Windows 10: Microsoft confirms Windows 10 May 2020 Update issues

Discus and support Microsoft confirms Windows 10 May 2020 Update issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On May 27, 2020, Microsoft started rolling out Windows 10 May 2020 Update to the mainstream users. Anyone who manually checks for updates can now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 27, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft confirms Windows 10 May 2020 Update issues

On May 27, 2020, Microsoft started rolling out Windows 10 May 2020 Update to the mainstream users. Anyone who manually checks for updates can now upgrade their PC to Windows 10 version 2004.

Windows 10’s May 2020 Update (version 2004) has been in testing with Windows Insiders (a group of beta testers) for about 15 months. The first build was released in February 2019 and development process for the update ended back in December 2019.

Since December 2019, Microsoft has released several cumulative updates for Windows 10 version 2004 with numerous fixes, improvements, and tweaks, but no new features were added in the last five months.

One year of beta testing and five months of additional servicing should mean fewer bugs and improved experience for those who upgrade today, but Microsoft says that there are still a bunch of known issues in this feature update.

Known issues in Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004)

As of May 27, 2020, Microsoft is aware of at least ten known issues in Windows 10 version 2004. The company acknowledged the known issues with the feature update in multiple support documentations.

Bluetooth connectivity issue

Windows 10 May 2020 Update could prevent some users from connecting or pairing more than two Bluetooth devices at a time. This bug could also prevent you from using Bluetooth mouse, keyboard and headphones or other Bluetooth devices at the same time.

Microsoft is aware of the Bluetooth connectivity issues in some installations of Windows 10 with unknown versions of Realtek Bluetooth radios.

May 2020 Update has already been blocked on devices with problematic Bluetooth drivers and Microsoft warns that users should not force the update with the Media Creation Tool until this issue has been marked resolved.

Conexant ISST audio drivers

Microsoft also acknowledged a new known issue with Conexant ISST audio drivers.

According to the tech giant, incompatibility issues with certain versions Synaptics’ Conexant ISST driver could prevent Windows 10 version 2004 update on affected machines.

The bug appears to be hitting audio drivers named “Conexant ISST Audio” and “Conexant HDAudio”.

Conexant audio drivers

Another bug with Conexant audio drivers might cause a Blue Screen of Death error after installing Windows 10 feature update.

ImeMode

Microsoft is aware of a bug where apps might have issues if they utilize the ImeMode property to control Input Method Editor.

Variable refresh rate

Windows 10 May 2020 Update could create trouble for you if have a monitor with Variable refresh rate (VRR) plugged into an Intel integrated graphics processing unit display adapter.

Microsoft says that Windows 10 will not enable the VRR for most games if you have VRR plugged into iGPU adapter.

Thunderbolt dock and BSOD

Microsoft warns that devices with a Thunderbolt dock may receive a Blue Screen of Death error when plugging in or unplugging the dock.

Unexpected restarts and shutdown

Windows 10 version 2004 could cause a random shutdown and restart on devices with a network adapter that supports “Always On, Always Connected” capability.

Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are also affected and Microsoft says it has already placed compatibility hold on these devices.

Mouse input

Apps and games using “GameInput Redistributable” might lose mouse input/support after upgrading to Windows 10 version 2004.

In other words, this nasty bug might prevent you from using your mouse to interact with certain apps.

Broken apps and drivers

Windows 10 May 2020 Update could also break apps and drivers with affected versions of aksfridge.sys or aksdf.sys. When Windows 10 detects aksfridge.sys or aksdf.sys, apps or drivers might fail to start if you install the feature update.

BSOD on older Nvidia drivers

Microsoft has also warned about system failures and Blue Screen of Deaths on PCs with Nvidia GPU driver version 358.00 after upgrading to version 2004.

A lot of these issues are pretty nasty. For example, you might have Bluetooth connectivity issues if you’ve got more than one device connected. Likewise, you could run into a Blue Screen of Death if you use affected audio drivers, older Nvidia GPU driver or when you unplug Thunderbolt dock.

Microsoft says the update won’t be offered on affected devices and you should not force it with Media Creation Tool.

