge is off to a steady start and browser has been praised by the community. While Google welcomed Microsoft to the ‘open-source’ Chromium community, some of the big services owned Google is not functioning properly in the new Edge. Earlier today, users...