Windows 10: Microsoft confirms 2 new Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade blocks

Discus and support Microsoft confirms 2 new Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade blocks in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft removed three upgrade blocks from the list of issues affecting upgrades to the company's Windows 10 version 1903 operating system. We noted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jul 16, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft confirms 2 new Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade blocks

Microsoft removed three upgrade blocks from the list of issues affecting upgrades to the company's Windows 10 version 1903 operating system.

We noted in yesterday|s article that users were facing new issues that Microsoft had not confirmed officially at the time even though they appeared widespread enough to warrant at least an entry on the bug tracking list.

Microsoft confirmed two new issues on July 12, 2019 that the company considers serious enough to block machines affected by these issues from upgrading to Windows 10 version 1903.

One issue affects Surface Book 2 devices exclusively, the other confirms the reported Remote Desktop black screen issue.

Surface Book 2 issue

Microsoft confirms 2 new Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade blocks windows-10-version-1903-new-issues.png

Microsoft confirmed an issue affecting Surface Book 2 devices that causes certain graphics intensive operations to fail on the device after upgrading to Windows 10 version 1903

The dGPU may occasionally disappear from device manager on Surface Book 2 with dGPU

Microsoft has identified a compatibility issue on some Surface Book 2 devices configured with Nvidia discrete graphics processing unit (dGPU). After updating to Window 10, version 1903 (May 2019 Feature Update), some apps or games that needs to perform graphics intensive operations may close or fail to open.

Microsoft suggests that administrators who upgraded Surface Book 2 devices to Windows 10 version 1903 already restart the device when that happens or run a manual scan for hardware changes in the Device Manager instead.

Remote Desktop Black Screen issue

The second confirmed issue affects devices with certain Intel 4 series chipset integrated GPU hardware to which remote connections are established. The issue may occur to any device initiating the remote connection and users may notice that the screen remains black once the connection is established.

Initiating a Remote Desktop connection may result in black screen

When initiating a Remote Desktop connection to devices with some older GPU drivers, you may receive a black screen. Any version of Windows may encounter this issue when initiating a Remote Desktop connection to a Windows 10, version 1903 device which is running an affected display driver, including the drivers for the Intel 4 series chipset integrated GPU (iGPU).

Microsoft offers no workaround for the issue at the time but Günter Born published a workaround on his site some hours ago that might resolve the issue.

Apart from upgrading graphics driver on affected devices if possible, Born suggests that administrators disable the use of the WDDM graphics display driver for Remote Desktop connections in the Group Policy found under Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Remote Session Environment.

Now You: are you affected by these issues?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here (https://www.ghacks.net/support/) or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/ghacks)). Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft confirms 2 new Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade blocks appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jul 16, 2019
  2. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Microsoft confirms 2 new Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade blocks [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Jul 17, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft confirms 2 new Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade blocks - Similar Threads - Microsoft confirms version

2. Microsoft confirms new issues in Windows 10 version 21H1 and older

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms new issues in Windows 10 version 21H1 and older: Microsoft is slowly rolling out the May 2021 Update (version 21H1) to users around the world, but a couple of issues were recently discovered and Microsoft has already offered a workaround. Windows 10 version 21H1 update, otherwise known as Windows 10 May 2021 Update is a...
  3. Upgrading windows 10 to version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading windows 10 to version 1903: I have been trying to upgrade my machine for the last two months on and off, and it is currently getting stuck at 60% and reports that it is unable to install some windows components. I have run setupdiag and it gives me the error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found....
  4. windows 10 1903 upgrade block/hold

windows 10 1903 upgrade block/hold: Hi, I've noticed that I got a message about my laptop seems to be in an upgrade hold to windows 10 1903, currently, I'm running windows 10 1803 on my laptop [ATTACH] Does this mean that Windows 10 1903 isn't compatible with my laptop? I heard that it's ready for broad...
  5. upgrading to 1903 version Windows 10

upgrading to 1903 version Windows 10: I was unable to upgrade from version 1803 to 1903, W 10. (It takes a long time due to a skipped version.) Windows tech tried, stilled failed. It was downloading and preparing, but when it came to final install and restarting several times, it failed. W tech put an iOS file on...
  6. Windows 10 CPU block with version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 CPU block with version 1903: Hi guys, After the newest update in september I experiencing a really annoying issue... It seems the system is blocking my CPU usage. It's not the typical high CPU usage problem, but the opposite of it. Like my programs used 70-80% of my CPU in total. After the update...
  7. Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block: Microsoft recently announced a new upgrade block for Windows 10 version 1903 (May 2019 Update) on PCs with outdated Intel RST drivers. The Redmond firm has been recommending users to install the newer versions of the drivers before deploying Windows 10 version 1903 on their...
  8. Windows 10 version 1903: some upgrade blocks lifted and new problems

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1903: some upgrade blocks lifted and new problems: Microsoft released the final version of Windows 10 version 1903, the May 2019 Update, at the end of May 2019. The release replaces Windows 10 version 1809 and will be around for longer because Windows 10 19H2, the second feature update of 2019, will just be a cumulative...
  9. Microsoft lifts Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block for more PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft lifts Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block for more PCs: Microsoft maintains a list of known issues and upgrade blocks for Windows 10 version 1903. With the latest Patch Tuesday update, Microsoft appears to have lifted the upgrade block for Windows 10 May 2019 Update, or version 1903, allowing more users to install the latest...
  10. windows 10 version 1903 upgrade

windows 10 version 1903 upgrade: Error code: (0x80070570) when installing windows 10. I have tried to update 3 times. What is wrong? Email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1903-upgrade/14f69610-895c-4c77-bd52-8bc8507e77d2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no speakers plugged in windows 10 1903