The post Microsoft confirms Windows 10 May 2020 Update issues appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 27, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 27, 2020
  3. Microsoft Confirms Windows, Office 6-Month Update Cycle

Microsoft has been steadily increasing stability, features and, the company hopes, attractiveness of its latest Windows 10 operating system. Recently, its Creator's Update has brought, among other features, a performance-boosting Game Mode, a 3D version of the popular and (respectably ancient) Paint app, as well as increased privacy control, something users clamored for. Now, the Redmond company has confirmed that it's looking towards a six month update cycle for Windows 10 (thus aligning it with Office 365 ProPlus), looking to streamline and increase predictability of its support.

Microsoft released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update in August 2016, and the Creators Update made its public debut on April 11 2017, which is already close to the six-month update cycle the company is now confirming (seven months, in this case.) Now the company has confirmed that it plans to release its next step on the Windows 10 operating system on September 2017. From then on, updates should arrive in a steady cadence, on every subsequent March and September. Each Windows 10 feature release will be serviced and supported for 18 months, as is currently the case, and the company has also added that its System Center Configuration Manager will support this new aligned update model for Office 365 ProPlus and Windows 10, "making both easier to deploy and keep up to date."

Microsoft confirms Windows 10 May 2020 Update issues 9e115beeb143_thm.jpg

Microsoft confirms Windows 10 May 2020 Update issues 8565e55b8bba_thm.jpg

Source: Blogs.Windows.com, Tom's Hardware

Raevenlord, May 27, 2020
  4. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 May 2020 Update issues

Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft confirms Windows 10 May 2020 Update issues

1. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 May 2020 Update issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft confirms May

2. Microsoft confirms issues in Windows 11 KB5026372 May 2023 update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms issues in Windows 11 KB5026372 May 2023 update: Windows 10, which used to be quite stable, has become increasingly problematic after the Creators Update was released in 2018. These issues have persisted in its successor, Windows 11. In recent times, Windows 11 has been plagued by many bugs, causing inconvenience and...
  3. Windows 10 May 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 May 2020 update: My laptop keeps showing me the notification "Your version of Windows 10 will reach the end of service soon. Click to download a newer version of Windows 10 to stay updated". But, there is no update available it just says "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once...
  4. 10 May 2020 Update

10 May 2020 Update: Has anyone installed 10 May 2020 Update on Asus Zenbook UX303 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/10-may-2020-update/232d21d3-fd44-4018-b46b-9b6b79ed36dc
  5. Microsoft is fixing major issues in Windows 10 May 2020 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is fixing major issues in Windows 10 May 2020 Update: Earlier this year, Windows 10’s May 2020 Update arrived with plenty of important improvements and a few new features like Cloud Recovery. With May 2020 Update, Microsoft added support for better memory management in Windows Search and Display Driver Model (WDDM). As many PCs...
  6. Windows 10 , may 2020 update

Windows 10 , may 2020 update: Is it safe to install may 2020 update of windows 10. I have not installed it even after getting the update notification since last 9-10 days as i have seen various articles related to this update and all pf them said that this update has several bugs and not to install....
  7. Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update: I'm trying to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update, but I heard that Microsoft has blocked the update! Why is that? When will they resume the rollout of the Windows 10 May 2020 Update? I'm not getting any error messages.....
  8. Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update: Hi all, I've been trying to update Windows 10 to its latest version through Windows Update but I couldn't so I searched how to do that on Youtube and in the video they recommended to go to this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 So my...
  9. Windows 10 May 2020 update Microsoft Edge issue

Windows 10 May 2020 update Microsoft Edge issue: Hi there, After installing Windows 10 May 2020 update, Microsoft Edge is not working. Tried reinstalling edge 3 times, still no luck. Google Chrome is working fine. All I can see is this image. Thanks for you help! [ATTACH]...
  10. Microsoft Windows Update for May 2020

Microsoft Windows Update for May 2020: In light of COVID-19 will there be any extension or continued support regarding updating to newer versions of Windows? People are stressed enough as it is without having to worry about bugs and scammers etc....