Windows 10: Microsoft Click to Run Service has started consuming high CPU

Discus and support Microsoft Click to Run Service has started consuming high CPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About a week ago, the click to run service started using 45% CPU even when zero office apps were running. The cooling fans on my laptop went into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JPOzSA, Jun 12, 2020.

1. JPOzSA Win User

Microsoft Click to Run Service has started consuming high CPU

About a week ago, the click to run service started using 45% CPU even when zero office apps were running. The cooling fans on my laptop went into overdrive. Is this a result of a recent update? It seems to have been a problem 2 or 3 years ago. If I disable C-t-R will my office apps still work?

:)

JPOzSA, Jun 12, 2020

2. Antimalware Service consumes CPU time

The Microsoft Antimalware Service Executable consumes a lot of CPU time and reduces performance. Can it be configured to use less CPU time, run at a lower priority or not run when I start my computer?

Kenneth A. Williams, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Paul.Woz Win User

TokenBroker services causes high CPU utilization?

We have Windows 10 Pro version 1703, 64bit.

We see CPU stay at 50-60%, and spike up to 99-100% for extended times. We have been able to isolate the high CPU to the Token Broker service by using the Windows Performance Recorder and Analyzer.

We understand this service has something to do with the Windows Store and Authentication and was added in with the Anniversary update. With it turned off, we return to normal CPU utilization, but we are unsure if this service is a requirement.

Microsoft is a bit ambiguous on this service, even the description for the service reads "<Failed to Read Description, Error Code:1500 >"

• Because there isn't a lot of documentation on this we are unsure if we even need this service. Can we simply disable this service permanently?
    • Is anyone aware of the Token Broker service causing high CPU like this?

Paul.Woz, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Click to Run Service has started consuming high CPU - Similar Threads - Microsoft Click Run

2. Microsoft Office Click-To-Run (OfficeC2Rclient.exe) High CPU usage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Office Click-To-Run (OfficeC2Rclient.exe) High CPU usage in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Whenever a system hangs or freezes, the primary approach should be to check the disk usage in the Task Manager. In case high disk usage […] This article Microsoft Office Click-To-Run (OfficeC2Rclient.exe) High CPU usage in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  3. Antimalware Service Executable running with high CPU usage daily

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Antimalware Service Executable running with high CPU usage daily: I'm at my absolute wits end with this thing. Every single day at exactly 10:28am my cpu hits 100% load with Antimalware Service Executable running doing something. I've googled for guides on how to stop it, or change it doing this to a more opportune time, etc. I've tried...
  4. High CPU and Disk usage by "Click to Run"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU and Disk usage by "Click to Run": Hi: My laptop (Dell Precision 7520, Win10 Pro) was just brought to a grinding halt by MS Click-to-Run. Something called Superfetch or Supercache was also pigging out - just caught a glimpse of it. It completely locked me out, couldn't even force a quit or restart with the...
  5. cmimageworker.exe consuming high CPU blocking

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cmimageworker.exe consuming high CPU blocking: Has anyone else experience an issue with high cpu blocking by cmimageworker.exe. This file does not report a publisher so it does not appear to be a core Microsoft file...but it appears to function within Microsoft "container" framework. Would someone be able to clarify if...
  6. windows service high cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows service high cpu: cdpsvcuser_3cdb9 this thing is taking cpu why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-service-high-cpu/118feeee-749b-4a25-ba69-035c30120779
  7. Makecab.exe running at startup & consuming high CPU

in Windows 10 News
    Makecab.exe running at startup & consuming high CPU: [ATTACH] At times the makecab.exe process causes high CPU usage in a system and slows it down. Users have reported that the Process Monitor shows multiple instances of the makecab.exe process. So, what is the makecab.exe process that is running on [...] This post Makecab.exe...
  8. mremoteng consuming high cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mremoteng consuming high cpu: I have been using mremoteng from 2 years but recently the system getting hanged frequently whenever I open mremoteng. I noticed that mremoteng is using high cpu. How to fix this issue ? or is there any other similar software available which is free? 117075
  9. mremoteng consuming high cpu

in Windows 10 Support
    mremoteng consuming high cpu: I have been using mremoteng from 2 years but recently the system getting hanged frequently whenever I open mremoteng. I noticed that mremoteng is using high cpu. How to fix this issue ? or is there any other similar software available which is free? 117075
  10. Microsoft office click to run consuming bandwidth

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft office click to run consuming bandwidth: At the first i thought it one time download, but every time i start my PC its begin to downloading and take so long because of my slow internet connection. Is there a way to disable this process without disrupting my Microsoft Office 2016 ?. I dont mind this process to run...