Windows 10: Microsoft confirms Windows 11 Remote Desktop issue

Discus and support Microsoft confirms Windows 11 Remote Desktop issue in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft confirmed a remote desktop issue that is affecting the company's latest operating system, Windows 11 version 22H2, today. The issue affects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 23, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft confirms Windows 11 Remote Desktop issue

Microsoft confirmed a remote desktop issue that is affecting the company's latest operating system, Windows 11 version 22H2, today. The issue affects devices running the Windows 11 2022 Update, but not devices that run the original release version of the Windows 11 operating system nor earlier versions of Windows.

Microsoft confirms Windows 11 Remote Desktop issue windows-11-remote-desktop-issue-process.png

After installing Windows 11, version 22H2 (also called Windows 11 2022 Update), the Windows Remote Desktop application might stop responding when connecting via a Remote Desktop gateway or Remote Desktop Connection Broker, Microsoft says in the known issues report on the Windows Release Health website.

Devices that connect to a Remote Desktop Services collection, using methods such as RemoteApp or Desktop Connections, may be affected by the issue according to Microsoft's bug report.

The Redmond company reveals that the issue won't affect most Home users of Windows, as the affected connection processes are not the default when using the Windows Remote Desktop application.

Windows 11 version 22H2 users may notice the issue during the client's "loading virtual machine" or "configuring remote connection" steps of the connection process. The operating system that the remote computer users appears irrelevant to the issue in question. Microsoft notes that some users may get the error message "Your Remote Desktop Services session has ended", but this is not always the case.

The Remote Desktop application may become unresponsive in the process. Users may use the Windows Task Manager to terminate the process.

1. Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open the Windows Task Manager on the affected device.
    2. Switch to the Details tab.
    3. Locate the process mstsc.exe
    4. Right-click on the process name and select the End Task option.

Microsoft published a workaround that resolves the issue on devices using a Group Policy. The workaround disables UDP on the client; this may, in some cases, reduce the connection quality so that users may experience poor performance.

Microsoft confirms Windows 11 Remote Desktop issue turn-off-udp-on-client.png

Note: the Group Policy Editor is only available in Professional versions of Windows, not in Windows 11 Home.

1. Open the Group Policy Management Console (for managed devices, e.g., Enterprise and organization devices) or the Group Policy Editor on unmanaged devices. The latter can be opened by selecting Start, typing Group Policy and selecting the Edit Group Policy item from the results.
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Connection Client.
    3. Double-click on "Turn Off UDP On Client".
    4. Set the policy to Enabled in the window that opens.
    5. Select OK to close the window again.
    6. Restart the device.

Microsoft is working on a resolution at the time of writing.

Now You: do you use Remote Desktop on Windows?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft confirms Windows 11 Remote Desktop issue appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 23, 2022

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 23, 2022
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you further with the issue could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What is the Make and Model of your Computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    There's a Remote Desktop App available in Windows 10. Follow the steps below to find it:

• Click the Search Bar which is in the Task Bar.
    • Type in Remote Desktop App .
    • Once it pops up click on it and follow the on screen instructions to use it.

If you're facing issues with the app downloaded form the Windows Store I suggest you to run the Windows 10 App troubleshooter and check if this helps. Refer to the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Nov 23, 2022
  4. Jane_Ward Win User

Remote Desktop Connection stuck on "configuring remote session" on Windows 11 only

Hi,

I'm having an issue where Remote Desktop Connection is stuck on the message "Configuring remote session."

I have not had this issue with this remote desktop on Windows 10 or running Microsoft Remote Desktop on MacOS, so I'm not sure what the issue in Windows 11 could be. I tried to open this same desktop using Microsoft Remote Desktop, but am kicked out with an error saying that I have initiated a remote connection elsewhere (even though this is not the case).

My IT department seems to suggest that RDC just won't work with Windows 11, but I have a hard time believing that is the case since Remote Desktop Connection was preinstalled on this system. Thanks in advance for any potential solutions.

Jane_Ward, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft confirms Windows 11 Remote Desktop issue - Similar Threads - Microsoft confirms Remote

2. Windows 11 with remote desktop gesture issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 with remote desktop gesture issue: Hello,I work on a laptop with touchpad with windows 11 pro by connecting to a computer with standard keyboard + mouse through windows remote desktop.When I use gesture i.e swipping 3 finger up on my laptop while being in fullscreen on remote desktop, it triggers the gesture...
  3. Windows 11 with remote desktop gesture issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 with remote desktop gesture issue: Hello,I work on a laptop with touchpad with windows 11 pro by connecting to a computer with standard keyboard + mouse through windows remote desktop.When I use gesture i.e swipping 3 finger up on my laptop while being in fullscreen on remote desktop, it triggers the gesture...
  4. Windows 11 KB5018427 issues with remote desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 KB5018427 issues with remote desktop: Anyone having issues with remote desktop on Windows 11 Update KB5018427?Users that update to Windows 11 KB5018427 are unable to remote desktop into our gateway. This only affects users on Windows 11. Windows 10 users are able to remote into the system just fine. When the...
  5. Windows 11 KB5018427 issues with remote desktop

Windows 11 KB5018427 issues with remote desktop: Anyone having issues with remote desktop on Windows 11 Update KB5018427?Users that update to Windows 11 KB5018427 are unable to remote desktop into our gateway. This only affects users on Windows 11. Windows 10 users are able to remote into the system just fine. When the...
  6. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 desktop and taskbar issue

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 desktop and taskbar issue: Microsoft confirmed another issue affecting its Windows 10 operating system. This one may affect the appearance of the desktop or the taskbar on the Windows 10 device. [ATTACH] According to Microsoft, it may happen that either disappears momentarily or that the device may...
  7. Microsoft confirms Windows 11 Printer issue

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 11 Printer issue: Microsoft confirmed a new Windows 11 issue that is affecting some printers on the operating system. The issue is serious, and Microsoft has applied a safeguard hold on updates to Windows 11 version 22H2 for devices that are potentially affected by the issue. [ATTACH]...
  8. UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11: I'm setting up some Windows 11 PC's and have run into an issue with UAC and Remote Desktop. When logged in locally as a Standard User the regular UAC prompt comes up allowing an Administrator approval. When logged in via Remote Desktop the UAC pop-up does not allow...
  9. UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11

UAC issue - Remote Desktop Windows 11: I'm setting up some Windows 11 PC's and have run into an issue with UAC and Remote Desktop. When logged in locally as a Standard User the regular UAC prompt comes up allowing an Administrator approval. When logged in via Remote Desktop the UAC pop-up does not allow...
  10. Windows Remote Desktop Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Remote Desktop Issue: I seem to be having a issue with Windows firewall. I have narrowed it down to Windows firewall being the culprit, because if I disable it I'm able to make a successful connection but as soon as I turn it on I am unable to do so. I have searched the issue on the Internet and...