Windows 10: Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows”

Discus and support Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows” in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Lol they better not just call it "Windows" if they do i can see this now. Walk into a store: clerk: Why hello how can i help you? Customer: Yeah i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Gornot Win User

Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows”

You're missing the point here.

It's not about having the right copy of Windows for the right device, it's about having ONE version of Windows that runs on ALL devices. Completely different.

Gornot, Sep 6, 2014
  2. Rickkins Win User

So... they're gonna change the name of windows, to, windows.... bloody brilliant, why didn't I think of that....

What a pane...

Rickkins, Sep 6, 2014
  3. CountMike New Member
    Well, what else, I think "The Doors" has been taken.

CountMike, Sep 6, 2014
  4. Chuck38 Win User

Don't think "Walls" has been taken.

Chuck38, Sep 6, 2014
  5. adamf Win User
    WindoWall? Perhaps Windows-ill, Windowsill... Works with threshold.

adamf, Sep 6, 2014
  6. Chuck38 Win User
    Windowsill! I like that! Good one, adamf! *Smile

Chuck38, Sep 6, 2014
  7. Hm, no more Service Packs? Now no more version number? Just Windows . So now the only way to keep track of where your at is the kernel version number? I can't help but think this is just going to cause confusion down the road. If true that is.

alphanumeric, Sep 6, 2014
  8. CountMike New Member

Well, Brick wall is taken, by Pink Floyd. (Brick in the wall)

CountMike, Sep 6, 2014
  9. Rickkins Win User
    There's windowpane, but that harkens back to a distant past....*Drink1

Rickkins, Sep 7, 2014
  10. Chuck38 Win User
    How about we drop all of that and switch things up a bit. How about Bulletproof Windows! *Biggrin

Chuck38, Sep 7, 2014
  11. CountMike New Member
    Maybe they'll need it considering last two characters in your nick.

CountMike, Sep 7, 2014
  12. Windows followed by New Windows then Classic Windows ?
    Now where have I seen something like that before? *Think

alphanumeric, Sep 7, 2014
  13. Chuck38 Win User

I have another idea! iWindows!!

Chuck38, Sep 7, 2014
  14. LittleJay Win User
    LOL! I'll bet the folks at Apple would be real happy about that. *Biggrin

LittleJay, Sep 7, 2014
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    *Roflmao2
    I recall the disaster all too well.
    And I bet the people at Coke wish they never thought that one up!

Jeff.. *Wink

BunnyJ, Sep 7, 2014
Thema:

1. Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows” - Similar Threads - Microsoft Launch “Windows”

2. DirectX 9 games no longer launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9 games no longer launching: As of the latest windows update in August 2021, most if not all DirectX 9 games such as source engine games e.g. portal, Garry's Mod, and portal 2 and A hat in time do not launch anymore. In terms of specs, my computer has an Intel i7 6700, 16GB of memory, and an NVIDIA GTX...
  3. Asphalt 9 wont launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asphalt 9 wont launch: I just downloaded asphalt 9 from the microsoft store and it wont launch. Here is what happened, after I downloaded the game I hit launch to launch it and It showed the Gameloft logo, after that the cursor changeas usual and the screen turned black and I heard music so I...
  4. Nahimic could not be launched.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nahimic could not be launched.: My laptop is MSI GF63 9SC. my all drivers are already up to date,I try multiple things like,- I reset nahimic app- uninstall and install the app - restart pc - delete nahimic Can anyone help me with this?...
  5. Windows 9 Details Could Be Unveiled in Early February

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Details Could Be Unveiled in Early February: Microsoft is expected to officially reveal the first details about Windows 9 at the BUILD 2014 developer conference in April, but it appears that some important leaks could take place a lot sooner. Famous Windows leaker WZOR hinted that new Windows 9 information could...
  6. Microsoft Hints the Next Windows 10 Build Could Launch on Tuesday

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Hints the Next Windows 10 Build Could Launch on Tuesday: A leaked version of build 10036 is already up for grabs Windows 10 build 10036 got leaked during the weekend, but Microsoft is still working to finalize work on another official version, and according to some hints coming from within the company, the next release is very...
  7. Could Windows 9 Finally Kill Windows 7?

in Windows 10 News
    Could Windows 9 Finally Kill Windows 7?: Windows 7 continues to be the world’s leading operating system on the desktop, and everyone expects it to be extremely difficult to kill, especially due to the growing market share that keeps it on the leading spot of all charts. And still, Windows 7’s market share [img]...
  8. Microsoft Launches First Windows 9 Support Forum

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Launches First Windows 9 Support Forum: The world is getting ready for the launch of Windows 9 preview, so Microsoft is now giving the last touches to the testing builds that shall be released to users in just a few days. As we’ve already told you in our previous coverage on the launch of Windows 9, the preview...
  9. Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor: Windows 9 is Microsoft’s next big project in the OS industry, with some people close to the development plans indicating that it’s very likely to debut in early 2015. But a new report released by Russian Windows leaker WZor and coming via myce.com claims that Windows 9 is...
  10. Windows 9 Could Launch with DirectX 12 – Report

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Could Launch with DirectX 12 – Report: Microsoft is getting ready to introduce a new DirectX version, as the company has recently launched a teaser indicating that the unveiling could take place at the Game Developer Conference on March 20. The teaser page published on the MSDN blogs also displays the logos of...