Windows 10: Microsoft Compact Designer Keyboard not working

Discus and support Microsoft Compact Designer Keyboard not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,I have a Surface Pro 5th Gen and I connect an external monitor and keyboard so I can use it as a desktop. The Microsoft Compact Designer Keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LisaCooley, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Microsoft Compact Designer Keyboard not working

Hi,I have a Surface Pro 5th Gen and I connect an external monitor and keyboard so I can use it as a desktop. The Microsoft Compact Designer Keyboard has all of a sudden stopped working. The Bluetooth light still flashes but I cannot get it to connect to my surface pro. I can see my surface-type cover is connected but cannot get this compact designer keyboard to connect.I have removed all my drivers / updated windows and still no luck!Any help gratefully received.Thanks,Lisa

:)

LisaCooley, Aug 2, 2021

2. Microsoft Designer Keyboard special keys not working properly

Just bought the Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse today, and i'm already having the exact same issues as everyone above:

- No shortcut keys (volume, play/pause, etc..);

- Every time i press one of the shortcut keys, the keyboard constantly freezes and then displays the last 15 characters pressed;

I've done all the steps suggested and everything is still not working.

If i don't solve this issue until the end of this week i'm returning my Microsoft Designer back.

Ricky.Lopes, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Microsoft Designer Keyboard issues on Windows 10

Just bought the Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse today, and i'm already having the exact same issues as everyone above:

- No shortcut keys (volume, play/pause, etc..);

- Every time i press one of the shortcut keys, the keyboard constantly freezes and then displays the last 15 characters pressed;

I've done all the steps suggested and everything is still not working.

If i don't solve this issue until the end of this week i'm returning my Microsoft Designer back.

Ricky.Lopes, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Microsoft Compact Designer Keyboard not working

Microsoft Designer Keyboard HotKeys NOT working

Hi Andrzej,

If the Hotkeys on your Microsoft Designer Keyboard don't work, it is possible that the Human Interface Device Access service on your Surface was stopped. Make sure that the service is set to automatic. To do that, follow these steps:

• Type Services in the search box. Click on Services
    • In the list of services in the Details pane, double-click HID Human Interface Service, and then make sure that the Startup type is set to Automatic.

If the Hotkeys still won't work, try to create a new local user account and test if the "special keys" will work. If you're a Windows 10 user, refer to this link
    on how to create a local user.

You may also test the keyboard with a different computer. If the keyboard does not work correctly with the other computer, this could be a possible hardware issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Compact Designer Keyboard not working

1. Microsoft Compact Designer Keyboard not working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Compact Designer

2. Microsoft designer compact keyboard says it is paired but isnt working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft designer compact keyboard says it is paired but isnt working: My keyboard somehow stopped working AGAIN. It was working fine and suddenly when I type no words appear. This problem seems to happen every time there is an update to my Windows laptop. It says it is paired to my laptop but the light flashes slowly when I type and no words...
  3. Microsoft designer compact keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft designer compact keyboard: On the keyboard, number 1 and number 2 have a pairing light, but no matter how much I press the f1 key, the number 3 pairing light doesn't come on, and it goes straight from number 2 to number 1. Please solve it.*** moved from Games & Xbox / Hardware & Networks / Controllers...
  4. Microsoft designer compact keyboard no connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft designer compact keyboard no connected: I have Designer Compact Keyboard which works fine on Linux system on the same machine. However, on windows 11 it pairs and works fine the first time but when doing system reboot, it just pairs but doesn't connect. I also have Microsoft ergonomic mouse which works fine after...
  5. Microsoft designer compact keyboard no connected

Microsoft designer compact keyboard no connected: I have Designer Compact Keyboard which works fine on Linux system on the same machine. However, on windows 11 it pairs and works fine the first time but when doing system reboot, it just pairs but doesn't connect. I also have Microsoft ergonomic mouse which works fine after...
  6. Designer Compact Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Designer Compact Keyboard: Does the Designer keyboard shut down after a time or do I have to slide the switch on the back each time I stop using it for an extended period? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/designer-compact-keyboard/c7240c06-9f22-47a3-b119-93fab650818b
  7. Designer Compact Keyboard

Designer Compact Keyboard: Does the Designer keyboard shut down after a time or do I have to slide the switch on the back each time I stop using it for an extended period? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/designer-compact-keyboard/c7240c06-9f22-47a3-b119-93fab650818b
  8. Designer Compact keyboard problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Designer Compact keyboard problem: So I got my Bluetooth keyboard today and I can't connect it to my pc. I see the keyboard appear on my phone and my pc also sees my phone and all of the other Bluetooth devices I have besides the keyboardSo I got my Bluetooth keyboard today and I can't connect it to my pc. I...
  9. Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard doesn't work in BIOS

Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard doesn't work in BIOS: My Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard doesn't work in BIOS. I use TP Link bluetooth-adapter, but it can't work in BIOS. I updated BIOS, but it's useless. What can I do?...
  10. Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard Scroll Lock

Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard Scroll Lock: Hello, Here comes another question on is there any way to setup a shortcut key or change the function keys, so I can use the Scroll Lock function? I understand that it can be overcame by the On-screen keyboard, and of course if we can find a better way for the end users...