Windows 10: Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows”

Discus and support Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows” in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 9 is already on the radar, and Microsoft could introduce the very first beta of this operating system later this month, but it appears that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 4, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows”

More

:)

labeeman, Sep 4, 2014
  2. TaSac Win User

Lumia 620 sw update

I want to ask can lumia 620 update to windows 8.5 and 9 when they will be launch?

TaSac, Sep 4, 2014
  3. GusHughes Win User
    rome total war

Eeshwar, this doesn't work, unfortunately. The game will launch to a black screen and will, when you alt-tab or switch apps, display a specific error message stating that the game could not find Direct X 9.

This is the common error for all those talking about these games not running under Windows 10 - the game requires Direct X 9.

I thought DX11 was backward compatible, but apparently not! Happens for both Rome: Total War and Alexander: Total War.

This using an HP Envy, Windows 10 with all the latest drivers.

GusHughes, Sep 4, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I for one can't wait for all of the speculation to END!!

*Confused

BunnyJ, Sep 4, 2014
  5. z3r010 Win User
    Given that Microsoft have a bad habit of giving new products the name of existing but different products that they already have (outlook & Surface come to mind) I'm thinking they will call it Windows XP.

z3r010, Sep 4, 2014
  6. labeeman Win User
    Yep that would give them 24% market share real quick. LOL

labeeman, Sep 4, 2014
  7. Gornot Win User
    I was kinda hoping, even back before 8, that MS would adopt an actual naming scheme.

"Vista" was the perfect name for that largely hated version of the OS, and 7 wasn't bad either, because there was so much hype and MS seemed to be very proud in the name... But Windows 8 just never sat right. Even if 9 becomes just "Windows"... that's kinda silly if you ask me.

And the more I think about it, the more "Windows Threshold" as the official OS name sounds pretty good. With so many different kinds of devices these days, being able to run Windows on all of them puts the core of the OS and its features (which would hopefully be pretty much the same across the ecosystem) at the threshold between different types of UI.

Does that make sense to anyone, or is it just me? xD

Gornot, Sep 4, 2014
  8. Chuck38 Win User

Source: Forget Windows 9 and Windows Phone: Will it all be called just plain 'Windows'? | PCWorld

-Chuck

Chuck38, Sep 5, 2014
  9. alex809 Win User
    Lol they better not just call it "Windows" if they do i can see this now.
    Walk into a store:
    clerk: Why hello how can i help you?
    Customer: Yeah i want to buy windows
    clerk: Will it be used on your Phone, Tablet, PC, (other devices here)
    customer: What's the difference
    clerk: well Windows will only run on each device if you buy the right copy
    customer: so how do i know which copy to buy if its all "Windows"
    clerk: I don't know

hahahahaha

alex809, Sep 5, 2014
  10. Trust_No1 Win User
    I really like this idea, they already have named it... Windows Threshold ... seems completely logical

Oh oh... would the name of this forum have to change then??

Trust_No1, Sep 6, 2014
  11. Morgan Win User
    I think the idea behind calling it just Windows was to put it on a subscription basis. If you're subscriber, version names lose their meaning, you always have the newest on anyway.

Morgan, Sep 6, 2014
  12. Windows....Windows? Seriously just name it Windows 9 or think about other names except Windows.

RoasterMen, Sep 6, 2014
  13. Chuck38 Win User

How about Windows Elite? That's got a nice ring to it, don't ya think?

Chuck38, Sep 6, 2014
  14. A Guy Win User
    Windows 9, we have this nice forum ready, John just bought a new honking server. It has to be Windows 9 *Wink

A Guy, Sep 6, 2014
  15. CountMike New Member
    Maybe "Not Windows 8" would be appropriate name.

CountMike, Sep 6, 2014
Thema:

1. Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows” - Similar Threads - Microsoft Launch “Windows”

2. DirectX 9 games no longer launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9 games no longer launching: As of the latest windows update in August 2021, most if not all DirectX 9 games such as source engine games e.g. portal, Garry's Mod, and portal 2 and A hat in time do not launch anymore. In terms of specs, my computer has an Intel i7 6700, 16GB of memory, and an NVIDIA GTX...
  3. Asphalt 9 wont launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asphalt 9 wont launch: I just downloaded asphalt 9 from the microsoft store and it wont launch. Here is what happened, after I downloaded the game I hit launch to launch it and It showed the Gameloft logo, after that the cursor changeas usual and the screen turned black and I heard music so I...
  4. Nahimic could not be launched.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nahimic could not be launched.: My laptop is MSI GF63 9SC. my all drivers are already up to date,I try multiple things like,- I reset nahimic app- uninstall and install the app - restart pc - delete nahimic Can anyone help me with this?...
  5. Windows 9 Details Could Be Unveiled in Early February

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Details Could Be Unveiled in Early February: Microsoft is expected to officially reveal the first details about Windows 9 at the BUILD 2014 developer conference in April, but it appears that some important leaks could take place a lot sooner. Famous Windows leaker WZOR hinted that new Windows 9 information could...
  6. Microsoft Hints the Next Windows 10 Build Could Launch on Tuesday

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Hints the Next Windows 10 Build Could Launch on Tuesday: A leaked version of build 10036 is already up for grabs Windows 10 build 10036 got leaked during the weekend, but Microsoft is still working to finalize work on another official version, and according to some hints coming from within the company, the next release is very...
  7. Could Windows 9 Finally Kill Windows 7?

in Windows 10 News
    Could Windows 9 Finally Kill Windows 7?: Windows 7 continues to be the world’s leading operating system on the desktop, and everyone expects it to be extremely difficult to kill, especially due to the growing market share that keeps it on the leading spot of all charts. And still, Windows 7’s market share [img]...
  8. Microsoft Launches First Windows 9 Support Forum

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Launches First Windows 9 Support Forum: The world is getting ready for the launch of Windows 9 preview, so Microsoft is now giving the last touches to the testing builds that shall be released to users in just a few days. As we’ve already told you in our previous coverage on the launch of Windows 9, the preview...
  9. Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor: Windows 9 is Microsoft’s next big project in the OS industry, with some people close to the development plans indicating that it’s very likely to debut in early 2015. But a new report released by Russian Windows leaker WZor and coming via myce.com claims that Windows 9 is...
  10. Windows 9 Could Launch with DirectX 12 – Report

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Could Launch with DirectX 12 – Report: Microsoft is getting ready to introduce a new DirectX version, as the company has recently launched a teaser indicating that the unveiling could take place at the Game Developer Conference on March 20. The teaser page published on the MSDN blogs also displays the logos of...