Windows 10: Microsoft Confirms Second Windows 10 Update Coming This Year

Discus and support Microsoft Confirms Second Windows 10 Update Coming This Year in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In a month or two, Microsoft will be releasing the Creators update for Windows 10 that will bring several new features to the platform. As I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft Confirms Second Windows 10 Update Coming This Year

Read more: Microsoft Confirms Second Windows 10 Update Coming This Year - Thurrott.com

Brink, Feb 20, 2017
  2. M4v3r1ck Win User

Thanks for the link!

Always a strange feeling arrises - at least for me - to read about these articles when you're in the middle of bug-bashing the Insiders Preview for that new release.

Nevertheless I'm very exited to download and install the definitive release of the Creators Update!

Cheers

:)

M4v3r1ck, Feb 20, 2017
  3. Chugsum Win User
    Confirm Windows Updates are coming from Microsoft?

Unless Microsoft reports it as a known "bug", it should not be ignored.

Chugsum, Feb 20, 2017
  4. Chugsum Win User

Confirm Windows Updates are coming from Microsoft?

After downloading updates KB3201860, KB3199986 and KB3197954, I ran Disk Cleanup ("Clean up system files" mode) and discovered a file/directory which reads as 3.99 TB. I contacted chat support, but they were unable to tell me why the file/directory is 3.99
    TB. They did confirm that TB stands for terabyte, which makes sense since it's listed under the Size column in the DC dialogue box. I've pasted a link to a screenshot below and would like some feedback on this issue.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuqFz9nciHk4pA4jns8GR6Lt5aj3

The name of it is Windows Update Cleanup, which I've seen before, but never of this size.

I've considered this may be a compressed file, but there was virtually no space taken up on my hard drive before deleting the file/directory through Disk Cleanup, and this was verified after running it. It didn't free up even a GB of space.

Can Windows Update programs/files be compressed that well? Can 3.99TB be compressed down to 20 to 50 MB?

How do I confirm that I'm actually getting WU's from Microsoft?

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Chugsum, Feb 20, 2017
  5. gtspeck Win User
    Brink thanks for the heads up. Personally I'm looking forward to it. Might get rid of a couple of annoying errors that won't go away and no solution insight.*Biggrin

gtspeck, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Confirms Second Windows 10 Update Coming This Year - Similar Threads - Microsoft Confirms Second

2. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 October 2022 Update (22H2)

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 October 2022 Update (22H2): The upcoming feature update to Windows 10 is almost here, with minor new enterprise-centric features and improvements. Microsoft is apparently planning to launch Windows 10 version 22H2 in October and it’ll be called ‘Windows 10 October 2022 Update’, according to a company’s...
  3. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 May 2020 Update issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 May 2020 Update issues: On May 27, 2020, Microsoft started rolling out Windows 10 May 2020 Update to the mainstream users. Anyone who manually checks for updates can now upgrade their PC to Windows 10 version 2004. Windows 10’s May 2020 Update (version 2004) has been in testing with Windows...
  4. Microsoft confirms modular Windows 10 is coming to laptops

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms modular Windows 10 is coming to laptops: Microsoft has now confirmed that the modular version of Windows 10 is finally coming to regular, single-screen laptops and notebooks first. The delays associated with the health crisis around the world have pushed back the launches of Surface Neo and other dual-screen PCs....
  5. Microsoft confirms second search bug in a row in Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms second search bug in a row in Windows 10 1903: It took Microsoft just one day to acknowledge an issue related to the Start Menu and Windows Desktop Search in Windows 10 version 1903 caused by the recently released cumulative update KB4515384. The company released the monthly cumulative update for the operating system on...
  6. Microsoft confirms installation issues in Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms installation issues in Windows 10 updates: Microsoft has finally confirmed that the Windows 10’s August cumulative update is failing to install on some PCs with May 2019 Update. The cumulative update in question is KB4512508, which was released on Tuesday with a number of security fixes for core Microsoft services,...
  7. Microsoft Confirms New Windows 10 Build Coming This Month

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms New Windows 10 Build Coming This Month: Microsoft rolled out Windows 10 Technical Preview build 9926 a couple of weeks ago with quite a lot of improvements, including a working version of Cortana and a revamped version of the Start menu, but it turns out that the company is already planning a brand new release for...
  8. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 will come to small ARM...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 will come to small ARM...: Microsoft showed its plans for Windows 10 across a wide range of devices this week, but notably absent from its discussions was talk of the new operating system on ARM tablets. According to the company, it still plans to support ARM devices, but with some conditions....
  9. Windows 10 Redstone: Second wave of updates coming in 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone: Second wave of updates coming in 2017: We already know that Redstone will launch in two waves, the first of which will be happening in June. This first update is being developed under the tag RS1, and according to my sources will focus mostly on the convergence of different Windows 10 devices such as PC, Xbox and...
  10. Microsoft's Home Hub, coming to Windows 10 PCs next year

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's Home Hub, coming to Windows 10 PCs next year: Microsoft's connected home ambitions with Home Hub lay far beyond just competing with Amazon and Google. Rumors regarding a new Windows 10 feature called "Home Hub" have been making the rounds on the internet recently. At first, it was thought that Home Hub would be some...