Windows 10: Microsoft Compression Error

Discus and support Microsoft Compression Error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! So after an update some time ago, when all files on my PC have been compressed automatically, i have found a problem with a folder full of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kanjuurou, Jan 18, 2019.

1. kanjuurou Win User

Microsoft Compression Error

Hello!

So after an update some time ago, when all files on my PC have been compressed automatically, i have found a problem with a folder full of photos.

There are over 1.000 photos and videos of a trip in this specific folder, but now i'm not able to open them anymore.

Windows tells me that the folder has the size of 2,47TB which is not possible because my harddisc has the capacaty of only ~200GB.

When i check the properties of a single file in that specific folder windows tells me that for example one photo has the size of 2,33GB but 4,00KB of size on the harddisc. i tried every programm but i just cannot open these files. when i try to decompress a photo it really becomes over 2GB and i still cannot open it.

It was a really important trip, how can i save those files?

Thank you for your help!

:)

kanjuurou, Jan 18, 2019

2. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 18, 2019
  3. SerhiyIA Win User
    'System and compressed memory' on ASUS G75VY notebook load CPU always on 16%

thank you for your reply!

here what I did:

1. disabled non-microsoft services, disabled all applications in startup list

result: after restart "system and compressed memory" still gain 17% CPU

2. ran PC into safe mode ( just to see what happens )

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

3. ran PC in normal mode

result: CPU load is 0% for "system and compressed memory"

as we can see from step 1, the problem probably is not in applications ?

what would you suggest in this case ?

looking forward for your answer

SerhiyIA, Jan 18, 2019
  4. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Compression Error - Similar Threads - Microsoft Compression Error

2. How to create a microsofts .mun compression to create compressed .mun files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create a microsofts .mun compression to create compressed .mun files?: Hello. More advanced users like myself are trying to inquire on how to create windows compressed .mun files.For example under C: Windows/SystemResources you will see many mun filesWe are able to edit a .dll.mun file but we can not re-compress it to windows standards.Is there...
  3. Compressed zipped folders Error

Compressed zipped folders Error: I am attempting to open a zipped folder that I recently completed downloading this is actually about my 5th attempt at this, I even bought an external hard drive thinking that my computer might not have enough space, and yet ... I keep getting the same Windows error...
  4. compress

compress: I need windows to compress pictures when I have them in Outlook or Word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compress/cad10348-601f-4644-95ff-2e9b81ee9ae3
  5. Compressed zipped folders error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Compressed zipped folders error: Every time I start my computer, I get a box pop up with "Compressed zipped folders error". I can't work out why as it is on startup so I haven't tried to open or compress any files....
  6. Compressed (zipped) Folders Error

Compressed (zipped) Folders Error: [ATTACH] I am getting this message when trying to compress any folder on my Windows 10 Computer why? How do I fix the below message? Unable to complete the operation. Access is denied....
  7. Compressed Zipped Folder Errors

Compressed Zipped Folder Errors: Hi there, I keep getting a 'Compressed Zipped Folders Error' message when trying to open a file. It has never happened before. Can anyone advise please? Many thanks....
  8. compressing error...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    compressing error...: Hi Guys, i am trying to compress the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder... i took control of it and when i try to compress it i get access denied...i am the owner and have full control... 125613
  9. Unable to Unzip compressed folders. Error: ‘The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or...

Unable to Unzip compressed folders. Error: ‘The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or...: I recently began using DropBox to download files, and I was able to download one folder perfectly fine, able to unzip and view image files at will. However, the second ZIP folder I downloaded from my DropBox account could neither be unzipped nor could any files be viewed...
  10. Introducing Brotli compression in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Brotli compression in Microsoft Edge: Beginning with EdgeHTML 15.14986, Microsoft Edge supports Brotli as an HTTP content-encoding method. This change will be released to stable builds with the Windows 10 Creator’s Update early next year, but you can preview it now via the Windows Insider Program. With this...