Windows 10: Microsoft computer stuck in wide screen

Discus and support Microsoft computer stuck in wide screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi my computer is stuck in wide screen and the top and bottom of the screen are black i tried to restore to sertain time date that didnt work and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DonovanSchwartz, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Microsoft computer stuck in wide screen

Hi my computer is stuck in wide screen and the top and bottom of the screen are black i tried to restore to sertain time date that didnt work and i tried to download the driver from amd and itMicrosoft computer stuck in wide screen [​IMG]didnt work and i tried to factory reset and it didnt work and tried changing hdmi cables it didnt work and tried updating the drivers and it also didnt work im stuck and i really do please need help ive been working on this since 3am

:)

DonovanSchwartz, Nov 29, 2020

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Rodar7071 Win User
    Wide screen

My computer jumped to a wide screen while playing a Microsoft game and I cannot get it back to a 'normal' size.

Rodar7071, Nov 29, 2020
  4. goosmurf Win User

Microsoft computer stuck in wide screen

Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

The first suggestion is not helpful since the problem is that we have many open programs stuck behind the lock screen.

I have run into this problem and tried the On-screen keyboard but it does not help.

An additional data point is that it does not matter what password is entered.

Enter correct password -> spinner shows up, after about 30 seconds the spinner goes away and the screen remains locked.

Enter blank password (simply hit Enter) -> same behaviour as above.

The behaviour is the same whether using physical or On-screen keyboards.

goosmurf, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft computer stuck in wide screen

1. Microsoft computer stuck in wide screen - Similar Threads - Microsoft computer stuck

2. Computer stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer stuck on black screen: My computer has been stuck on a black screen with a cursor, I've tried everything and nothing has worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-stuck-on-black-screen/09b2e030-d065-4ad4-bfed-6d8911ada148
  3. Why is my display screen on my computer stretched super wide?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my display screen on my computer stretched super wide?: I tried changing my computer's resolution, restarting the computer, updating it, and it's still the same.Using a desktopEdition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 hp V194 is my monitor...
  4. Why is my display screen on my computer stretched super wide?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is my display screen on my computer stretched super wide?: I tried changing my computer's resolution, restarting the computer, updating it, and it's still the same.Using a desktopEdition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 hp V194 is my monitor...
  5. Computer is stuck at bootup screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer is stuck at bootup screen: I was using Blender and pushed a render a little too far and caused it to crash and then the computer crashed as well. When it started up, it said it needed to be repaired. Did all that, said it was collecting info but stayed frozen and so I restarted. Nothing was happening....
  6. Computer stuck in buffering screen!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer stuck in buffering screen!: So my pc, windows 10 home has a history of problems, its 2.2 years old and a prebuilt i at one point had to reinstall windows, it kept crashing and so on. I played among us earlier and then shut down my pc, after 4 hours i started again or so i thought, it bring up the LENOVO...
  7. Wide screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Wide screen: Until an update Wednesday 9/9/20 screen was okay. Then after update everytthing is wide, settings are same as before. 164328
  8. Wide screen setting's problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wide screen setting's problems: Besides my laptop screen I also have a separate wide screen which is causing problems made by a company called ^OC, the first letter being an upside down V at an angle to the right which makes it impossible to do a Google search or find out who they are. Finally there are 3...
  9. Computer is stuck on restart screen.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer is stuck on restart screen.: I restarted my computer and it never finished restarting. It is stuck on the screen in the picture below and has been for hours. I am not able to turn off the computer with the power button and can not access anything from the task manager or Windows key.[IMG]...
  10. Videos stuck in wide screen mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Videos stuck in wide screen mode: Recently something happened so when I watch video online and put them on full screen, they show up wide screen so it's black on top and bottom of screen (above and below video). This make movies look stretched side-ways and actors, etc look wider than they are supposed to be....