Windows 10: Microsoft compact designer keyboard won't reconnect to laptop

Discus and support Microsoft compact designer keyboard won't reconnect to laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Microsoft compact designer keyboard was working perfectly for a few months and then some of the buttons on the top row including volume, screenshot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pickledcucumber, May 24, 2021.

1. Microsoft compact designer keyboard won't reconnect to laptop

My Microsoft compact designer keyboard was working perfectly for a few months and then some of the buttons on the top row including volume, screenshot button stopped working. I thought I'd try to remove and reconnect it, but now it won't show up as a bluetooth device on my laptop or any other laptop/device! Can anyone&nbs

:)

Pickledcucumber, May 24, 2021

2. Microsoft Designer keyboard won't reconnect after inactivity

Hi,

I recently bought the Microsoft Designer Kit and I like it, but I seem to have a problem with the keyboard.

After a period of activity the keyboard disconnects (as expected) but it won't reconnect afterwords. I have to pair it again in order to have it back working. The mouse also goes to sleep for inactivity but it has no problem reconnecting and working properly.

I'm running the latest Windows 10 and keep everything updated.

My Bluetooth radio is an ASUS USB-BT400.

Stefan GabrielMuscalu, May 24, 2021
  3. MaGroh Win User
    Media keys doesn't work on Microsoft Design keyboard

As I have already said I had the same problem.

Today my Keyboard lost connection. In the settings, the keyboard was listed with a note like "broken driver". I removed the designer keyboard and the listed HID-keyboard as well. Then I reconnected the designer keyboard.

Since then, my media keys are working again. Yay!

Edit: Came back to the PC after a while and media keys don't work anymore. Microsoft compact designer keyboard won't reconnect to laptop :(

Problem persists.

MaGroh, May 24, 2021
  4. bornfree Win User

Microsoft compact designer keyboard won't reconnect to laptop

Logitech Pushes the Edge with Stunning New Keyboard Design

I've used a lot of Logitech mice and keyboards over the years. I like them a lot with one exception. I totally dislike the flat key surface (like a laptop keyboard) that they insist on selling. The flat keyboard has never been as comfortable for me as the stepped keyboard design. If Logitech offered their nice keyboard designs in the standard stepped design I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

I would NOT however pay $200 for any keyboard no matter how stylish.

bornfree, May 24, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft compact designer keyboard won't reconnect to laptop

1. Microsoft compact designer keyboard won't reconnect to laptop - Similar Threads - Microsoft compact designer

2. PC won't find Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't find Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard: I have successfully connected my keyboard to my main PC and my phone. But when I try to add it to my backup very old PC on the third channel it won't show up in Bluetooth. Other Bluetooth devices show up. The keyboard appear if I check on my main PC and phone, so it seems my...
  3. PC won't find Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC won't find Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard: I have successfully connected my keyboard to my main PC and my phone. But when I try to add it to my backup very old PC on the third channel it won't show up in Bluetooth. Other Bluetooth devices show up. The keyboard appear if I check on my main PC and phone, so it seems my...
  4. PC won't find Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft designer compact keyboard

Microsoft designer compact keyboard: On the keyboard, number 1 and number 2 have a pairing light, but no matter how much I press the f1 key, the number 3 pairing light doesn't come on, and it goes straight from number 2 to number 1. Please solve it.*** moved from Games & Xbox / Hardware & Networks / Controllers...
  6. Designer Compact Keyboard

Designer Compact Keyboard: Does the Designer keyboard shut down after a time or do I have to slide the switch on the back each time I stop using it for an extended period? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/designer-compact-keyboard/c7240c06-9f22-47a3-b119-93fab650818b
  7. Designer Compact Keyboard won't connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Designer Compact Keyboard won't connect: I have Dell XPS 13 running Windows 10.I've used my Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard with it for monthson Channel 2.Today I added the keyboard to a new laptop via Channel 3 which worked.I went back to my Dell, changed the keyboard back to Channel 2 and it didn't work.I...
  8. Designer Compact Keyboard won't connect

Designer Compact Keyboard won't connect: I have Dell XPS 13 running Windows 10.I've used my Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard with it for monthson Channel 2.Today I added the keyboard to a new laptop via Channel 3 which worked.I went back to my Dell, changed the keyboard back to Channel 2 and it didn't work.I...
  9. Designer Compact Keyboard won't connect

10. Microsoft Compact Designer Keyboard not working

Microsoft Compact Designer Keyboard not working: Hi,I have a Surface Pro 5th Gen and I connect an external monitor and keyboard so I can use it as a desktop. The Microsoft Compact Designer Keyboard has all of a sudden stopped working. The Bluetooth light still flashes but I cannot get it to connect to my surface pro. I can...