Windows 10: Microsoft Click To Run - disable

Discus and support Microsoft Click To Run - disable in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I've tried searching for an answer but was not sure. I've got Microsoft Click To Run (SxS) running in Task manager. I have Office 2016 on my PC which... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Jeddie, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Jeddie Win User

Microsoft Click To Run - disable

I've tried searching for an answer but was not sure.

I've got Microsoft Click To Run (SxS) running in Task manager. I have Office 2016 on my PC which I got thru HUP via my workplace.

My PC is quite old & has only 4G ram. Its pretty slow these days so I was looking to see what I could disable /delete and I noticed 'Click to run'.

Do I need 'Microsoft Click To Run (SxS)' running?
    If not how do I disable/delete?

:)

Jeddie, Aug 31, 2019

2. Microsoft Jigsaw and Solitaire apps will not load and run

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with Windows store download and Windows updates too, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.

Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Step 3: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Updatetroubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickWindows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 4:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Microsoft Click To Run - disable

R7 260X always runs at 2D Clock (300Mhz)

I've followed very carefully all your steps. But here is the result: *Frown Microsoft Click To Run - disable :(

Microsoft Click To Run - disable MryQvLz.gif

This is when I run the test from GPU Z. *Frown Microsoft Click To Run - disable :(

bigbanghuy, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Click To Run - disable

1. Microsoft Click To Run - disable - Similar Threads - Microsoft Click Run

2. Disable middle click scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable middle click scrolling: Windows 11.Whenever you middle click in something that can be scrolled, there's this annoying thing that takes over the mouse and starts scrolling.Did anyone put this through UX? It's utterly infuriating.Countless times I middle click for various reasons that never ever...
  3. Disable middle click scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable middle click scrolling: Windows 11.Whenever you middle click in something that can be scrolled, there's this annoying thing that takes over the mouse and starts scrolling.Did anyone put this through UX? It's utterly infuriating.Countless times I middle click for various reasons that never ever...
  4. How to disable tap clicking?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable tap clicking?: I cant stand tap clicking, how can I disable it? In other versions of windows I was able to do it pretty easily in the settings, but now I cant find the option. Anyone know how to do it? submitted by /u/MrYoshi411 [link] [comments]...
  5. Disable tap to click on touchpad.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable tap to click on touchpad.: I recently installed an update to Windows 10. I originally had my touchpad set to only use the buttons to click, because I GODDAMN HATE WHEN THE TOUCHPAD ACCIDENTALLY CLICKS ON SOMETHING WHEN I BRUSH MY HAND ACROSS IT!!! I can't find anywhere to turn it off, and I swear to...
  6. Windows 10 is disabling Microsoft Office Click-to-run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is disabling Microsoft Office Click-to-run: After booting my PC, Windows 10 is disabling Microsoft Office Click-to-run. It occurs each time I boot the system. I found that Windows sets this service as disabled so I have to move into the Services Module and reset it to Automatic each time when I start the PC...
  7. Microsoft Office Click-to-run and Avast SecureLine service getting disabled after booting PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Office Click-to-run and Avast SecureLine service getting disabled after booting PC: Windows 10 is disabling 2 key services every time it starts up. The First is the Microsoft Office Click-to-run service which is needed to start Office 365 and the second is Avast SecureLine which is required for my VPN to run. Windows actually sets both of these as disabled....
  8. End Process Microsoft Click to Run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    End Process Microsoft Click to Run: Hey guys i like to ask it is fine to end process microsoft click to run ? I accidently end process MCtR from task manager because they downloading some office updates i believe, which makes my online game lagging. I hope its not broke my microsoft office software because i...
  9. Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service / Cortana frustrations

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service / Cortana frustrations: After running services.msc, I open "Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service" properties and apply DISABLED. At some point, and I haven't determined what triggers it, because I check after turning on laptop after an overnight shutdown and it will still show as DISABLED -- for a...
  10. Microsoft office click to run consuming bandwidth

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft office click to run consuming bandwidth: At the first i thought it one time download, but every time i start my PC its begin to downloading and take so long because of my slow internet connection. Is there a way to disable this process without disrupting my Microsoft Office 2016 ?. I dont mind this process to run...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. click to run disable

2. turn off microsoft office-click-to-run logging