Windows 10: Microsoft Context Menu "New" option is acting slow

Discus and support Microsoft Context Menu "New" option is acting slow in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, I had this issue for a while now, and I was wondering if something was corrupted in the registry files. Also, this is not about the WHOLE Context... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShayIsNear, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Microsoft Context Menu "New" option is acting slow

So, I had this issue for a while now, and I was wondering if something was corrupted in the registry files.

Also, this is not about the WHOLE Context Menu being slow, it's this one option named "New" that is taking a lot of time to load, and I was wondering if there is a fix for this.

:)

ShayIsNear, Jan 6, 2020

2. Problem with New Context Menu

The option to add a new Rich Text File seems to have disappeared from my Context Menu and I'm not sure why.

I'm not computer savvy, but after a bit of Googling I read how you can add and delete options from the New Context Menu though the Registry Editor. When I went to check it the .rtf folder under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT still has it's ShellNew folder so I'm not
    sure what the issue is or if perhaps there's something wrong with it. I also found a tool to easily enable/disable file types on the New Context Menu, and .rtf is listed along with everything else and checked off as "enabled" but for some reason is not showing
    up, even after I tried disabling and enabling it a couple of times. This is extremely frustrating as that's the file type I use the most.

Any suggestions as to what the problem is or how to fix it?

MadeOfKittens, Jan 6, 2020
  3. change the right click "new" context menu options

How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Right click on the desktop and a menu pops up offering to "view > ", or " sort by >" and so forth. Under right click "new > " after "folder" and "shortcut" are a list
    of totally useless (to me) choices for a new Microsoft word document or data base document or a number of other Microsoft apps that I do not have or use. How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Thank you

dubiousbanks, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Microsoft Context Menu "New" option is acting slow

Slow Context New Submenu in Windows 10

A slow right-click is caused by context menu handlers. See here: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm

This article will show you how to disable "context menu" handlers step-by-step. In so doing, you'll be able to see which handler would be caused slow menu.

user1004024, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Context Menu "New" option is acting slow

1. Microsoft Context Menu "New" option is acting slow - Similar Threads - Microsoft Context Menu

2. Losing most context menu options?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Losing most context menu options?: This has stumped me for a while. Dell Precision M4800. 16GB, 2TB Samsung SSD. Win10 fully updated. All Dell updates too. Once in a while most of the context menu options disappear. Double-clicking a folder won't open it, it'll run VLC instead. This is sometimes followed by...
  3. Selected filename in new menu option in Windows Explorer Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Selected filename in new menu option in Windows Explorer Context Menu: It's possible to add a new menu option to Windows Explorer Context Menu with the first selected filename in menu text? Example: right click on "file.txt" file must show a menuitem called "Open filename.txt with MyProgram"...
  4. context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option

context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option: context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu-is-missing-the-open-option/0d7c340c-17ef-4b71-893c-e6da8327f7e2
  5. Context Menu Very, Very Slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Context Menu Very, Very Slow: so i just did an in-place upgrade that resolved pretty much all of the issues i was having, but unfortunately the context menu is now extremely slow. let me rephrase that, it's lightning quick when on the desktop or certain files (.dll for example), in fact it couldn't be...
  6. Microsoft removes context menu options on Edge for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft removes context menu options on Edge for Windows 10: Google recently started work on refining the context menus in Chrome browser to get rid of the clutter and redundancy. Google experimented with refined context menus in Google Chrome Canary, and Microsoft is now also bringing Google’s proposed changes to the Edge browser....
  7. New option (Menu item) is missing in context menu (Desktop or Windows Explorer).

New option (Menu item) is missing in context menu (Desktop or Windows Explorer).: When I right mouse click in windows 10 the context menu is missing new file folder option ***Modified Title from: When I right mouse click in Windows 10 the context menu is missing new filefolder***...
  8. change the right click "new" context menu options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change the right click "new" context menu options: How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Right click on the desktop and a menu pops up offering to "view > ", or " sort by >" and so forth. Under right click "new > " after "folder" and "shortcut" are a list of totally useless...
  9. Context menu--->"New" option causes Explorer.exe to refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu--->"New" option causes Explorer.exe to refresh: Hey all, When I right click on either the desktop or in a folder and place the mouse pointer over the option "New" it causes Explorer.exe to refresh. The same issue also occurs if I actually click on "New". Googled around to no avail. Rather Bizarre. Currently...
  10. "Open With" context Menu slow to load

in Windows 10 Support
    "Open With" context Menu slow to load: Hi all, so when i right click on the file and point to the "open with" menu, it should show the list of programs that the file could be opened. Every time after a restart the "open with" menu would take like 3 seconds to load, and after that first load, it would show the...