Windows 10: Microsoft confirms Windows 10 KB4515384 breaks Start menu

Discus and support Microsoft confirms Windows 10 KB4515384 breaks Start menu in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Start menu and Windows Search are two of the most important features that are bundled in Windows 10, but both fail to work on some PCs with Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 12, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft confirms Windows 10 KB4515384 breaks Start menu

Start menu and Windows Search are two of the most important features that are bundled in Windows 10, but both fail to work on some PCs with Windows 10 KB4515384.

Windows 10 KB4515384 was released on September 10 and the update is downloaded in the background automatically. Start menu and Windows Search issues were first reported on Tuesday itself and Microsoft has just confirmed a bug hitting the two core features, but fix is not available yet.

According to various reports, Windows 10’s Start menu stops working with the following two errors:

• We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.
    • Critical Error – Your Start menu isn’t working.

On the other hand, Windows Search renders a blank screen for any searched query.

Microsoft is investigating these reports and more information on what went wrong will be published soon.

“Microsoft has received reports that some users are having issues related to the Start menu and Windows Desktop Search,” the company said. “We are presently investigating and will provide an update when more information is available”.

Users are also reporting audio issues after applying this cumulative update. Microsoft has yet to acknowledge the audio problems, but removing the patch or tweaking the audio settings apparently resolves the bug.

It’s also worth mentioning that this is the second Windows update in a row that broke features on May 2019 Update PCs, which is the most recent version of Windows 10. Last month, Microsoft pushed optional update KB4512941 with a bug that caused high CPU usage and problems with Cortana.

The post Microsoft confirms Windows 10 KB4515384 breaks Start menu appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 12, 2019
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 KB4515384 breaks Start menu - Similar Threads - Microsoft confirms KB4515384

2. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 issues with network, Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 issues with network, Start Menu tiles: Microsoft has confirmed two new bugs in Windows 10 and promised that it has already started working on a fix. As we recently reported, Windows 10 has got a nasty bug that’s disrupting the internet connection of some folks when users launch Microsoft Store apps or enable VPN...
  3. KB4515384 completely breaks my system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KB4515384 completely breaks my system: I have successfully avoided the curse of the broken Windows 10 update since 2015 across my own systems and those I'm responsible for at work. Unfortunately, KB4515384 seems to be the end of my lucky run on my main desktop at least - although I haven't had any issues with it...
  4. Windows 10 KB4515384 is now breaking network adapters

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4515384 is now breaking network adapters: Windows 10 KB4515384 is the latest cumulative update that Microsoft released on September 10 with a fix for high CPU usage bug and multiple vulnerabilities. Microsoft initially stated that the cumulative update comes without any known issues, but the company has now updated...
  5. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 KB4515384 breaks audio

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 KB4515384 breaks audio: After installing the Windows 10 KB4515384, users have been reporting that the update breaks down audio and reduces the quality when playing games. Microsoft has finally confirmed that it’s aware of reports the latest cumulative update might come with an issue where the audio...
  6. Windows 10 KB4515384 is breaking down core features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 KB4515384 is breaking down core features: “Your Start menu isn’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in,” a message titled ‘Critical error’ reads, and it includes a link to sign out. “I tried install KB4515384 on one of my workstation with no luck. Menu start stopped working with critical error and...
  7. Windows 10 KB4515384 is breaking down core features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4515384 is breaking down core features: Microsoft yesterday shipped Windows 10 KB4515384 with a number of security improvements and fix for Cortana’s high CPU usage bug. While Microsoft has managed to resolve the high CPU usage caused by Cortana, it looks like the update breaks down Windows Search once again. In...
  8. KB4515384 Windows 10 causes Critical error with Start Menu

in Cortana
    KB4515384 Windows 10 causes Critical error with Start Menu: Hi all, Today I installed KB4515384 which installs several security fixes plus an update for SearchUI.exe it seems. After reboot, the start menu fails with a critical error. I've uninstalled the update and the start menu seems to be ok now. Other computers at my...
  9. KB4515384 breaks Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    KB4515384 breaks Action Center: Hi, after installing KB4515384 my Action Center in Windows 10 can't be opened anymore - works again after removing todays update. Well, at least the CPU bug in Search is gone… Regards, Tom...
  10. Microsoft Confirms the Windows 10 Start Menu Is Getting New Features

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms the Windows 10 Start Menu Is Getting New Features: Third-party apps that bring back the Start menu on modern Windows and try to make the desktop a better world might not be needed anymore, as Microsoft is working to make the original Start menu powerful enough to be capable of addressing users’ needs with the default feature...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4515384 still show last logon

2. windows 10 start menu critical error kb4515384

3. kb4515384 widows 10 crash

4. kb4515384 crash,
  5. word crashing kb4515384,
  6. kb4515384 start menu