Windows 10: Microsoft codename 'Threshold': The next major Windows wave takes shape

Discus and support Microsoft codename 'Threshold': The next major Windows wave takes shape in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When I blogged recently about Microsoft's plans on the operating-systems front following Windows 8.1, I mentioned a couple of "spring 2015" releases.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by A Guy, Dec 3, 2013.

1. A Guy Win User

Microsoft codename 'Threshold': The next major Windows wave takes shape

Source

:)

A Guy, Dec 3, 2013

2. I have Threshold 2, Will there be Threshold 3?

No, there won't be a Threshold 3, the November Update released in 2015 was Threshold 2. The next major update will be Redstone 2:

Frequently
    Asked Questions Windows 10 Codename Redstone 2

Andre Da Costa, Dec 3, 2013
  3. I have Threshold 2, Will there be Threshold 3?

Cool, just checking.. Because if I switch to Redstone, my touchscreen would stop working..

michaelleepow90, Dec 3, 2013
  4. bigseb Win User

Read the comments. Especially this guy's:

"It would really be nice if Microsoft would get on board with the rest of the world and switch over to Linux. They could do it relatively easily, just go to to the web and download..."

Yeah, there's the answer... *Rolleyes

bigseb, Dec 3, 2013
  5. davehc Win User
    If the pundits are correct, they don't even have to go to that extreme.
    A couple of years ago, Novell (SUSE)had a huge investment, and purchase of their majority shares, from a company which didn't have that kind of finance. investigations lead to the conclusion that it was backed by Microsoft, who could see this third party purchase avoided legalities through trusts.

This was one such rumour at the time. Good thought for gossip:
    http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/...ggernaut_rolls

davehc, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft codename 'Threshold': The next major Windows wave takes shape - Similar Threads - Microsoft codename 'Threshold'

2. Introducing the next wave of AI at Scale innovations in Bing

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the next wave of AI at Scale innovations in Bing: Bing users around the globe perform hundreds of millions of search queries every day. These queries are diverse in many ways, from the intent the users are seeking to fulfill, to the languages and regions where these queries are issued. To handle such a dynamic range of...
  3. Microsoft raises security standard for next major Windows Server

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft raises security standard for next major Windows Server: Server security and platform Integrity are critical requirements in today’s datacenter, edge, and cloud environments. Many Windows Server customers have relied on built-in security capabilities such as Secure boot and BitLocker to protect their infrastructure....
  4. Windows 10’s next update is codenamed Manganese

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s next update is codenamed Manganese: In February 2019, Microsoft began testing Windows 10 20H1 feature update that isn’t expected to start rolling out to users until May 2020. Microsoft released the preview builds of the 20H1 update early because the company has been aligning schedules between Azure and Windows...
  5. Texture in a Microsoft Office Shape

in Windows 10 Customization
    Texture in a Microsoft Office Shape: How to I get rid of texture in a shape I created in Microsoft Word. I added a texture, decided I wanted it without texture but there's no command, unlike gradient that has a no gradient command. I have simply been unable to find a way to get rid of the texture. Can anyone...
  6. New codenames for the releases!

in Windows 10 Support
    New codenames for the releases!: On some websites in the media some have stated that Microsoft will be implementing new codenames for Windows 10 instead of codenames like 19H1 which will be apparently be something like Vibranium etc. Has Microsoft confirmed this officially? Or shall I just assume at the...
  7. New leak reveals codename of next big Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 News
    New leak reveals codename of next big Windows 10 update: While all eyes are on the re-launch of Windows 10 October 2018 Update, a new leak has revealed what’s next for the operating sytem. We all know that Windows 10 19H1 update is the next big release after the October 2018 Update and it’s supposed to come out in the Spring of...
  8. Next-Gen HoloLens is Codenamed Sydney; Arrives Q1, 2019

in Windows 10 News
    Next-Gen HoloLens is Codenamed Sydney; Arrives Q1, 2019: It was a little over a year ago, that I broke the news that Microsoft had stopped the development of HoloLens V2 and was pushing forward to V3. Since then, I have been asked about a million times for more information about the upcoming device but if you know where to look,...
  9. Windows Threshold wave 2 will focus primarily on optimization

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Threshold wave 2 will focus primarily on optimization: While Microsoft is putting the final polish on Windows 10 ahead of its release next week, it's time to start looking at what's next for the OS. While we broke the news about Redstone a few months back, there is another update wave planed for Windows 10 and it's starting to...
  10. Build 2017: Next wave of creativity - Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Build 2017: Next wave of creativity - Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Today, at Build 2017, we announced the next wave of Windows 10 innovations built to empower the creator in all of us – the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Available later this year, the Fall Creators Update delivers new experiences for more than 500 million Windows 10...