Windows 10: Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows”

Discus and support Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows” in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Yep that would give them 24% market share real quick. LOL *Ditto Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Vladimir Win User

Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows”

*Ditto

Vladimir, Sep 15, 2014
  2. Clam Win User

This can't look more fake than it does. I mean, if it was real, don't you think Microsoft's main Twitter account would Tweet about this one? Also, there's nobody from MS on list of followers either, not to mention the fact this account barely has any followers and it's been active for a couple of days now. On top of all that, it doesn't have that blue checkmark which would prove it's official. So yeah, my hope that new Windows will be called just like that, Windows, is not dead yet! *Biggrin

3. Mystere Win User
    I always have to laugh at those "personal cloud" commercials... So you're really going to saturate your slow uplink? Most cable and dsl have 256Kbit uplink caps. Who wants to download your media at 256k?

The advantage of DropBox or OneDrive is that they have blazing fast bandwidth, so you get your data at the max speed your device can download it, not the max speed your home connection can upload it.

Mystere, Sep 16, 2014
  4. badrobot Win User

My download is 60MBps. Upload is 10MBps. Minimum. Who has 256k these days?

Who said I am sharing my cloud to the public? There's a reason why it's called personal cloud. I keep my own files on my own personal server. I didn't say I am sharing my files but I can if I want to. May Qnap NAS transcodes media files. You don't have to download the file. You can watch videos or listen to music via online streaming direct from my NAS. You have to have one to know what you are talking about.

Of course Dropbox or OneDrive needs "blazing fast" bandwidth They have millions of users. Just imagine the traffic. You may not be enjoying that blazing fast speed at all.

Snapshots from Windows Phone:

Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows” ymaqejav.png

Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows” suduvu2a.png

Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows” saza6y5e.png

Desktop web browser:

Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows” pane9u8e.jpg

badrobot, Sep 16, 2014
  5. Shhhh! Don't give Nadella any more ideas; he used to be in charge of cloud development.

Lady Fitzgerald, Sep 16, 2014
  6. There are ways to be safe in the cloud. My issue with it is most people don't have access to reliable, affordable, reasonably fast broadband internet. Many of those don't have internet access, period. Mobile internet is still slow and expensive. Cloud computing is simply not ready for prime time and won't be for many years (not that that will stop companies from diving into it head first).

7. That is true of all backup media. If one's data doesn't exist in three places, it's not safe (and two backups in the same place don't count, especially if kept near or, worse, continuously connected to the computer). A good (which leaves out freebies) cloud backup service is an easy way to maintain an up-to-date offsite backup as long as one also keeps an identical backup onsite.

Another excellent reason to have cloud backups. There are ways to ensure they are secure.

8. Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows”

Chromebooks are pretty much completely cloud based. Lose your connection and you are severely crippled.

9. Chuck38 Win User
    Well, just install Linux and you'll be fine. *Wink

But make sure you have an Intel processor before you try to install Linux.

Chuck38, Sep 16, 2014
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    I've used Linux Mint on an AMD CPU and it's works just fine.

BunnyJ, Sep 16, 2014
  11. Chuck38 Win User
    Yes, it will work fine on an AMD CPU, that's what I use. But on Chromebooks you can only choose from Intel and some Samsung thingy. I don't think they have put AMD in them yet. *Sad

Chuck38, Sep 17, 2014
  12. Petey7 Win User
    From what I hear, chromebooks are completely useless without internet connection. My point was just that, when people hear about using the cloud, they think chromebook. I think more like, how when I use a desktop at school, I can just log into outlook.com to access my onedrive files, and if the computer doesn't have a recent version of office, I can use the online version. I can then save the file, walk to my professor's office, pull up the document on my phone, and ask them a question about it. If I don't have an internet connection, I still have the file sync'd to my laptop, and OneDrive on iOS keeps a local version of last few documents you opened. I can't remember the exact number.

Of course, I could just do everything on my laptop, but its 17" laptop which is annoying to try to hold while pointing to something on the screen and talking to the professor. I also don't always want to carry it to school with me.

Petey7, Sep 17, 2014
  13. Chuck38 Win User

Ah, now I see your point. *Smile

However, I can pull up my OnDrive account on any computer via a web browser. All I have to do is sign in on the website.

Chuck38, Sep 17, 2014
  14. Petey7 Win User
    Yes, when I said by logging into outlook.com, I meant doing it in a web browser on the computer. I just typically log into my email, then use the link at the top of the page to go to my OneDrive, rather than directly to onedrive.live.com.

Right now I have somewhere around 170GB of stuff on there. I have a couple hundred GB of more stuff I am considering uploading as well (I have 1TB of space on there thanks to a Office 365 subscription).

Petey7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Could Launch Windows 9 as “Windows” - Similar Threads - Microsoft Launch “Windows”

2. DirectX 9 games no longer launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9 games no longer launching: As of the latest windows update in August 2021, most if not all DirectX 9 games such as source engine games e.g. portal, Garry's Mod, and portal 2 and A hat in time do not launch anymore. In terms of specs, my computer has an Intel i7 6700, 16GB of memory, and an NVIDIA GTX...
  3. Asphalt 9 wont launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asphalt 9 wont launch: I just downloaded asphalt 9 from the microsoft store and it wont launch. Here is what happened, after I downloaded the game I hit launch to launch it and It showed the Gameloft logo, after that the cursor changeas usual and the screen turned black and I heard music so I...
  4. Nahimic could not be launched.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nahimic could not be launched.: My laptop is MSI GF63 9SC. my all drivers are already up to date,I try multiple things like,- I reset nahimic app- uninstall and install the app - restart pc - delete nahimic Can anyone help me with this?...
  5. Windows 9 Details Could Be Unveiled in Early February

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Details Could Be Unveiled in Early February: Microsoft is expected to officially reveal the first details about Windows 9 at the BUILD 2014 developer conference in April, but it appears that some important leaks could take place a lot sooner. Famous Windows leaker WZOR hinted that new Windows 9 information could...
  6. Microsoft Hints the Next Windows 10 Build Could Launch on Tuesday

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Hints the Next Windows 10 Build Could Launch on Tuesday: A leaked version of build 10036 is already up for grabs Windows 10 build 10036 got leaked during the weekend, but Microsoft is still working to finalize work on another official version, and according to some hints coming from within the company, the next release is very...
  7. Could Windows 9 Finally Kill Windows 7?

in Windows 10 News
    Could Windows 9 Finally Kill Windows 7?: Windows 7 continues to be the world’s leading operating system on the desktop, and everyone expects it to be extremely difficult to kill, especially due to the growing market share that keeps it on the leading spot of all charts. And still, Windows 7’s market share [img]...
  8. Microsoft Launches First Windows 9 Support Forum

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Launches First Windows 9 Support Forum: The world is getting ready for the launch of Windows 9 preview, so Microsoft is now giving the last touches to the testing builds that shall be released to users in just a few days. As we’ve already told you in our previous coverage on the launch of Windows 9, the preview...
  9. Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor: Windows 9 is Microsoft’s next big project in the OS industry, with some people close to the development plans indicating that it’s very likely to debut in early 2015. But a new report released by Russian Windows leaker WZor and coming via myce.com claims that Windows 9 is...
  10. Windows 9 Could Launch with DirectX 12 – Report

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Could Launch with DirectX 12 – Report: Microsoft is getting ready to introduce a new DirectX version, as the company has recently launched a teaser indicating that the unveiling could take place at the Game Developer Conference on March 20. The teaser page published on the MSDN blogs also displays the logos of...