Windows 10: Microsoft Corporation.exe consuming 1,000 MB of memory and also consuming my disk space. Is...

Discus and support Microsoft Corporation.exe consuming 1,000 MB of memory and also consuming my disk space. Is... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, when I downloaded a very suspicious installer and installed something, it added a file named Microsoft Corporation.exe in the Programs folder... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rian Licup, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Microsoft Corporation.exe consuming 1,000 MB of memory and also consuming my disk space. Is...

Hello, when I downloaded a very suspicious installer and installed something, it added a file named Microsoft Corporation.exe in the Programs folder the folder where the shortcuts are stored, which consumed about a quarter of my memory, and almost consumed my disk space. Is it really made by Microsoft or is it just a virus? When I scanned it through VirusTotal, about half of antiviruses detected it as a Trojan or malware. I later deleted it since I don't want it to consume my memory and disk space again. Sorry if I posted this in a different topic or something.

:)

Rian Licup, Jul 28, 2020

2. Something is consuming up all my disk space...

Hi Muhammad,

Unnecessary files may consume all your disk space. To help you resolve your concern, kindly follow these steps:

• Delete unnecessary files.
    • Delete the data in the Recycle Bin.
    • Perform a clean boot. It helps eliminate software conflicts. You may refer to this

link
    • Use Disk Cleanup tool. Please check this
      link
    • Add more storage by using external drives and OneDrive.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Null Win User
    System and compressed memory consuming my disk

Whenever i start my PC, this task consumes 100% of my disk as shown in the picture below.

Microsoft Corporation.exe consuming 1,000 MB of memory and also consuming my disk space. Is... EkBxi.png

Could anyone help me avoid this?

My PC Specifications:

• Disk: 500GB
    • RAM: 20GB
    • Processor: Core(TM) i5

4. tjt263 Win User

Microsoft Corporation.exe consuming 1,000 MB of memory and also consuming my disk space. Is...

What would cause a Windows VM to consume native host disk space?

So, I've got a Windows10 virtual machine running on macOS via VMware Fusion.

• It's just the common, freely available Windows development VM.
    • It's been allocated a significant portion of the hosts disk space in the form of it's own virtual HDD.
    • Because of that, there's only about 50GB storage remaining, in total.
    • The virtual HDD is permitted to expand if necessary.

The problem is:

• Just running the VM seems to gradually consume significant additional disk space.
    • Within a few hours, the entire disk can be full. Even though I'm not actively storing or downloading anything.
    • I get that virtual memory occupies disk space, but it seems to be rapidly consuming massive amounts.
    • In the end, the hardware gets hot, the fans run loud, and eventually the whole system becomes inoperable.

After rebooting, or simply killing the VM (when possible), homeostasis seems to return. What gives?

tjt263, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Corporation.exe consuming 1,000 MB of memory and also consuming my disk space. Is...

1. Microsoft Corporation.exe consuming 1,000 MB of memory and also consuming my disk space. Is... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Corporation exe

2. ‘LocalserviceNoNetworkFirewall’ consumes high memory 600 MB memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ‘LocalserviceNoNetworkFirewall’ consumes high memory 600 MB memory: for some strange reason, ‘LocalserviceNoNetworkFirewall’ consumes high memory and is causing issues with starting of credential manager service. any reason why this is taking so much memory? this also causes issues with start button being disabled, cannot start credential...
  3. ‘LocalserviceNoNetworkFirewall’ consumes high memory 600 MB memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ‘LocalserviceNoNetworkFirewall’ consumes high memory 600 MB memory: for some strange reason, ‘LocalserviceNoNetworkFirewall’ consumes high memory and is causing issues with starting of credential manager service. any reason why this is taking so much memory? this also causes issues with start button being disabled, cannot start credential...
  4. ‘LocalserviceNoNetworkFirewall’ consumes high memory 600 MB memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Antimalware & Sysmain consuming my memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware & Sysmain consuming my memory: Two days ago my computer became very sluggish I open task manager and see antimalware service executable and sysmain are using a lot of my memory. These were not normal numbers. I haven't downloaded anything or gone to shady sites. The only kind of new thing was play some...
  6. Antimalware & Sysmain consuming my memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware & Sysmain consuming my memory: Two days ago my computer became very sluggish I open task manager and see antimalware service executable and sysmain are using a lot of my memory. These were not normal numbers. I haven't downloaded anything or gone to shady sites. The only kind of new thing was play some...
  7. Antimalware & Sysmain consuming my memory

8. COM Surrogate consumes a lot of CPU, Memory and Disk Space

COM Surrogate consumes a lot of CPU, Memory and Disk Space: Hello, Whenever I turned on my laptop COM Surrogate start to consume huge number of RAM, Memory and Disk Space - [ATTACH] Then If I click on the COM Surrogate and then click End Task then it behaves normally. [ATTACH] And after some time 3-5 min of ending this task...
  9. Twice Disk space consumed on copy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Twice Disk space consumed on copy: In the last few days maybe weeks I'm experiencing the following phenomenon: On a disk formatted to NTFS and set to be compressed I did not try it on uncompressed disks, Copying any file will reduce disk space available by twice the file size. On restart, this space appears...
  10. "System and Compressed Memory" consuming 1-3GB of RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "System and Compressed Memory" consuming 1-3GB of RAM: Yo! Installed Win10 yesterday for free, everything went without a hitch that day. Today after rebooting and having installed new updates, I fire up World of Warcraft and after a minute of playing I get a freeze for 20 seconds, followed by an error message from Windows that...