Windows 10: Microsoft Confirms That Windows 9 Will Merge All Windows Versions

Discus and support Microsoft Confirms That Windows 9 Will Merge All Windows Versions in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is already working on Windows 9 and everyone knows that, especially because the company has already provided several hints that a new Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jul 22, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft Confirms That Windows 9 Will Merge All Windows Versions

More

labeeman, Jul 22, 2014
  2. LittleJay Win User

I will give the consumer preview a try, but I wonder if it will actually be worth buying the upgrade. Other than the addition of some sort of start menu, which I already have with Classic Shell, how much different will 9 actually be from 8.1. We shall see.

:)

LittleJay, Jul 22, 2014
  3. Photos app

Hi Dave,

I tried the following Windows Photo Viewer still exists in Windows 10.

Grab this file from DropBox, then right click it and choose 'Merge', then confirm the merge.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mk339up4k1uwi9w/Resto...

Then right click an image file and choose 'Open with' - choose another app

Choose Windows Photo Viewer. After that you can set Windows photo Viewer as your Default app for images. But cannot find "Merge" all I get is hoards of html (figures) all of which are headed Windows Photo Viewer.

As for Microsoft Photo app, yes I have that installed so at least I have something but is but is it as good as Widows Photo Viewer do you think?

Ron Binmore, Jul 22, 2014
  4. DaveM121 Win User

How to give a command on the prohibition of updating this particular driver creating problems?

If you are not running Windows 10 Home, you will have access to Group policy Editor -

Click HERE
    for a step-by-step on how to stop a particular device driver from updating

If you want to stop Windows Update from updating all drivers:

• Make sureyou can see file Extensions - In Windows File Explorer, on the View Ribbon, check the box marked 'File Name Extensions', close Windows File Explorer
    • On your Desktop, right click and select 'New' - Text Document
    • Paste the text below into the text file
    • Save the file as StopDriverUpdates.reg (make sure you replace the .txt file extension with .reg)
    • Right click the new file and select 'Merge', then confirm the merge

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate]

"ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate"=dword:00000001

DaveM121, Jul 22, 2014
  5. A Guy Win User
    There will be cookies *Biggrin

A Guy, Jul 22, 2014
  6. labeeman Win User
    But I like Cake.

labeeman, Jul 22, 2014
  7. A Guy Win User
    The cake is a lie *Sad

A Guy, Jul 22, 2014
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

. . .Cherry Pie. . .*Thumbs

9. LittleJay Win User
    Hopefully with 9 we can have our cake and eat it too. *Biggrin

LittleJay, Jul 23, 2014
  10. PaulGo Win User
    As long as it has Windows 7 functionality for PC use and allowing legacy (Windows 7) programs to run I will be happy to buy it.

PaulGo, Jul 23, 2014
  11. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Sorry, but I going to say this again. . .I do not want to go backwards. Let see something new; not Windows 7 No Windows XP, etc., etc. The idea is to move forward not in reverse. . .*Biggrin

12. PaulGo Win User
    I wrote "Windows 7 fuctionality", that does not mean a Windows 7 clone. I don't mind change if it is an improvement. Windows 8 was not an improvement!

PaulGo, Jul 23, 2014
  13. Trust_No1 Win User

When they say merge, if one has listened closely, is that they will all be built from the same Windows NT core. Which means almost all prior versions 98, XP, 2000, Vista, 7 and 8 were built using variants of the NT core. But now, there will still be different versions but they are to have the same NT core. At least that is my understanding.

So really the new core, I suspect, will have variations from of all the past models. Gee, my explanation almost sounds like double-speak.

Trust_No1, Jul 23, 2014
  14. labeeman Win User
  15. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Jul 23, 2014
Thema:

1. Microsoft Confirms That Windows 9 Will Merge All Windows Versions - Similar Threads - Microsoft Confirms Merge

2. Microsoft confirms Narrator issue in Windows 11 version 23H2

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Narrator issue in Windows 11 version 23H2: Windows 11 users who install the latest version of the operating system via ISO or media may not be able to start Narrator during installation. Microsoft confirmed the issue today on a support site that it uses to list known issues publicly. Narrator is a key accessibility...
  3. Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10 version 1803: Microsoft confirmed on November 8, 2018 that the option to set custom file associations is broken for some users on Windows 10 version 1803. The issue, first reported on November 5, 2018 by Chris Hoffman on How To Geek, prevents users and administrators from selecting custom...
  4. Windows 10240: how to confirm update version?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10240: how to confirm update version?: I still have an old install of the initial version 10240. I would like to confirm that the CU actually has updated it. 'winver' only reveals Version 10.0 (Build 10240). Where can I find the 'long' version like in 10240.17113 ? In the registry I found that string here:...
  5. Windows 9: Microsoft Accidentally Confirms Software Update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9: Microsoft Accidentally Confirms Software Update: [img] Microsoft is widely expected to take the wraps off its latest desktop software later this month but the company has accidentally leaked the logo and the fact it is on the way. Officially Microsoft has said nothing about the update to its desktop software, but...
  6. Windows 9 Might Be Microsoft’s Last Standalone Windows Version

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Might Be Microsoft’s Last Standalone Windows Version: Everybody knows that Microsoft is working on Windows 9 as we speak, but the company isn’t talking too much about this project, leaving room for interpretation as to whether specific features could be part of the operating system or not. But some interesting details about...
  7. Windows 9 to Merge Windows, Windows Phone Development Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 to Merge Windows, Windows Phone Development Mobile: According to a number of media reports that have emerged lately, Redmond is currently working on what could be a mix of the existing Windows Store and the Windows Phone Store, thus trying to address the lack of apps on the existing platforms. It turns out however that...
  8. Windows 10 “Version 1607” confirmed as Microsoft begins finalizing ...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 “Version 1607” confirmed as Microsoft begins finalizing ...: Windows 10 “Version 1607” confirmed as Microsoft begins finalizing Anniversary - Update The Final Countdown Begins [img] Microsoft is now in the final stages of development of its upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Microsoft has been very tight lipped on...
  9. Microsoft Official Confirms “Windows 10 Is the Last Version of Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Official Confirms “Windows 10 Is the Last Version of Windows: With Windows 10, Microsoft’s going to change pretty much everything about its Windows model, so in addition to offering the operating free of charge to previous Windows users and switching to a continuous update process rather than a monthly cycle, the company is also...
  10. Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor: Windows 9 is Microsoft’s next big project in the OS industry, with some people close to the development plans indicating that it’s very likely to debut in early 2015. But a new report released by Russian Windows leaker WZor and coming via myce.com claims that Windows 9 is...