Windows 10: Microsoft confirms a known issue in Windows 10 KB4535996

Discus and support Microsoft confirms a known issue in Windows 10 KB4535996 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 KB4535996 is another roller coaster ride for some people with many users reporting boot failures, slow boot, reduced performance, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 8, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft confirms a known issue in Windows 10 KB4535996

Windows 10 KB4535996 is another roller coaster ride for some people with many users reporting boot failures, slow boot, reduced performance, and SignTool.exe crashes. As always, Microsoft hasn’t issued any warnings for Windows 10 owners and official workaround to deal with the latest disaster is also not available.

According to numerous user bug reports picked up by us, Windows 10 KB4535996 has several critical issues. As per the user reports, Windows 10 KB4535996 may have the following serious bugs:

• Slow boot: After the power button is pressed, Windows 10 takes a long time to boot to the lock screen and login time has also increased. Task Manager reveals that Windows 10 resources are under normal usage.
    • System freezes and crashes: Apps such as Task Manager, File Explorer or the desktop and taskbar crashes without warning.
    • Blue Screen of Death: Users are reporting that the traditional BSOD error has returned back. On Windows 10, a Blue Screen of Death will happen after a critical error. Generic error messages such as “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart” are displayed.
    • Reduced performance: In games, some users have noticed FPS drops and audio stutters. I’ve also noticed reduced performance for general activities.
    • Black screen during sign-in and other random times.

The update is also causing SignTool.exe to crash with generic error messages. In a community post, Microsoft confirmed this known issue and promised that a fix will be available in mid-March.

“We’re aware of issues with signtool.exe after installing the latest optional update for Windows 10, version 1903 or Windows 10, version 1909 (KB4535996). If you are encountering issues or receiving errors related to signtool.exe, you can uninstall the optional update KB4535996,” the company said.

Microsoft has to acknowledge the BSOD, slow boot time and performance issues with the optional cumulative update. Unfortunately, Microsoft’s support team is also clueless about the recent update issues and the official workaround is still not available.

If your PC is buggy after the update, you can uninstall the patch by following these steps:

• Head to Update & Security
    • Click ‘View update history’
    • Click ‘Uninstall updates’ link’
    • Select the KB number and uninstall the update.

After the patch has been removed, open the same page again and pause the update for seven days.

The post Microsoft confirms a known issue in Windows 10 KB4535996 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 8, 2020

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Mar 8, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Mar 8, 2020
  4. alexp999 Win User

Microsoft Confirms Windows 7 Release Candidate Will Launch on April 10 2009

In an exclusive interview with the guys at Neowin.net, Microsoft have confirmed, that provided no serious problems arise, they are on track to release Windows 7 RC on April 10. As yet the only changes which are known about, are User Account Control (UAC) fixes which prevent malware from disabling UAC all together.

More information about the development of Windows 7 comes from Geeksmack, with their email conversation with Steven Sinofsky, Microsoft Senior Vice President of Windows. Sinofsky said, "We have received an amazing amount of feedback, many suggestions for new features too, during the beta—over 500,000 suggestions just from the Send Feedback button." What was also interesting to note, "... by far the most humorous element has been that the build numbers blogged about are higher than our current build. Today’s build is 7046, but it hasn’t completed yet *Smile Microsoft confirms a known issue in Windows 10 KB4535996 :)"
    Sinofsky is also said to have spoken to Ars Technica, and said that, "The build will be available broadly".

Sources: Neowin.net , Geeksmack , Ars Technica

alexp999, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft confirms a known issue in Windows 10 KB4535996 - Similar Threads - Microsoft confirms known

2. Microsoft confirms new known issue in Windows 10 v2004

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms new known issue in Windows 10 v2004: Microsoft’s new Windows 10 May 2020 Update is primarily focused on improving existing features, rather than launching new ones. The May 2020 Update improves the features you know and use the most. For instance, the Windows Subsystem for Linux is getter better and Microsoft...
  3. KB4535996 - a different issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4535996 - a different issue: I have KB4535996 in my optionals queue. How do I get rid of it from the queue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb4535996-a-different-issue/2d3986d3-edf9-455e-a000-b690823f87b3
  4. Performance issues after installing KB4535996

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Performance issues after installing KB4535996: After I installed the update the disk usage in task manager is 100% all the time, and my pc is slow af now ! It's not the first time I get problems and performance issues after installing an update for windows 10, It's just so pathetic man that a big OS like windows after...
  5. KB4535996

KB4535996: Newest update KB4535996 is crashing machines. Makes the machines lock up and blue screen at log in screens. Not able to get into any safe mode and uninstall this update. Forcing rebuild and GPO's to block this particular update. Microsoft says they havent heard of any...
  6. Windows 10 KB4535996

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 KB4535996: Update KB4535996 causes the sleep mode to be disabled. After going to sleep it wakes up after about a minute. I shut down all peripherals to make sure it wasn't caused by the mouse or printer but that didn't help. After uninstalling the update the desktop went and stayed in...
  7. windows update kb4535996

windows update kb4535996: Does windows 10 kb4535996 replace kb4524244 and kb4532693? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-kb4535996/9eb7c7d7-6fac-4222-a6a7-c640aa626385
  8. Windows 10 KB4535996 causes freezes, installation issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4535996 causes freezes, installation issues: Windows 10 users are reporting that an optional update released in the last week of February is causing problems. Windows 10 KB4535996 was released on February 27 to fix Windows Search and printing glitches, but it looks like some users have run into serious bugs after...
  9. Microsoft releases KB4535996 for Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases KB4535996 for Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909: Microsoft has released a new (optional) cumulative update for the company's Windows 10 operating system versions 1903 and 1909. KB4535996 is available as an optional update via Windows Update, via Windows Server Update Services, and as a direct download on the company's...
  10. Microsoft confirms two Known Issues for recent Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms two Known Issues for recent Windows 10 updates: Microsoft just confirmed two new known issues in recent updates for Windows 10 on the official Windows 10 Updates History website. April 2019 has not been very kind to Microsoft even though everything looked as if Microsoft would be right on track to improve update quality....
Tags: