Windows 10: Microsoft Context Menu "New" option is acting slow

Discus and support Microsoft Context Menu "New" option is acting slow in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, I had this issue for a while now, and I was wondering if something was corrupted in the registry files. Also, this is not about the WHOLE Context... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShayIsNear, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Microsoft Context Menu "New" option is acting slow

So, I had this issue for a while now, and I was wondering if something was corrupted in the registry files.

Also, this is not about the WHOLE Context Menu being slow, it's this one option named "New" that is taking a lot of time to load, and I was wondering if there is a fix for this.

:)

ShayIsNear, Jan 6, 2020

2. Problem with New Context Menu

The option to add a new Rich Text File seems to have disappeared from my Context Menu and I'm not sure why.

I'm not computer savvy, but after a bit of Googling I read how you can add and delete options from the New Context Menu though the Registry Editor. When I went to check it the .rtf folder under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT still has it's ShellNew folder so I'm not
    sure what the issue is or if perhaps there's something wrong with it. I also found a tool to easily enable/disable file types on the New Context Menu, and .rtf is listed along with everything else and checked off as "enabled" but for some reason is not showing
    up, even after I tried disabling and enabling it a couple of times. This is extremely frustrating as that's the file type I use the most.

Any suggestions as to what the problem is or how to fix it?

MadeOfKittens, Jan 6, 2020
  3. change the right click "new" context menu options

How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Right click on the desktop and a menu pops up offering to "view > ", or " sort by >" and so forth. Under right click "new > " after "folder" and "shortcut" are a list
    of totally useless (to me) choices for a new Microsoft word document or data base document or a number of other Microsoft apps that I do not have or use. How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Thank you

dubiousbanks, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Microsoft Context Menu "New" option is acting slow

Slow Context New Submenu in Windows 10

A slow right-click is caused by context menu handlers. See here: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm

This article will show you how to disable "context menu" handlers step-by-step. In so doing, you'll be able to see which handler would be caused slow menu.

user1004024, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Context Menu "New" option is acting slow

1. Microsoft Context Menu "New" option is acting slow - Similar Threads - Microsoft Context Menu

2. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  3. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  4. New context menu at desktop missing options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New context menu at desktop missing options: right click desktop context menu New is missing options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-context-menu-at-desktop-missing-options/962bad6a-a3b9-4c2a-bef3-2517df5b7e8e
  5. New context menu at desktop missing options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New context menu at desktop missing options: right click desktop context menu New is missing options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-context-menu-at-desktop-missing-options/962bad6a-a3b9-4c2a-bef3-2517df5b7e8e
  6. New context menu at desktop missing options

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 Context Menu Missing New -> New Folder Option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Context Menu Missing New -> New Folder Option: My context menu New -> New Folder option is missing along with a bunch of other standard options like Text Files. https://i.imgur.com/p74OMj0.png I googled and tried a bunch of solutions online and the only solution I got was to add New to...
  8. Context Menu is slow and irritating.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Context Menu is slow and irritating.: Hello, I am Aryesh and I have a problem with my windows 10 context menu. Right click context menu actually. When I right click a folder or a notepad document, app shortcut, etc. There is a little busy cursor for some time and then the context menu appears. Any suggestions? I...
  9. Selected filename in new menu option in Windows Explorer Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Selected filename in new menu option in Windows Explorer Context Menu: It's possible to add a new menu option to Windows Explorer Context Menu with the first selected filename in menu text? Example: right click on "file.txt" file must show a menuitem called "Open filename.txt with MyProgram"...
  10. change the right click "new" context menu options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change the right click "new" context menu options: How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Right click on the desktop and a menu pops up offering to "view > ", or " sort by >" and so forth. Under right click "new > " after "folder" and "shortcut" are a list of totally useless...