Windows 10: Microsoft confirms new issues in Windows 10 June 2022 updates

Discus and support Microsoft confirms new issues in Windows 10 June 2022 updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 June 2022 cumulative update is now available for all supported versions of the operating system. This month’s cumulative update has fixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 18, 2022.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft confirms new issues in Windows 10 June 2022 updates

Windows 10 June 2022 cumulative update is now available for all supported versions of the operating system. This month’s cumulative update has fixed several issues, including a bug that prevents Microsoft Excel and Outlook from launching. Another bug has been fixed that affects the Internet Explorer mode window.

While the list of fixes in the June 2022 update (KB5014699) for Windows 10 is pretty long as the company has resolved a lot of issues, Microsoft has also issued a warning. As per the updated release notes, a bug in Windows 10 June 2022 update could break the Wi-Fi hotspot feature of the OS.

It’s pretty common to use a smartphone or tablet as a personal hotspot in order to share the super-fast 5G wireless internet connection with other devices at any time. On Windows, it is also possible to create a hotspot and share the internet with other devices. In fact, you can use Windows 10’s built-in hotspot feature as a Wi-Fi extender.

After Windows 10 June 2022 update, users might be able unable to use the Wi-Fi hotspot feature. This has been confirmed in reports on Feedback Hub:

“After installing KB5014699 I was having problems where network connections were getting reset every 5 minutes. This includes RDP sessions, SMB sessions, and a session between the bridge and an IoT device. When I disabled the Network Bridge, which I require for my work with the IoT device, the problem goes away,” one of the affected users noted.

“Enabling Internet Connection Sharing breaks the ability to access the web on the computer sharing the connection. Even sites running on localhost spin forever and time out” another user noted.

“Enabling ICS also destroys the ability to RDP to computers connected to the network adapter that the Internet connection is shared with. Notably, I can still connect to port 3389 via telnet on the computer sharing the connection, but the RDP client just spins forever “Configuring remote session”,” one of the affected users explained how the bug also broke RDP.

Microsoft has now quietly updated its documentation to highlight a bug where users run into unexpected issues when using the Wi-Fi hotspot feature. If you’re affected, the host device might lose the connection to the internet.

In other words, this bug could break the WiFi of your device. If your device’s internet connection is acting weird lately, it’s likely due to the cumulative update. You can address the issue and restore internet access on the host device by disabling the Wi-Fi hotspot feature. To disable the WiFi hotspot entirely, follow these steps:

• Open the Start menu.
    • Open Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot.
    • Under “Share my Internet connection from”, make sure the option “Share my Internet connection with other devices” is turned off.

In most cases, following these steps should mitigate Windows 11 WiFi issues.

Issues in Windows 10 June 2022 update

In addition to broken WiFi, Microsoft is also aware of another bug in Windows 10 June 2022 update where users might be unable to sign in using Azure Active Directory (AAD).

This affects apps and services that use Azure Active Directory and some users can also run into issues with VPN connections, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft OneDrive, and Microsoft Outlook.

The post Microsoft confirms new issues in Windows 10 June 2022 updates appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 18, 2022

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 18, 2022
  3. Microsoft Confirms Windows, Office 6-Month Update Cycle

Microsoft has been steadily increasing stability, features and, the company hopes, attractiveness of its latest Windows 10 operating system. Recently, its Creator's Update has brought, among other features, a performance-boosting Game Mode, a 3D version of the popular and (respectably ancient) Paint app, as well as increased privacy control, something users clamored for. Now, the Redmond company has confirmed that it's looking towards a six month update cycle for Windows 10 (thus aligning it with Office 365 ProPlus), looking to streamline and increase predictability of its support.

Microsoft released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update in August 2016, and the Creators Update made its public debut on April 11 2017, which is already close to the six-month update cycle the company is now confirming (seven months, in this case.) Now the company has confirmed that it plans to release its next step on the Windows 10 operating system on September 2017. From then on, updates should arrive in a steady cadence, on every subsequent March and September. Each Windows 10 feature release will be serviced and supported for 18 months, as is currently the case, and the company has also added that its System Center Configuration Manager will support this new aligned update model for Office 365 ProPlus and Windows 10, "making both easier to deploy and keep up to date."

Microsoft confirms new issues in Windows 10 June 2022 updates 9e115beeb143_thm.jpg

Microsoft confirms new issues in Windows 10 June 2022 updates 8565e55b8bba_thm.jpg

Source: Blogs.Windows.com, Tom's Hardware

Raevenlord, Jun 18, 2022
  4. Microsoft confirms new issues in Windows 10 June 2022 updates

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft confirms new issues in Windows 10 June 2022 updates

1. Microsoft confirms new issues in Windows 10 June 2022 updates - Similar Threads - Microsoft confirms issues

2. Microsoft confirms audio issues in Windows 10 KB5016616 August 2022 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms audio issues in Windows 10 KB5016616 August 2022 Update: Windows 10 may not be getting updated as frequently as Windows 11, but it still has its share of bugs and breaks with each new monthly update. KB5016616, which was released on August 9, as part of the August 2022 Patch Tuesday cycle, is apparently breaking down the audio...
  3. Microsoft confirms issues in Windows 10 KB5015807 July 2022 update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms issues in Windows 10 KB5015807 July 2022 update: If you believed that skipping Windows 11 upgrade would spare you from the ongoing issues in the latest updates, then we have some bad news for you. While Windows 11 update (KB5015882) broke the Start menu, users have also reported annoying issues in Windows 10 KB5015807....
  4. Microsoft Photos Update June 2022

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photos Update June 2022: The recent update made to Windows Photos downloaded in June 2022 appears to have taken away the ability to check the location of the photo from the file. I was able before this to see a map thumbnail in each file. Can this be restored, or can I switch to another programme...
  5. Microsoft Photos Update June 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos Update June 2022: The recent update made to Windows Photos downloaded in June 2022 appears to have taken away the ability to check the location of the photo from the file. I was able before this to see a map thumbnail in each file. Can this be restored, or can I switch to another programme...
  6. Microsoft Photos Update June 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 June 2022 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 June 2022 update: Hi there, 2 weeks ago I started using a PC that was in storage. On my last shutdown it started the June 2022 Window 10 update. For the last 17 hours the screen says "Working on updates 90%. Don't turn off ...... Any suggestions?...
  8. Windows 10 June 2022 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 June 2022 update: Hi there, 2 weeks ago I started using a PC that was in storage. On my last shutdown it started the June 2022 Window 10 update. For the last 17 hours the screen says "Working on updates 90%. Don't turn off ...... Any suggestions?...
  9. Windows 10 June 2022 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Microsoft confirms a new issue in June patch for Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms a new issue in June patch for Windows 10 version 1803: Earlier this week, Microsoft released new June 2018 patches for all supported versions of Windows 10 operating system, including the newly released Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803). At that time, the company acknowledged only one issue in a patch for Windows 10...