Windows 10: Microsoft Confirms Desktop Screen Flashes Bug in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Confirms Desktop Screen Flashes Bug in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Confirms Desktop Screen Flashes Bug in Windows 10, Offers Fix One of the many bugs found in Windows 10 is causing the desktop screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by fracking4oil, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Microsoft Confirms Desktop Screen Flashes Bug in Windows 10

Microsoft Confirms Desktop Screen Flashes Bug in Windows 10, Offers Fix

read more

:)

fracking4oil, Aug 23, 2015

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 not working - Only have flashing screen

I don't get any option for Recovery options; just more flashing. This is my second attempt to upgrade to Windows 10. The first time August) the Start button stopped working after three days. Now my screen won't stop flashing and I'm on a desktop trying
    to find a way to make my laptop more than a doorstop. You can bet the desktop is staying at Window 7! Why can't they get the bugs out before they release these things. Especially annoying is the way the reminder keeps coming up....

LindaO'Donnell, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Stange FLASHES ON BOOT WINDOWS 10

When first booting up and the MSI Splash screen goes out there is a white flash and then a black screen then the wallpaper of windows 10.

The white flash has started since windows 10 upgrade. Seems there is some kind of bug as to the white flash.

Mark

MARKWIDERSTROM, Aug 23, 2015
  4. kosta Win User

Microsoft Confirms Desktop Screen Flashes Bug in Windows 10

No problems here and I use iCloud too. Also Kaspersky as "other AV solution.

kosta, Aug 23, 2015
  5. DoItJust Win User
    Then I would like to report that screen flickering is happening on Windows 10's desktop because of Windows 10. I have had the problem on several clean installs ...

DoItJust, Aug 23, 2015
  6. azasadny Win User
    I've installed Win 10 about 15 times so far and no issues...

azasadny, Aug 23, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    A simple fix-Don't use Norton. I use Avast AIS and my screen does not flicker.

8. john7 Win User

I use Norton and my screens are OK

john7, Aug 23, 2015
  9. gator2013 Win User
    I wonder how many of those who have been adversely affected by the W10 transition received this little gem?*Eek

Microsoft Confirms Desktop Screen Flashes Bug in Windows 10 [​IMG]

gator2013, Aug 23, 2015
  10. Berton Win User
    Is that image from the released version of Win10 [7/29/2015] or with the date of 7/8/2015 from one of the Preview versions?

Berton, Aug 23, 2015
  11. no problems thus far here either and I too have and use icloud.

Matt Siegel, Aug 23, 2015
  12. gzt7d8 Win User
    Ditto, same here too.

I didn't notice it with the upgrade but I did a clean install over the weekend and now notice the flickering...I have Norton Security with Win 10 Pro.

gzt7d8, Aug 23, 2015
  13. magilla Win User

I use Norton Internet Security and have no problems on 3 computers with Windows 10. No other programs causing a 'flicker' problem.

magilla, Aug 23, 2015
  14. gator2013 Win User
    That was for the Win10 [7/29/2015] release NOT for any previous build.

My desktop was scanned 4-5 times prior to the 7/29/15 release and this was the outcome on the last 3 scans. Doing my own due diligence I found out there were several critical incompatibilities with my system that would have likely resulted in serious problems if not a total crash.

1, System not tested by HP
    2. Bluetooth incompatibility
    3. Intel Graphics Issues
    4. SanDisk (ReadyCache) caching SSD incompatibility

But I received the "Ready To Go" message. Go Figure.*Eek

Obviously I did not do the upgrade on my 18 month old desktop. I did upgrade my HP Notebook, not without some issues that still remain unresolved and I had the same message with it although my notebook had been tested and approved by HP. I suspect some corruption with the W10 download or something funky with the installation but I think the "Good To Go" message was very undependable.

gator2013, Aug 23, 2015
  15. Macco26 Win User
    Fun fact: when I restored back to 8.1 my Win10 installation (by using its built in recovery option) my 8.1 started to act like this:
    Start menu -> Desktop -> Start menu -> Desktop, forever and ever. With a less than 0.5" interval.. O_O
    Was this the fault described here?

For instance, my installation was far from personalized: A Dell Venue 11 Pro with not even a third party browser, AV, or such. Most were Store Apps.

SFC /SCANNOW (invoked in safe mode) repaired most of it. But there were other glitches, so I just had to restore my past Sys Image backup.

Moral of the story: don't count on the "Revert to your past OS" option of Win10. Do not.

Macco26, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Confirms Desktop Screen Flashes Bug in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Confirms Desktop

2. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 desktop and taskbar issue

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 desktop and taskbar issue: Microsoft confirmed another issue affecting its Windows 10 operating system. This one may affect the appearance of the desktop or the taskbar on the Windows 10 device. [ATTACH] According to Microsoft, it may happen that either disappears momentarily or that the device may...
  3. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 update bug is crashing some apps

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 update bug is crashing some apps: Windows 10 has apparently hit further problems with its February 2021 and January 2021 updates, with several users reporting that their desktop apps are crashing, or even machines being put into blue screen loops. Specifically, app crashing bug is happening to those who have...
  4. Microsoft confirms undeletable ‘Windows.old’ folder bug on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms undeletable ‘Windows.old’ folder bug on Windows 10: When you apply Windows 10 feature updates or upgrade to a new version of the OS, Microsoft creates a folder called “Windows.old” to save a copy of the previous version for recovery purpose. If the update installation fails or Windows is unable to boot with Blue Screen error,...
  5. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 Blue Screen and forced reboot bugs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 Blue Screen and forced reboot bugs: Just a few weeks after Microsoft rolled out its latest Windows 10 version 20H2, the company has issued two separate warnings and is recommending users to roll back to the previous version of Windows if they get Blue Screen of Death error or forced reboot warning after sign...
  6. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 bug could prevent system refresh

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 bug could prevent system refresh: If your computer isn’t running the way it should, Microsoft allows you to refresh Windows 10 with Recovery options. With ‘Reset this PC’ feature, you can reinstall Windows 10 and start fresh if you’re getting strange errors or running slowly or when you want to sell your old...
  7. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 bug causes internet connectivity issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 bug causes internet connectivity issues: Windows 10 May 2020 Update has received fixes for major bugs in Microsoft’s monthly patches for July, but it looks like the update has yet another unpatched problem and it has been finally acknowledged by Microsoft. Microsoft has acknowledged that Windows 10 version 2004 is...
  8. Microsoft confirms second search bug in a row in Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms second search bug in a row in Windows 10 1903: It took Microsoft just one day to acknowledge an issue related to the Start Menu and Windows Desktop Search in Windows 10 version 1903 caused by the recently released cumulative update KB4515384. The company released the monthly cumulative update for the operating system on...
  9. Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10: Microsoft’s latest cumulative update for Windows 10 has a bug that would break the file association feature in the operating system. The File Association bug prevents certain software from handling specific formats by default. For example, Microsoft Notepad or other Win32...
  10. Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803: Microsoft confirmed on November 8, 2018 that the option to set custom file associations is broken for some users on Windows 10 version 1803. The issue, first reported on November 5, 2018 by Chris Hoffman on How To Geek, prevents users and administrators from selecting custom...