Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows”

Discus and support Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows” in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 9 is already on the radar, and Microsoft could introduce the very first beta of this operating system later this month, but it appears that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 4, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

More

:)

labeeman, Sep 4, 2014
  2. TaSac Win User

Lumia 620 sw update

I want to ask can lumia 620 update to windows 8.5 and 9 when they will be launch?

TaSac, Sep 4, 2014
  3. GusHughes Win User
    rome total war

Eeshwar, this doesn't work, unfortunately. The game will launch to a black screen and will, when you alt-tab or switch apps, display a specific error message stating that the game could not find Direct X 9.

This is the common error for all those talking about these games not running under Windows 10 - the game requires Direct X 9.

I thought DX11 was backward compatible, but apparently not! Happens for both Rome: Total War and Alexander: Total War.

This using an HP Envy, Windows 10 with all the latest drivers.

GusHughes, Sep 4, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I for one can't wait for all of the speculation to END!!

*Confused

BunnyJ, Sep 4, 2014
  5. z3r010 Win User
    Given that Microsoft have a bad habit of giving new products the name of existing but different products that they already have (outlook & Surface come to mind) I'm thinking they will call it Windows XP.

z3r010, Sep 4, 2014
  6. labeeman Win User
    Yep that would give them 24% market share real quick. LOL

labeeman, Sep 4, 2014
  7. Gornot Win User
    I was kinda hoping, even back before 8, that MS would adopt an actual naming scheme.

"Vista" was the perfect name for that largely hated version of the OS, and 7 wasn't bad either, because there was so much hype and MS seemed to be very proud in the name... But Windows 8 just never sat right. Even if 9 becomes just "Windows"... that's kinda silly if you ask me.

And the more I think about it, the more "Windows Threshold" as the official OS name sounds pretty good. With so many different kinds of devices these days, being able to run Windows on all of them puts the core of the OS and its features (which would hopefully be pretty much the same across the ecosystem) at the threshold between different types of UI.

Does that make sense to anyone, or is it just me? xD

Gornot, Sep 4, 2014
  8. Chuck38 Win User

Source: Forget Windows 9 and Windows Phone: Will it all be called just plain 'Windows'? | PCWorld

-Chuck

Chuck38, Sep 5, 2014
  9. alex809 Win User
    Lol they better not just call it "Windows" if they do i can see this now.
    Walk into a store:
    clerk: Why hello how can i help you?
    Customer: Yeah i want to buy windows
    clerk: Will it be used on your Phone, Tablet, PC, (other devices here)
    customer: What's the difference
    clerk: well Windows will only run on each device if you buy the right copy
    customer: so how do i know which copy to buy if its all "Windows"
    clerk: I don't know

hahahahaha

alex809, Sep 5, 2014
  10. Trust_No1 Win User
    I really like this idea, they already have named it... Windows Threshold ... seems completely logical

Oh oh... would the name of this forum have to change then??

Trust_No1, Sep 6, 2014
  11. Morgan Win User
    I think the idea behind calling it just Windows was to put it on a subscription basis. If you're subscriber, version names lose their meaning, you always have the newest on anyway.

Morgan, Sep 6, 2014
  12. RoasterMen Win User
    Windows....Windows? Seriously just name it Windows 9 or think about other names except Windows.

RoasterMen, Sep 6, 2014
  13. Chuck38 Win User

How about Windows Elite? That's got a nice ring to it, don't ya think?

Chuck38, Sep 6, 2014
  14. A Guy Win User
    Windows 9, we have this nice forum ready, John just bought a new honking server. It has to be Windows 9 *Wink

A Guy, Sep 6, 2014
  15. CountMike New Member
    Maybe "Not Windows 8" would be appropriate name.

CountMike, Sep 6, 2014
Thema:

1. Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows” - Similar Threads - Microsoft Launch “Windows”

2. Multiple instances of Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of Windows Explorer: Opened up task manager and saw that in the Processes tab, there were 41 instances of Windows Explorer running. I open WE frequently but only one or two at the same time and didn't have any open at that time. And it's not just a temporary thing, I have been checking...
  3. windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update: Windows 10(Enterprise) windows stuck at "Restarting..." for long after received microsoft update it's a desktop computer; and remote users connect to via remote desktop; however, every time after received Microsoft update, the system will stuck at "Restarting..." for...
  4. WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ERROR 0X80072EE7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ERROR 0X80072EE7: I am trying to update windows 10-1709 to Windows 10-1803. I am connected to the internet, but it returns with the following error: 0X80072EE7 . Please advise. Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  5. Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to...: Cannot uninstall or even open Whatsapp desktop. Windows 10 says that I don´t have rights to do it but I'm the admin. My laptop has only one user account and it´s the administrator, and I´ve installed whatsapp using this account, so I don't understand why I don't have the...
  6. Windows 10 will no longer let me print in Color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will no longer let me print in Color: I have tried the control panel > devices & printers > preferences route When I get to preferences, there is no color weather black & white, greyscale (monochrome) or color anywhere to be found!!! I ran a print test on the printer itself and it is working fine color and all....
  7. Roblox Player and Studio not running on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox Player and Studio not running on windows: I run a windows 10 and a windows 7 computer and when I downloaded the programs for ROBLOX and clicked the shortcuts, it said "The item 'RobloxPlayerLauncher.exe' that is this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly." and the...
  8. Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store: I cant install games on Microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_games/microsoft-store/195ecbc1-d36f-4802-a180-199b4b6cfbe8
  9. Windows 10 Mail and Teams Notifications - Fail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail and Teams Notifications - Fail: It all seemed to work for a while, in fact I have been using Teams since it first launched and never seen issues with notifications (if you set them the way you want), if a chat came in, it would always show up and then if you missed it the Teams icon would be highlighted to...
  10. Error code 0x80042405 - 0xAD01A every time I try to download windows 10 home onto a USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code 0x80042405 - 0xAD01A every time I try to download windows 10 home onto a USB: I'am trying to download windows 10 onto a flash drive to put onto another computer. The usb is clear and formatted but I get an error everytime its finished saying that there was a problem running this tool. PLEASE HELP!!!...