Windows 10: Microsoft confirms Windows 10 bug causes internet connectivity issues

Discus and support Microsoft confirms Windows 10 bug causes internet connectivity issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 May 2020 Update has received fixes for major bugs in Microsoft’s monthly patches for July, but it looks like the update has yet another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 18, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft confirms Windows 10 bug causes internet connectivity issues

Windows 10 May 2020 Update has received fixes for major bugs in Microsoft’s monthly patches for July, but it looks like the update has yet another unpatched problem and it has been finally acknowledged by Microsoft.

Microsoft has acknowledged that Windows 10 version 2004 is displaying false internet connection warnings for some PCs.

Users have been reporting that a dreaded yellow triangle would appear on the system tray annoyingly reporting that they have “No Internet Access”. The error will appear when your device is connected to the router correctly but it would seem like Windows 10 cannot connect to the internet.

“I’ve rebooted my laptop, reset the router and reinstalled the network wireless adaptor but still the same message,” one user noted, and others have also confirmed it.

While you’ll be able to browse the web in your browser, it appears that apps such as Spotify, Cortana, Microsoft Store and even Feedback Hub rely on the Windows 10’s internet status to reach the servers. In other words, Spotify and other apps may not work when you have the false internet connection warning.

There are reports dating back to when the Windows 10 May 2020 Update was available only to the testers in the Release Preview Ring, but those who have upgraded to May 2020 Update recently, have also found the warnings itself in their own testing.

We were able to reproduce the problem in one of our devices with Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 module and there appears to be a workaround.

How to fix “No internet connection” bug in Windows 10

To fix the no internet connection warning after upgrading to Windows 10 version 2004, follow these steps:

1. Open Windows Search.
    2. Look for ‘Registry Editor’.
      Microsoft confirms Windows 10 bug causes internet connectivity issues Open-Registry-Editor.jpg
    3. Navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet”
    4. Modify “EnableActiveProbing” and change the value from ‘0’ to ‘1’.
      Microsoft confirms Windows 10 bug causes internet connectivity issues EnableActiveProbing.jpg
    5. Click on ‘OK’.
    6. Close Registry Editor.
    7. Restart your computer.
    Microsoft acknowledges “No Internet Connection” warning

In a forum thread, Microsoft staff has now confirmed that there is a problem with the Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI) that sits in the taskbar or the system tray.

If you’re affected or when you get affected, you would see that the internet or Wi-Fi icon indicate that there is no internet connection available.

“Customers are reporting “no internet” access in the Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI) on Windows 10 2004 devices on devices that in fact can ping internet resources or browse web sites with internet browsers,” Microsoft’s contract worker noted in a forum thread.

The problem is being actively investigated by Microsoft and it will be resolved in a future cumulative update.

The post Microsoft confirms Windows 10 bug causes internet connectivity issues appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 18, 2020
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Microsoft confirms Windows 10 bug causes internet connectivity issues wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 bug causes internet connectivity issues

Internet issues with Windows 10

Hello Bryan,

We are sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft confirms Windows 10 bug causes internet connectivity issues

1. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 bug causes internet connectivity issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft confirms bug

2. Microsoft confirms Windows database connection issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows database connection issues: Microsoft confirmed that client and server versions of its Windows operating system are affected by a database connection issue. The issue affects Windows devices that have the latest updates, released on the November 2022 patch day, installed, according to Microsoft's...
  3. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 update bug causes boot issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 update bug causes boot issues: If your Windows 10 computer started rendering Blue Screen of Death when you run Check Disk command, don’t worry – you’ll be able to use your device properly again in the next 24 hours, according to Microsoft. Yesterday, we reported that some Windows 10 PCs are rendered a...
  4. Microsoft confirms undeletable ‘Windows.old’ folder bug on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms undeletable ‘Windows.old’ folder bug on Windows 10: When you apply Windows 10 feature updates or upgrade to a new version of the OS, Microsoft creates a folder called “Windows.old” to save a copy of the previous version for recovery purpose. If the update installation fails or Windows is unable to boot with Blue Screen error,...
  5. Internet Connection Sharing BUG in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection Sharing BUG in Windows 10: There must be a bug in the Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 10. Every time I start Windows, I must first disable the sharing click ok and then enable the sharing. Otherwise, the other computer connecting does not get an IP address via DHCP....
  6. Windows 10 bug that broke internet connectivity

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 bug that broke internet connectivity: I have updated to windows 10 version 1909. My Laptop broke internet connectivity frequently. Please advise resolving the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bug-that-broke-internet-connectivity/af463ed3-679a-4d72-b050-e8aa64a5b3f9
  7. Microsoft confirms latest Windows 10 update causes issues with certain games

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms latest Windows 10 update causes issues with certain games: Earlier this month, Microsoft released Windows 10 KB4482887 to fix Action Center bug, improve performance by enabling Retpoline on certain machines and address other problems. Yesterday, we discovered this Windows 10 cumulative update breaks down some games such as Destiny 2....
  8. Microsoft Windows Internet Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Windows Internet Connection Issues: I've been having this issue for months. My "Network Settings" page says I have no internet connection, but I am connected thru ethernet cable. I am able to access the web via Chrome and Firefox with no problems, but I cannot access the web using Edge. Because of this, I can't...
  9. Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms File Association bug in Windows 10: Microsoft’s latest cumulative update for Windows 10 has a bug that would break the file association feature in the operating system. The File Association bug prevents certain software from handling specific formats by default. For example, Microsoft Notepad or other Win32...
  10. Microsoft Confirms Desktop Screen Flashes Bug in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms Desktop Screen Flashes Bug in Windows 10: Microsoft Confirms Desktop Screen Flashes Bug in Windows 10, Offers Fix One of the many bugs found in Windows 10 is causing the desktop screen to flicker on and off and without an official workaround for Microsoft, users have tried nearly everything, especially because...