Windows 10: Microsoft Cortana

Discus and support Microsoft Cortana in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Co. I use Cortana and I like this assistant.But I have a problem.In old version, when I said "Cortana, shut down this Pc", this command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ares Meliksetyan, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Microsoft Cortana

Hello Microsoft Co.
    I use Cortana and I like this assistant.But I have a problem.In old version, when I said "Cortana, shut down this Pc", this command worked, but in Windows 20H2 it isn't work.Please, fix it. Microsoft Cortana 9df938f6-1d6b-43dd-ba5a-6e4d97ee046b?upload=true.png

:)

Ares Meliksetyan, Aug 9, 2020

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 9, 2020
  3. No Cortana Icon on Microsoft Edge

Hi Praveen,

It is possible that the Show search and site suggestions as I type option in Microsoft Edge isn't enabled which explains why the Cortana icon is not visible. To check, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the Menu button (...).
    • Click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge
      option.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Show search and site suggestions as I type option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

Microsoft Cortana

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Cortana

1. Microsoft Cortana - Similar Threads - Microsoft Cortana

2. I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar: In an update, I could not type anywhere, period, but using search and indexing fixed the problem enough to allow me to type in everything except for Microsoft apps. I cannot install apps because I cannot use the Microsoft Store. I also cannot type into the dialog box...
  3. I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar

in Cortana
    I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar: In an update, I could not type anywhere, period, but using search and indexing fixed the problem enough to allow me to type in everything except for Microsoft apps. I cannot install apps because I cannot use the Microsoft Store.Here are all of the "solutions" I have tried...
  4. I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar: In an update, I could not type anywhere, period, but using search and indexing fixed the problem enough to allow me to type in everything except for Microsoft apps. I cannot install apps because I cannot use the Microsoft Store.Here are all of the "solutions" I have tried...
  5. I cant can't any microsoft appmicrosoft store , cortana etc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cant can't any microsoft appmicrosoft store , cortana etc: I can't open any microsoft app and it doesnt even let me sing in . I tried ws reset to fix microsoft store but it didnt work it said windows cannot find 'ms-windows-store:PurgeCaches'.Make sure you typed the name correctly,and then try againAnd when opening most of the apps...
  6. I cant can't any microsoft appmicrosoft store , cortana etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant can't any microsoft appmicrosoft store , cortana etc: I can't open any microsoft app and it doesnt even let me sing in . I tried ws reset to fix microsoft store but it didnt work it said windows cannot find 'ms-windows-store:PurgeCaches'.Make sure you typed the name correctly,and then try againAnd when opening most of the apps...
  7. I cant can't any microsoft appmicrosoft store , cortana etc

8. Microsoft deprecates the Windows Cortana app

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft deprecates the Windows Cortana app: If you are one of the few Windows users who is using the Cortana standalone application for Windows, you will soon no longer be able to do so. A recent update of the Cortana application in the latest Windows 11 Insider build ends Cortana's short reign on Windows. Instead of...
  9. Can't sign into Cortana with either Microsoft or Local Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into Cortana with either Microsoft or Local Account: After trying to Log In to Cortana with my Microsoft Account, I get this message.We're Having Trouble Signing You InTry AgainSign In With Different AccountHere is a list of the things I have tried.* I have created new Local Account in Settings/Accounts and tried logging into...
  10. Can't sign into Cortana with either Microsoft or Local Account

Can't sign into Cortana with either Microsoft or Local Account: After trying to Log In to Cortana with my Microsoft Account, I get this message.We're Having Trouble Signing You InTry AgainSign In With Different AccountHere is a list of the things I have tried.* I have created new Local Account in Settings/Accounts and tried logging into...