Windows 10: Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 some buttons don't work

Discus and support Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 some buttons don't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I moved the mouse over to my new Win 10 computer and installed the driver found on the Microsoft site. The main (top) buttons work, but the side... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SteveKlein2, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 some buttons don't work

I moved the mouse over to my new Win 10 computer and installed the driver found on the Microsoft site. The main (top) buttons work, but the side buttons don't work. The mouse properties on the control panel has no reference to the extra buttons. The mouse worked fine on my Win 8.1 computer.

:)

SteveKlein2, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

How do I get the middle mouse button to work? Comfort Mouse 4500

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need few more details so that we can narrow down to the root cause of the issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

1. Have you tried a similar mouse in the current system to check if the mouse wheel button works?

You can try few of the troubleshooting below and check if that works for you.

Method 1: Uninstall Mouse driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Expand the Mice and other pointing devices.
    3. Select your Mouse driver.
    4. Right Click and uninstall it.
    5. Reboot the computer and check.

After the system is rebooted, you can repeat the same steps, to uninstall keyboard driver, you will have to expand Keyboards category to uninstall keyboard.

If you still face the issue, try next method.

Method 2: Uninstall USB root hub.

I suggest you to check the article
    USB devices may stop functioning correctly when multiple devices connected to the same USB hub go into selective suspend
    , follow the troubleshooting steps and check if this helps you.

Disclaimer: The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs and settings, and profiles of each of the user accounts
    on the computer. Windows often reads and updates the information in the registry.

Normally, software programs make registry changes automatically. You should not make unnecessary changes to the registry. Changing registry files incorrectly can cause Windows to stop working or make Windows report the wrong information.

I suggest you to
    back up your registry
    before making any changes.

Method 3: Download and install driver manually.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the current mouse driver

download and install the driver from Microsoft website

You can also Press Left Alt+ Shift key on your keyboard to switch language.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500

I have 2 Acer computers running Windows 10. The first upgraded from Windows 7, the second with Windows 10 pre-installed. I use a Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 USB. On the first computer the mouse works perfectly. On the second device manager reports "drivers
    not installed - code 28. This operation requires an interactive Windows station" I click to update the driver, then auto search for driver. Message comes back "Windows has encountered a problem - contact equipment supplier" I download and install Microsoft
    Mouse and Keyboard Centre 2.8.106 for Windows 10. It doesn't recognise the mouse. I have connected the mouse to each USB port with the same result. All other USB devices function perfectly. Research on the net seems to indicate the problem may lie with the
    c:\Windows\System 32\drivers and DriverStore folders. I have taken ownership of these folders and have full control of "drivers" but cannot take full control of "DriverStore" - the system won't let me. I'm not going to re-install Windows and have to go to
    the hassle of reinstalling ALL applications. It would be simpler just to buy a Logitech mouse. Does anyone have any ideas?

Tonylemoulin, Sep 15, 2019
  4. ATats70 Win User

Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 some buttons don't work

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse - stops working

Recently after an update to Windows 10, my Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse stops working.

After looking at some posts. The following steps seem to work.

In Device Manager, under Bluetooth uninstall devices, then under actions Scan for hardware changes.

This seems to work and the mouse works again however, these steps are repeated over the course of the day as the mouse stops working randomly.

I also notice that under other devices I have a number of devices that seem to be unknown

Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 some buttons don't work abf5f1d8-87fa-45b6-865d-0d934c380f6d.png

I also have a Microsoft phone 950xl and 640 however these drivers are for other nokia phones which we do not have.

Can someone suggest a permanent fix to (a) the Bluetooth mouse not needing to be reset the way I have been doing this (as listed above) and (b) a fix for these other devices.

The laptop I use is a Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 Series

ATats70, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 some buttons don't work

1. Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 some buttons don't work - Similar Threads - Microsoft Comfort Mouse

2. Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 not showing up in Mouse and Keyboard Centre

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 not showing up in Mouse and Keyboard Centre: Hi,I'd be grateful if anybody can help, I want to remap the buttons n my new 4500 Comfort Mouse.I have downloaded the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre, but it appears only to show my Msoft keyboard, it does not recognise the mouse at all or I am unable to work out how to...
  3. Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 not showing up in Mouse and Keyboard Centre

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 not showing up in Mouse and Keyboard Centre: Hi,I'd be grateful if anybody can help, I want to remap the buttons n my new 4500 Comfort Mouse.I have downloaded the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre, but it appears only to show my Msoft keyboard, it does not recognise the mouse at all or I am unable to work out how to...
  4. Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 not showing up in Mouse and Keyboard Centre

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft sculpt comfort mouse not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft sculpt comfort mouse not working: I have a microsoft sculpt comfort mouse which has stopped working.I already tried the solutions found on this forum download the new drivers and so on but it still doesn't work.Does anybody know what I can do now?Thanks,...
  6. Microsoft sculpt comfort mouse not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft sculpt comfort mouse not working: I have a microsoft sculpt comfort mouse which has stopped working.I already tried the solutions found on this forum download the new drivers and so on but it still doesn't work.Does anybody know what I can do now?Thanks,...
  7. Microsoft sculpt comfort mouse not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Comfort Mouse 4500 scroll wheel issue

Comfort Mouse 4500 scroll wheel issue: I have the mouse less than a year, and it behaves as if the scroll wheel is depressed, causing Windows to engage the scroll mode. The scroll wheel also seems to hit the top of the mouse buttons, which interferes with usage. I need warranty service, but am not able to get...
  9. Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse 2.4Ghz - Issue with leftindex mouse button

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse 2.4Ghz - Issue with leftindex mouse button: Hi, Background information: Bought my 2nd Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse and Keyboard set because of an issue with the first set after using it for 4-6months. The issue: With the 1st and now the 2nd set - the mouse being the focus here After 5-6 months, the left mouse...
  10. How do I get the middle mouse button to work? Comfort Mouse 4500

How do I get the middle mouse button to work? Comfort Mouse 4500: Hey. I have 2 of the least important issues, ever. in win 10 history. I ask for the communities assistance in my tiny endevor. I had the same mouse for years, and got several of em. The Microsoft Comfort. Never had an issue. (Wired-old fashion 2 button and a mouse wheel...