Windows 10: Microsoft confirms that Windows 10 upgrade will not be free after one

Discus and support Microsoft confirms that Windows 10 upgrade will not be free after one in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; just to add my own 2 cents about this, I have a legacy HP desktop in which Win 7 Pro x64 was pre-installed when purchased. I knew it would be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by swarfega, May 19, 2015.

1. Microsoft confirms that Windows 10 upgrade will not be free after one

just to add my own 2 cents about this, I have a legacy HP desktop in which Win 7 Pro x64 was pre-installed when purchased. I knew it would be a challenge for me to do any type of upgrade, so I have just been buying retail DVD's and doing clean installs for Win 8.1 x64. My question is this : Will retail DVD's be made at the same time this goes RTM? Or is MS in a bind and only releasing upgrades? Sorry for the newb question, but I'm pretty excited about Win 10 and always like new geeky stuff to work with. Thanks for listening. You guys rock!*Biggrin

Mindsnake2, May 19, 2015
  2. Mystere Win User

Why would this be "a challenge" to upgrade? I believe Win 7 can be ugraded from physical ISO media for free.

Mystere, May 19, 2015
  3. sorry, forgot to add that its only a challenge to me in getting the funds for the DVD itself (lol). I'm fairly competent and have no problems burning an ISO to disk. I just like the look and feel of an original retail DVD. Thanks for the reply.

Mindsnake2, May 19, 2015
  4. Microsoft confirms that Windows 10 upgrade will not be free after one

*Ditto and *Ditto

alphanumeric, May 19, 2015
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Ditto

6. groze Win User
    Actually you can do something about it, don't upgrade to windows 10 using a retail version. *Smile

groze, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft confirms that Windows 10 upgrade will not be free after one

1. Microsoft confirms that Windows 10 upgrade will not be free after one - Similar Threads - Microsoft confirms upgrade

2. Microsoft confirms Windows 11 is a free upgrade for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 11 is a free upgrade for Windows 10: Microsoft is making Windows 11 available as a free upgrade to all Windows 10 users. In theory, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users will also get the update for free if they upgrade to Windows 10. It’s not yet clear if there will be a direct update path to Windows 11...
  3. Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud PC upgrade

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud PC upgrade: Reports have suggested that Microsoft is secretly working on Cloud PC, a new service that will allow users to access desktop apps from any device within minutes. Windows 10 Cloud PC is expected to drop sometime between March and June 2021, and new exciting details...
  4. Formatting HDD with windows 10 after free upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Formatting HDD with windows 10 after free upgrade: I have to format laptop on which My original License was for Windows 7 and I upgraded it free for Windows 10 during Microsoft "Windows 10 Upgrade free" scheme. How I will Windows 10 on formatted Laptop with License?...
  5. Error msg: after Windows 10 free upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error msg: after Windows 10 free upgrade: Hi, After installing the free Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7, it comes up with the following blue screen error msg: Recovery - Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The operating system couldnt be loaded because the kernel is missing or contains errors....
  6. Upgrade free to windows 10

Upgrade free to windows 10: Whats better from windows 7 or 8 ? I have licences for both but didnt want to purchase a furthur third. 160219
  7. windows 10 free upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade: I did the windows 10 upgrade from windows 8.1 and I cant get it activated due to product key or digital license i dont think i ever got a digital license information email or anything where can i find the license information to activate the free upgraded windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 "Free upgrade" after hardware change?

Windows 10 "Free upgrade" after hardware change?: So, I am planning on buying a new hard drive for my computer, and since Windows 10's activation is based on hardware, will I still have the free upgrade? 48242
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade is not Free

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade is not Free: I have been using Windows 10 upgrade and having worked in IT support. I have been thinking about Microsoft and their motives. I decided to change my hard drive and Win 10 deactivated. I called MS and was told I had to reinstall qualifying product and do another upgrade. Soon...
  10. Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?

Is The Windows 10 Free Upgrade Still Free?: Hmm I firstly thought that free upgrade to windows 10 has end but now I see MS giving away windows 10 free again in this wsite?- Here 74024