Windows 10: Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Using High CPU

Discus and support Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Using High CPU in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, whenever I startup, I notice that Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry uses about 50-80% of my CPU which stops after a minute or so. Is this normal or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tqkend, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Tqkend Win User

Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Using High CPU

Hi, whenever I startup, I notice that Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry uses about 50-80% of my CPU which stops after a minute or so. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

:)

Tqkend, Oct 13, 2022
  2. Zero MSN Win User

Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility

Thank you so much. This was killing off the battery and the CPU on my Surface. To make it worse, the fan would make a lot of noise to cool the system down.

Now it's running so much better and a lot quieter too.

Zero MSN, Oct 13, 2022
  3. Ima Troll Win User
    Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility

Microsoft Telemetry Compatibility is, simply stated, a virus that ships with Windows.

• Hit the Windows key and type Task Scheduler
    • Drill down to Task Scheduler Library | Microsoft | Windows | Application Experience
    • Disable Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser
    • Disable ProgramDataUpdater

Ima Troll, Oct 13, 2022
  4. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Using High CPU

Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

Hi Mike,

We'd like to know more about the issue which you are experiencing regarding the Windows Compatibility Telemetry. It would be great if you can provide us the following details:

• What is the build and version of your Windows OS? To get this, press
      Windows key + R
      , type winver, and hit OK.
    • When has the issue started? How often does the it spike up its CPU and Disk usage?
    • What are the programs running on your computer when this issue occurs?

If you are running have Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise edition installed on your machine, then we may try to configure the Telemetry diagnostic data level through Group Policy editor. Follow the steps below to do so:

1. From the Group Policy Management Console, go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds.
    2. Double-click Allow Telemetry.
    3. In the Options box, select the level that you want to configure, and then click
      OK.

You can also check the following article on how to
    improve PC performance in Windows 10

We'll be waiting for your response.

MaRoselle Cag, Oct 13, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Using High CPU

1. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Using High CPU - Similar Threads - Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

2. Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry: I followed this instructions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-disabling-windows-compatibility/6bf71583-81b0-4a74-ae2e-8fd73305aad1 Microsoft Compatibility telemetry still triggers itselfI want it to permanently delete it from the computer....
  3. Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Permanently delete Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry: I followed this instructions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-disabling-windows-compatibility/6bf71583-81b0-4a74-ae2e-8fd73305aad1 Microsoft Compatibility telemetry still triggers itselfI want it to permanently delete it from the computer....
  4. Microsoft compatibility telemetry and PowerShell high cpu and disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft compatibility telemetry and PowerShell high cpu and disk usage: Whenever I startup microsoft compatibility telemetry and power shell use about 15-20% of CPU and Disk which stop after 5-10 seconds, is it normal or should I be concerned??...
  5. Microsoft compatibility telemetry and PowerShell high cpu and disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft compatibility telemetry and PowerShell high cpu and disk usage: Whenever I startup microsoft compatibility telemetry and power shell use about 15-20% of CPU and Disk which stop after 5-10 seconds, is it normal or should I be concerned??...
  6. Microsoft compatibility telemetry and PowerShell high cpu and disk usage

7. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Using High CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Using High CPU: Hi, whenever I startup, I notice that Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry uses about 50-80% of my CPU which stops after a minute or so. Is this normal or should I be concerned?...
  8. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Using High CPU

Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Using High CPU: Hi, whenever I startup, I notice that Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry uses about 50-80% of my CPU which stops after a minute or so. Is this normal or should I be concerned?...
  9. Why is "Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry" taking up so much of the CPU?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is "Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry" taking up so much of the CPU?: It has once took up over 60% of the CPU! I have a reasonably powerful computer, any explanation on why MSCT takes up so much? submitted by /u/HomieBoxYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gckclo/why_is_microsoft_compatibility_telemetry_taking/
  10. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry AppCrash

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry AppCrash: I guess this is not a new question and apologise in advance if I am repeating it but I failed to unearth anything helpful through Search: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 one month ago. Reliability Monitor, which I run every day, has advised me three times since May 22nd...