Windows 10: Microsoft confirms that the latest Windows 11 update has a bug related to the Task Manager

Discus and support Microsoft confirms that the latest Windows 11 update has a bug related to the Task Manager in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released the KB5020044 update to Windows 11 22H2 users yesterday. While it may have fixed issues related to gaming, the cumulative preview... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Dec 1, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft confirms that the latest Windows 11 update has a bug related to the Task Manager

Microsoft released the KB5020044 update to Windows 11 22H2 users yesterday. While it may have fixed issues related to gaming, the cumulative preview update has a new bug that affects the Task Manager.

Microsoft confirms that the latest Windows 11 update has a bug related to the Task Manager Microsoft-confirms-that-the-latest-Windows-11-update-has-a-bug-related-to-the-Task-Manager.jpg

Windows 11 Task Manager bug may result in unreadable text

The Silicon Valley giant has published an advisory on its support portal which states that the UI of Task Manager might not work correctly in some scenarios. According to the description of the issue, some visual elements in the Task Manager's interface might be displayed in unexpected colors. This will in turn cause the text in the tool's interface to be unreadable in Windows 11 22H2.

The problem only affects users who have set their Windows color scheme to custom. If you are using the Dark or Light theme, you won't run into this issue. I installed the KB5020044 update on my computer yesterday, but could not replicate the bug when I changed the theme to a custom color.

Workaround for Task Manager bug in Windows 11 22H2

The issue's status says that it has been mitigated. The Redmond company is advising users who are affected by the bug to go to the Settings > Personalization page, and change the Colors option to either the Dark or Light theme. So you may want to try that as a temporary workaround, while we wait for a proper fix to be delivered. Microsoft says that is working on a solution for the Task Manager bug, and that it will be patched in a future update. The next Patch Tuesday Update is set to roll out on December 13th, Neowin suggests that we may see a fix by then.

We have seen this issue somewhere else, haven't we? You're right, interestingly, the same bug is also present in the Dev Channel build of the Windows Insider Preview Program. The issue surfaced in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25247, which the company released a few weeks ago. For context, this bug has not been fixed even in the latest update, Windows 11 Build 25252 that was rolled out a couple of days ago. In their defense, Microsoft employees were on holiday during the Thanksgiving weekend recently, so it is understandable why the bug has not been patched in the Dev Channel yet.

However, it is quite surprising that a bug that was introduced in the experimental channel of the operating system has actually made its way to the stable version. This reflects rather poorly on the quality checks run by the software mogul.

This is just one of many such issues that users have encountered in Windows 11 22H2. As I mentioned last week, there have been problems related to Windows Hello, Direct Access, Printing, and Remote Desktop. The bug that affects the file copying performance is yet to be patched in the main channel, though a preview of the fix was made available in Build 25252. It remains to be seen whether it solved the issue for all users.

Have you updated to KB5020044 yet? Does your Task Manager work correctly with the custom color mode?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft confirms that the latest Windows 11 update has a bug related to the Task Manager appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Dec 1, 2022
  2. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Confirms DirectX 11 to Accompany Windows 7

Microsoft's Ben Basaric, product marketing manager for Windows products, confirmed to PC Games Hardware that the next major update to the DirectX API, DirectX 11 would accompany Windows 7, the next major consumer operating system software by Microsoft. This, overwriting his own statement given to the website earlier that he wasn't sure if DirectX 11 would be ready to ship with the OS upon its launch. Furthermore, he also indicated that Windows Vista will have access to the updated API, although not sure at what point in time.

Source: PCGH

btarunr, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Microsoft Confirms Windows, Office 6-Month Update Cycle

Microsoft has been steadily increasing stability, features and, the company hopes, attractiveness of its latest Windows 10 operating system. Recently, its Creator's Update has brought, among other features, a performance-boosting Game Mode, a 3D version of the popular and (respectably ancient) Paint app, as well as increased privacy control, something users clamored for. Now, the Redmond company has confirmed that it's looking towards a six month update cycle for Windows 10 (thus aligning it with Office 365 ProPlus), looking to streamline and increase predictability of its support.

