Windows 10: Microsoft content restrictions web

Discus and support Microsoft content restrictions web in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello i am setting up my sons laptop. And the content restrictions for web browsing the setting is on and it seems to block literally everything.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by marymorton2, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Microsoft content restrictions web

Hello

i am setting up my sons laptop. And the content restrictions for web browsing
    the setting is on and it seems to block literally everything. And even when i give permission each time as safe it blocks the next tome.
    what am i missing ?
    thanks in advance

:)

marymorton2, Oct 2, 2019
  2. johnkwon1 Win User

Microsoft Family shared content restriction

I've tried to search for this subject, but was unable to find any meaningful information.

I have four children setup and for the web browsing content restriction, we have it setup that they are only allowed access to websites listed in the "Only Allowed" list (whitelist). What I would like to do is manage one list for all my children. Is there
    a way to share the "Only Allowed" list among other children in the family?

johnkwon1, Oct 2, 2019
  3. johnkwon1 Win User
    Microsoft Family shared content restriction

Thanks for the response, but this has nothing to do with what I'm asking. I know how to set content restriction for each of my children, but it becomes tedious for me to have to maintain 4 different content restriction "Only Allowed" list when that list
    will be the same for all 4 children. Is there a way to share that list or export/import the list among the children within the family?

johnkwon1, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Microsoft content restrictions web

Content restrictions on Microsoft Family

I have a family account set up for my 8yr old child. I have his content restrictions set at 8yrs old. I would like to grant him access to Netflix without me having to give permission because apparently netflix is rated above my childs content restriction....

Within the account there is the ability to control what websites to enter, but I can't seem to find a field to allow my son's access to Netlifx without raising his 'age' content restrictions. I note that netflix itself has content restrictions already in
    place so I am not concerned about my son having access.

Anyone who can help?

[Moderator Note: Changed title from Xbox One content restrictions]

Jonathan de Bruyn, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft content restrictions web

1. Microsoft content restrictions web - Similar Threads - Microsoft content restrictions

2. Content Keeper Restrictions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Content Keeper Restrictions: I'm using a Chromebook that has CKauthenticator and I need to bypass it to get crosh and developer mode and other things like that. Please Help!
  3. Web Browsing Content Restriction

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Web Browsing Content Restriction: How do I allow all pages from a web page like Wikipedia.org. I assumed wikipedia.org or wikipedia.org* would work but that only allows access to wikipedia home page, not https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson...
  4. content restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    content restrictions: Hello. I just want to know how to filter inappropriate content for all windows users, including the adults/organizers. In the family safety, the organizer can assign content restrictions to the members, but not to herself/himself. I want all the users, children/members and...
  5. Microsoft family content restrictions

Microsoft family content restrictions: I've set my son up with a child's account and only want to allow him access to certain websites. I inputted all the web addresses but when he tries to access a video on the website for his homework it says that he needs to ask for permission. How can I override this to...
  6. Saving web content

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving web content: How do I save a web page as a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-web-content/607aac3f-4add-43f6-b930-cc60adbdc167
  7. screen limit & content restrictions

screen limit & content restrictions: it appears that the family->child->Content Restrictions blocks use of google chrome browser when enabled for any age group. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-limit-content-restrictions/4c407d53-57be-414c-b5d8-a772911a8b84
  8. Microsoft Family content restrictions not updating

Microsoft Family content restrictions not updating: Hi, I have as parent added a few websites to the 'Always blocked' list on the 'content restriction' section of my Microsoft Family account. This only seem to apply to the computer where I edited the online 'content restrictions' list. On other computers, where I have...
  9. Content Restriction Subsites

Content Restriction Subsites: Is there a way to add subsites as allowed pages on Family content restrictions? For example, my kids use Study Island for school. I've added the URL for the login screen, as well as studyisland.com. They can log into the site, but none of the content will load and they...
  10. Microsoft Family shared content restriction

Microsoft Family shared content restriction: I've tried to search for this subject, but was unable to find any meaningful information. I have four children setup and for the web browsing content restriction, we have it setup that they are only allowed access to websites listed in the "Only Allowed" list (whitelist)....