Windows 10: Microsoft common controller for windows has disappeared

Discus and support Microsoft common controller for windows has disappeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all. I have just got windows 10 and after installating it I installed common programs that I use. I went through them a bit fast though and am now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ickpers, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Ickpers Win User

Microsoft common controller for windows has disappeared

Hi all. I have just got windows 10 and after installating it I installed common programs that I use. I went through them a bit fast though and am now have problems with my xbox 360 controller.

I have a wireless receiver that I got on ebay and it's not the official one. While installing the drivers for the receiver rather than clicking 'choose my own driver' and choosing 'Microsoft common controller for windows' I choose the xbox 360 prehiperals one.

Now no matter what I do to reinstall the driver correctly I don't have the option to choose Microsoft common controller for windows anymore.

Does anyone know what I can do to get this option back again so I can correctly install the driver??

By the way the receiver works and I know that it does work on windows 10 the same way it works on windows 7.

:)

Ickpers, Dec 20, 2015
  2. Bill-515 Win User

Visual Basic and Windows 10

I had this problem.

I solved this by loading my application and from the 'Project' menu selected 'Component'

From the list of controls I ticked 'Microsoft Common Dialog Control 6.0 (SP6)'

This adds the Common Dialog Control icon to the list of controls available to VB projects.

Now locate the older version of Common Dialog Control currently on your form.

Note its name (from the list of properties for this control.

Now delete the old Common Dialog Control from your form.

Click the newly installed Common Dialog Control icon and then draw it on you form.

Select this newly created Common Dialog Control and in the Properties name it exactly as it was before. You will now find that you can compile the VB6 code with this new version of Common Dialog Control.

You may also find similar problems with other Common Controls (such as UCase, etc). That is because earlier versions of Visual Basic (such as VB4) used a reference to MsComm32.Oca. This is not available with later versions of Windows. But you can install
    the Component 'Microsoft Windows Common Control 6.0 (SP6)' giving access to ComCtl32.Ocx stored in the windows 32bit system folder (C:\Windows\System32 for 32bit Windows or C:\Windows\SysWoW64 for 64bit Windows).

Bill-515, Dec 20, 2015
  3. MavMarsha Win User
    Change the background colour of Windows 10 Photo app?

And just how do you get to settings when in Photos? I don't see where I can do that. I have Windows 10 Home. And to say the app is dysfunctional
    BY DESIGN is ludicrous. As is the fact that the side-by-side view of 2 windows has been broken for a long time (it does a horizontal stack instead). Used to work just fine. Is that also BY DESIGN? Has common sense disappeared at Microsoft?

MavMarsha, Dec 20, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft common controller for windows has disappeared

1. Microsoft common controller for windows has disappeared - Similar Threads - Microsoft common controller

2. Microsoft store has disappeared and is not redownloading

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store has disappeared and is not redownloading: I could not download anything on the Microsoft store so I decided to reset it. Doing this made it disappear from my laptop. I am on windows 10.You cannot access it anywhere unless you search for it and it will not open. I tried following a method to reinstall it which did not...
  3. Microsoft store has disappeared and is not redownloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store has disappeared and is not redownloading: I could not download anything on the Microsoft store so I decided to reset it. Doing this made it disappear from my laptop. I am on windows 10.You cannot access it anywhere unless you search for it and it will not open. I tried following a method to reinstall it which did not...
  4. Microsoft store has disappeared and is not redownloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store has disappeared

Microsoft Store has disappeared: I am running Windows 10 version 20H2. I recently had a problem trying to run Microsoft games like Mahjong etc, I couldn't log into my Xbox account, the screen just hung there. From Powershell I tried to run the wsreset command, but it just stayed there with no response. Then...
  6. Microsoft Store has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store has disappeared: I am running Windows 10 version 20H2. I recently had a problem trying to run Microsoft games like Mahjong etc, I couldn't log into my Xbox account, the screen just hung there. From Powershell I tried to run the wsreset command, but it just stayed there with no response. Then...
  7. Microsoft Store has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Run, Command Prompt, and Control panel has disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run, Command Prompt, and Control panel has disappeared: My Problem is a bit complicated. I don't know why but suddenly my Run and Command Prompt has disappeared from the search box and all the options lost too. But My Control Panel still has on the search box but the icon changed to the old icon and there are no options. This...
  9. Microsoft Store has disappeared

Microsoft Store has disappeared: I am running Windows 10 version 1903. I recently had a problem trying to run Microsoft games such as Minesweeper, Mahjong etc. where they were failing to sign me in to my Xbox account, the screen just sitting there trying saying signing in. From Powershell admin I tried...
  10. Microsoft Store has disappeared

Microsoft Store has disappeared: Microsoft Store has not only disappeared from the task bar but it's completely gone. I use Windows 10 version 1803 build 17134.471 and using an HP Spectre 360. 64 bit. I clicked on start for it and found the dumped files from 12/12/18 in my hard drive; mostly in a bunch of...