Windows 10: Microsoft confirms the death of Internet Explorer

Discus and support Microsoft confirms the death of Internet Explorer in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has officially confirmed the impending retirement of its Internet Explorer web browser and its replacement with Project Spartan. Criss... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft confirms the death of Internet Explorer

Source: Microsoft confirms the death of Internet Explorer

:)

Brink, Mar 17, 2015
  2. Bilj Win User

Internet Explorer 11 on Microsoft 10

A previous questioner raised this query. The answer posted enabled me to confirm I have Internet Explorer 11 installed but I can't find it. Where do I find Internet Explorer 11 on my Microsoft 10 system? Thanks.

3. KB3163018 causing problems with Cisco CCX/Finesse web pages

Yes, this update is breaking the State of Texas TER web site for Death Certificates. It has something to do with the security update for Internet Explorer.

JohnOlavesen, Mar 17, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

It's about time.. MS needs a fresh and new browser and IE was just not cutting it anymore, IMO.

BunnyJ, Mar 17, 2015
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Ditto

6. rfruth Win User
    Come on Spartan do us proud

rfruth, Mar 17, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    I'll miss IE*cry. Spartan looks like Chrome, I already have that too, but.... Dammit I prefer IE!*Eek

Cliff S, Mar 17, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

This one threw me for a loop when it popped up!

Microsoft confirms the death of Internet Explorer [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 17, 2015
  9. BillyBob Win User
    Years ago IE was a bit crappy, but I can't see what's wrong with it now. I use Safari, Chrome, Firefox and IE and I really can't find a problem with IE.

BillyBob, Mar 17, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    Well, there are websites that don't work with IE and the developers are not going to do any work to fix the issues. I took a class that IE would not work with the coding/grading too.

BunnyJ, Mar 17, 2015
  11. groze Win User
    I am *Confused, how can they remove I.E. if IE is a part of the Operating systems Microsoft said it can't be done? I know a lot of software depends on I.E. being installed. Including some virus protection programs. I wonder how that going to work.

groze, Mar 17, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    @groze
    Do you really think that MS can't work that out?? Seriously??

From my understanding MS said that the user could/shouldn't remove IE from their systems and not that they couldn't. *Wink

BunnyJ, Mar 17, 2015
  13. groze Win User

BunnyJ

Did you read the case against Microsoft in Europe? I did. Microsoft told that removing IE would make the system unusable and said it was impossible to remove because it is now a part of the operating system. It was not just one article that said that, many articles said that. I wonder what European & U.S. regulators would say now.

groze, Mar 17, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    You're silly if you seriously think that MS doesn't know how to replace IE with something else to do the same thing. The thing MS said was that users shouldn't try to remove IE.. it never said or implied that they couldn't do that.. see the difference??

And you're confusing what happened with the court cases and what MS can do to replace IE. Really, if MS did drop IE and replaced it with Spartan is there any difference?? Not really.. it's the same situation and just a different browser.

Sorry, but your ranting is a bit silly at times. *Wink

BunnyJ, Mar 17, 2015
  15. ARC1020 Win User
    I don't think it's a bad idea re-branding Internet Explorer TBH.

I honestly don't care what browsers people use to browse the internet with, as it makes absolutely no difference to me. However I must admit it does get annoying hearing the same nonsense being rehashed about Internet Explorer all the time, as if it's still 2001 and everyone is using IE 6. Well, George W. Bush isn't the President of America, Jurassic Park 3 isn't raking it in at the Box Office and the iPod Music Player isn't the new 'in thing'. The same goes for talk about vulnerabilities, Chrome or Firefox are no less immune to vulnerabilities than Internet Explorer, they have vulnerabilities too, so I would love to know what these people are using to browse the internet with if they're immune from vulnerabilities? Some plain text browser akin to Notepad? Do they change browsers every single time a vulnerability is discovered? I'm genuinely curious...

Don't get me wrong, people bashing IE for a particular reason I'm all for, because that'll lead to changes, which will then lead to a better browser, and I do it myself. However the meaningless 'IE sux' stuff grates on you after a while. So hopefully by renaming IE it'll force people to back up their words with something more meaningful than pretending to be '1337' by rehashing comments that have been doing the rounds for nearly a decade and a half.

ARC1020, Mar 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft confirms the death of Internet Explorer - Similar Threads - Microsoft confirms death

2. Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer: What happen if I disable Internet explorer? Is my game and apps will have bad problem after I disable Internet explorer? I don't use Internet explorer. It is connected with Edge. I have chrome as my default browser....
  3. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  4. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  5. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 bug causes internet connectivity issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 bug causes internet connectivity issues: Windows 10 May 2020 Update has received fixes for major bugs in Microsoft’s monthly patches for July, but it looks like the update has yet another unpatched problem and it has been finally acknowledged by Microsoft. Microsoft has acknowledged that Windows 10 version 2004 is...
  6. internet explorer , not microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet explorer , not microsoft edge: hi all, I took my internet explorer off my task bar and now I cant use anything but Microsoft EDGE , which I hate. Can anyone tell me how I can get my old internet explorer search engine back? thanks james...
  7. How to enable confirm delete in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enable confirm delete in File Explorer: Version 1903 (OS build 18362.535) How do I enable "confirm delete" in File Explorer? I already have it enabled in the Recycle Bin, but prefer to have it enabled in File Explorer. Thanks. 147315
  8. Internet is not working in Microsoft edge, internet explorer, Microsoft store and cortana....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet is not working in Microsoft edge, internet explorer, Microsoft store and cortana....: I tried reset internet properties and Inplace Microsoft upgrade but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-is-not-working-in-microsoft-edge-internet/0297ef94-a40f-4378-baf1-cba90c6c75f5
  9. Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: I play a game that when I click on a link in the Chat it opens my browser and opens it directly to the link, but my Default browser is Microsoft Edge but, it always opens for me Internet Explorer 11. Can anyone help me in this please? 31738
  10. Microsoft Confirms File Explorer Overhaul, Could Arrive in Redstone

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms File Explorer Overhaul, Could Arrive in Redstone: Although no details have been provided, it’s expected that the upcoming File Explorer update could bring tabs and touch support, as these are two of the most requested features in the Windows 10 Feedback app at the moment. Tab support would allow users to work with multiple...