Microsoft released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update in August 2016, and the Creators Update made its public debut on April 11 2017, which is already close to the six-month update cycle the company is now confirming (seven months, in this case.) Now the company has confirmed that it plans to release its next step on the Windows 10 operating system on September 2017. From then on, updates should arrive in a steady cadence, on every subsequent March and September. Each Windows 10 feature release will be serviced and supported for 18 months, as is currently the case, and the company has also added that its System Center Configuration Manager will support this new aligned update model for Office 365 ProPlus and Windows 10, "making both easier to deploy and keep up to date."

Microsoft confirms that the latest Windows 11 update has a bug related to the Task Manager 9e115beeb143_thm.jpg

Microsoft confirms that the latest Windows 11 update has a bug related to the Task Manager 8565e55b8bba_thm.jpg

Source: Blogs.Windows.com, Tom's Hardware

Raevenlord, Dec 1, 2022
  4. Microsoft confirms that the latest Windows 11 update has a bug related to the Task Manager

Microsoft Edge / DUI70.DLL causes Task Manager to crash.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the latest Microsoft Edge.
    2. Open Task Manager with "performance" (or any other than "processes") as default tab.
    3. Wait a few seconds.
    4. Switch to "processes" tab.
    After switched to "processes" tab, there's a small change Task Manager will crash (0xC0000005, faulting module: DUI70.DLL).

So I decided to use WinDbg and caught the crash into a MiniDump:

MiniDump: OneDrive

Hope you guys will fix bugs of Task Manager, it's very buggy. I encountered more crashes like 0xc0000409 NTDLL.DLL.

Redstone RedGreenBlue123, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft confirms that the latest Windows 11 update has a bug related to the Task Manager

1. Microsoft confirms that the latest Windows 11 update has a bug related to the Task Manager - Similar Threads - Microsoft confirms latest

2. Bug in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bug in Task Manager: https://reddit.com/link/uujpjz/video/f13k3c92us091/player submitted by /u/Masterix_cz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uujpjz/bug_in_task_manager/
  3. Task Manager Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Bug: Yeah so this new pre-realease is cool and all with ui being smooth, the OS running better, and all that. But Task Manager? Nah Task Manager broke. Anyways, any suggestions?...
  4. Task Manager Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Bug: Yeah so this new pre-realease is cool and all with ui being smooth, the OS running better, and all that. But Task Manager? Nah Task Manager broke. Anyways, any suggestions?...
  5. Latest Windows 10 update broke Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 update broke Task Manager.: Task Manager opens, but it's as though all the text except the tabs is in white and therefore invisible. The same is true of the Windows Update area - when click to uninstall updates, a window opens, but there's no text. Is there a fix?Every time there's an update, something...
  6. Microsoft confirms blurry taskbar bug in Windows 10’s latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms blurry taskbar bug in Windows 10’s latest update: As we reported recently, some users are encountering serious problems after applying Windows 10’s June 2021 cumulative update. According to various reports and our own testing, mandatory security update KB5003637 could break the taskbar icons. In some cases, users are also...
  7. Bugged Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bugged Task Manager: My laptop task manager is crashed. Whenever i open minecraft java and task manager my laptop goes blue screen of death. When i open task manager normally it freezes for a minute and then starts going normally.how can i fix this task manager bug?...
  8. Task Manager bug or virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager bug or virus?: So every single time i open my task manager, the cpu usage shows that its using 100-30% cpu but it will go back to normal (3-5%) in like 1 seconds is this a normal bug or do i have a virus? what should i do? Specs RTX 2080 i7 9700k 16gb ram ddr4 submitted by...
  9. Task Manager Bug

Task Manager Bug: If you press "Provide feedback" on any of the tasks, and then immediately close the task manager, it will freeze. Only way to close it is through another task manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-bug/86c0190e-c0b3-4eb1-9448-e4495473b11c
  10. Bug Report Task Manager

Bug Report Task Manager: This bug was introduced in Windows 1809 (Redstone 5 Oct 2018 Update). The Task Manager reports total CPU use correctly, as is confirmed by the Resource Monitor. The Resource Monitor reports CPU usage by individual apps correctly but the Task Manager does not. Instead the Task...