Windows 10: Microsoft Chromium Edge might come with dual rendering engine support

Discus and support Microsoft Chromium Edge might come with dual rendering engine support in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Chromium Edge official preview version is believed to be just around the corner and recently an early build of the browser leaked online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 27, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft Chromium Edge might come with dual rendering engine support

Microsoft Chromium Edge official preview version is believed to be just around the corner and recently an early build of the browser leaked online revealing some of the features. Microsoft Chromium Edge will retain the features from the current browser and as well as Chrome.

For instance, Microsoft’s Chromium-based Edge sports an interface similar to both Chrome and current Edge. It also comes with support for the dark mode, profiles tab, wide range of extensions, picture in picture mode and more.

Just like Google Chrome, Microsoft Chromium Edge also has a flag menu which will allow users to test early and upcoming features.

Microsoft Chromium Edge might come with dual rendering engine support Microsoft-Chromium-Edge.jpg

At the moment, the flags menu has a limited number of Edge-exclusive feature. Interestingly, there’s also a flag to enable support for Internet Explorer’s web rendering engine in Chromium Edge.

The flag is titled ‘Enable IE Integration’ and it has a description stating that it enables hosting of Internet Explorer in a tab.

Microsoft Chromium Edge might come with dual rendering engine support Edge-IE-flag.jpg After enabling the flag, the more tools in the menu gains a new option – host tab in Internet Explorer. It’s not clear as to show this feature will work, but it appears that this will allow users or developers to run webpages using the Internet Explorer’s MSHTML rendering engine.

Microsoft Chromium Edge might come with dual rendering engine support Edge-and-IE-2.jpg

In Windows 10 October 2018 Update or preview builds of Windows 10 19H1, the feature is not working as intended. Clicking on ‘Host in IE tab’ throws an error stating that version of Internet Explorer installed on the PC is not ready to work with Microsoft Edge integration yet.

Microsoft Chromium Edge might come with dual rendering engine support Edge-and-IE.jpg

Microsoft is expected to officially launch the stable preview builds of Chromium Edge in the coming weeks and more detailed could be shared on the day of release.

The post Microsoft Chromium Edge might come with dual rendering engine support appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 27, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Spartan's rendering engine slips into Windows 10 for Phones

Read more: Spartan's rendering engine slips into Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones

Brink, Mar 27, 2019
  3. S_and_S Win User
    update Microsoft Edge browser

No, Microsoft Edge is not out of date. It gets updates regularly through Windows Update.

The problem is that relatively few websites test on Microsoft Edge because so few people use it. The rendering engine that Microsoft Edge uses - what makes the page look the way it looks - renders web pages differently than other web browsers do, and because
    so few people use Microsoft Edge, there's little incentive for websites to code a version of their web pages that is optimized for Microsoft Edge.

But all that is about to change in a big way. Microsoft is ditching Edge's native rendering engine - EdgeHTML - and replacing it with the Blink rendering engine used by Google Chrome. (Actually, Blink is the rendering engine used by the Chromium Project
    that is the basis of Google Chrome.)

Once this happens, Microsoft Edge will render web pages the same way that Google Chrome does, so web pages will look and work much better on Edge.

For now, you can switch to Google Chrome, for your bank at least, and when Microsoft Edge changes you can switch back.

It will be very interesting to see what Microsoft does with Edge after Blink is in place. This could be a win for Microsoft and a win for the Chromium project, since Microsoft will now be contributing code to the Project.

S_and_S, Mar 27, 2019
  4. VBJP Win User

Microsoft is building a Chromium-powered web browser

I use Edge as my main browser on home desktop and on all of my windows laptops and tablets. Never had much problems with it on release it was quite barebone with gimmicky features like painting on pages but now its quite feature complete at least for me.
    It's sad that Edge didn't get much traction.
    Moving new browser to chromium rendering engine means few things but mostly it means that Microsoft is giving up on browsers.
    Moving to chromium will cut development cost, as they can stop developing their own edge rendering engine.
    So IMHO motivation behind this move is not to get more people to use New Edge with chromium, but to cut cost on product that didn't get enough market share.

Thema:

1. Microsoft Chromium Edge might come with dual rendering engine support - Similar Threads - Microsoft Chromium Edge

2. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Hi folks, So I recently decided to download the new Edge Chromium and I like it, but I have a question. Everytime I open the browser there are around 5-13 instances of it running in task manager when I only have one window open and only one tab. Why is that? 156765
  3. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  4. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  5. Edge/Chromium Hevc support

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge/Chromium Hevc support: I have recently installed microsofts newest Browser... but when i watch netflix trough chromium or trough the netflix store app.. the image ( the blackest parts are pix-elated ). i also installed the HEVC support for devices from the store... Does someone also experiance...
  6. Edge Chromium Java support

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Chromium Java support: Why is the feature to open a page in IE not present, since the Edge based on Chromium doesn't run Java? submitted by /u/Mic_sne [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dazdv9/edge_chromium_java_support/
  7. YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 News
    YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge: Microsoft Chromium Edge is off to a steady start and browser has been praised by the community. While Google welcomed Microsoft to the ‘open-source’ Chromium community, some of the big services owned Google is not functioning properly in the new Edge. Earlier today, users...
  8. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: I live in the US but gonna move. I’d like to know how I can change the region for Microsoft Edge Chromium? MicrosoftEdge_X64_75.0.111.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-chromium/90e60d5d-9c1e-4058-8f2f-b7c69b510b0f
  9. Microsoft Chromium Edge may support 4K Netflix streaming

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Chromium Edge may support 4K Netflix streaming: Microsoft’s upcoming Chromium-based Edge browser could look and work better Chrome in some areas. The Chromium Edge will launch in beta soon and the browser supports several important features, including picture-in-picture mode, support for third-party extensions and more....
  10. Announcing VP9 support coming to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing VP9 support coming to Microsoft Edge: Today, we’re excited to announce that WebM/VP9 support is now in development in Microsoft Edge. VP9 is an open source codec that offers efficient compression to stream HD content at lower bitrates, and is well suited to UHD streaming. Initial support for VP9 will be available...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge chromium release date

2. edge with chromium release