Windows 10: Microsoft confirms latest Windows 10 version 1803 update causes BSOD for some users

Discus and support Microsoft confirms latest Windows 10 version 1803 update causes BSOD for some users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The optional November cumulative update for Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) is causing BSOD on the Surface Book 2. Microsoft says that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 5, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft confirms latest Windows 10 version 1803 update causes BSOD for some users

The optional November cumulative update for Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) is causing BSOD on the Surface Book 2. Microsoft says that the Windows 10 Build 17134.441 is an optional update and it was released on November 27 to the general public.

There appears to be a bug that seems to hit the Surface Book 2 that are being updated to this version of Windows 10 April 2018 Update. The users have documented their problem on Reddit and other forums.

“Damn, just happened to me as well. Same error code. I had just installed a few driver updates before it happened, but it seems the cumulative update (installed it two days ago) is the most likely cause. Will uninstall and report back if it happens again,” a user posted on Reddit.

Some users may experience BSOD after installing Windows 10 KB4467682 which was released to April 2018 Update. This new bug in Windows 10 version 1803 cumulative update is causing BSODs on a number of Surface Book 2 units but it can be resolved by uninstalling it completely.

In the updated support document, Microsoft has confirmed the issue and the company is recommending users experiencing this problem to uninstall the update.

“After installing this optional update some users may get a blue or black screen with error code, “System thread exception not handled,” Microsoft explains. “For Surface Book 2 customers, we are only blocking this optional update. You will receive the required December 2018 security update release,” the company explains.

The post Microsoft confirms latest Windows 10 version 1803 update causes BSOD for some users appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Drone Win User
  3. Microsoft Confirms Windows, Office 6-Month Update Cycle

Microsoft has been steadily increasing stability, features and, the company hopes, attractiveness of its latest Windows 10 operating system. Recently, its Creator's Update has brought, among other features, a performance-boosting Game Mode, a 3D version of the popular and (respectably ancient) Paint app, as well as increased privacy control, something users clamored for. Now, the Redmond company has confirmed that it's looking towards a six month update cycle for Windows 10 (thus aligning it with Office 365 ProPlus), looking to streamline and increase predictability of its support.

Microsoft released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update in August 2016, and the Creators Update made its public debut on April 11 2017, which is already close to the six-month update cycle the company is now confirming (seven months, in this case.) Now the company has confirmed that it plans to release its next step on the Windows 10 operating system on September 2017. From then on, updates should arrive in a steady cadence, on every subsequent March and September. Each Windows 10 feature release will be serviced and supported for 18 months, as is currently the case, and the company has also added that its System Center Configuration Manager will support this new aligned update model for Office 365 ProPlus and Windows 10, "making both easier to deploy and keep up to date."

Microsoft confirms latest Windows 10 version 1803 update causes BSOD for some users 9e115beeb143_thm.jpg

Microsoft confirms latest Windows 10 version 1803 update causes BSOD for some users 8565e55b8bba_thm.jpg

Source: Blogs.Windows.com, Tom's Hardware

Raevenlord, Dec 5, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Microsoft confirms latest Windows 10 version 1803 update causes BSOD for some users

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Microsoft confirms latest Windows 10 version 1803 update causes BSOD for some users pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft confirms latest Windows 10 version 1803 update causes BSOD for some users - Similar Threads - Microsoft confirms latest

2. Windows 10 Version 1803 refuses to update to the latest version.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Version 1803 refuses to update to the latest version.: A few months ago, I had managed to recover a laptop I used to use before it fell into what could best be discribed as a comatose state from an accidental spil, ever since then I have been trying to update Windows 10 to 21H2, only for each attempt to fail on me and revert back...
  3. Windows 10 Version 1803 refuses to update to the latest version.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Version 1803 refuses to update to the latest version.: A few months ago, I had managed to recover a laptop I used to use before it fell into what could best be discribed as a comatose state from an accidental spil, ever since then I have been trying to update Windows 10 to 21H2, only for each attempt to fail on me and revert back...
  4. Windows 10 Version 1803 refuses to update to the latest version.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The latest Windows 10 update is causing new issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    The latest Windows 10 update is causing new issues for some users: The latest update for Windows 10 is reportedly causing issues with the system backup tool called ‘File History’ for a small subset of users. In addition to backup issues, users are also finding that the update breaks their webcam, crashes apps, and fails to install in some...
  6. Windows 10 update 1803 to latest version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 1803 to latest version: I was trying to install windows update for my Windows 10 version 1803 and every time it start to install it get freeze on 48% and I have to shut off the computer and restart it to undo the update installation. tried to get the update manually with windows 10 update assistant...
  7. Latest update causing WiFi issues on Microsoft Surface for some users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest update causing WiFi issues on Microsoft Surface for some users: Haven't tried to update my SP3 yet, but thought this would be of interest for other SP owners. http://www.windowslatest.com/2019/08...tivity-issues/ 138023
  8. Microsoft confirms latest Windows 10 update causes issues with certain games

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms latest Windows 10 update causes issues with certain games: Earlier this month, Microsoft released Windows 10 KB4482887 to fix Action Center bug, improve performance by enabling Retpoline on certain machines and address other problems. Yesterday, we discovered this Windows 10 cumulative update breaks down some games such as Destiny 2....
  9. Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803: Microsoft confirmed on November 8, 2018 that the option to set custom file associations is broken for some users on Windows 10 version 1803. The issue, first reported on November 5, 2018 by Chris Hoffman on How To Geek, prevents users and administrators from selecting custom...
  10. Confirm latest Win 10 version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Confirm latest Win 10 version: I have been away from my home in South Africa for over a month, visiting family in the UK & Ireland. I did not have my Win10 Pro 64-bit laptop with me while I was away from home. Is this the latest version of Win 10 available? [img] 52730