Windows 10: Microsoft D67-00001 Trackball: I need these back!!!

Discus and support Microsoft D67-00001 Trackball: I need these back!!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings all: Long ago, I think it was around the Paleoproterozoic era i believe, that I began with computers. Now, back then it was still a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BenRobberecht, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Microsoft D67-00001 Trackball: I need these back!!!

Greetings all:

Long ago, I think it was around the Paleoproterozoic era i believe, that I began with computers.

Now, back then it was still a 'normal' mouse, that is, a bulky, ball-driven, squarey ugliness that was a wee hard to slide.

Over time, the trackball got released, i jumped on the even then VERY early trackball train, and never left since.

I had quite a variety that I ran through, some i dumped due to uneasy, too small for my neanderthal hands, and others simply because I wore them out.

The best ever trackball, though, was the Microsoft D67-00001 Trackball.

But, Microsoft, for some illusive reason, figured to stop producing these, just like they figured it was an awesome idea to drop the taskbar in Win 8, and shove Metro-horror down our throats, and this while touchscreen was not a common thing.

It still is not, even...

They were thankfully bright enough to bring the taskbar back, albeit in a less powerful version, and therefor i came here with the request to fire up the Microsoft D67-00001 Trackball production again, and never EVER leave that train again in the future.

Now, sure, compared to 'normal mouse' users, there are only few trackball users, I do understand this, but to have us basically neutered for this?

Logitech released the M570 while back, and now the Ergo one, both sadly wireless.

I never quite got why wireless became a thing, since day one, and STILL today, i get issues with wireless.

For some reason, wireless seems to hate me.

Either the device is not properly lined up to the receiver, or there's a battery issue, or...

Nothing but issues.

I truly hope, Microsoft, that you will 'see the light', and bring the Microsoft D67-00001 Trackball back to the stores...
    Wired and wireless, or maybe a combined system so we can choose (micro-USB to USB) how to connect...

I for one REALLY miss this divine device...

Kindest regards:

Ben

:)

BenRobberecht, Dec 13, 2018

2. Need some opinions on a replacement Trackball Mice

Hi Everyone, I have used the Microsoft Trackball Explorer since it first hit the market, I've loved it because of it's large trackball and my big fat fingers work so well together, Microsoft discontinued the product and even though it can still be found on Amazon, I will not be paying over 600 for one ever.

The 2 that I own have been rebuilt, and rebuilt, and they have pretty much reached the end of the road, so I am looking for a new trackball mouse with a large trackball, I have other regular mice but I prefer the trackball as I like it stationary.

So I would like some suggestions from fellow trackball users of a good quality trackball with a large trackball, that you are personally using for gaming, please list the pros and cons or likes and dislikes of what you recommend?

Thank You! GM

GelatanousMuck, Dec 13, 2018
  3. 2wicked Win User
    Trackball mice

I have both of those and can say the TrackBall TrackMan Wheel is the better of the two you listed.

The marble trackball has no scroll wheel only two buttons to scroll with and only work if you have the logitech software installed and not recommended if you play any games.
    The trackman is a little to small for my hand, so if you have big hands it may be uncomfortable.

I have yet to find any thing that out does my microsoft trackball optical (discontinued).

2wicked, Dec 13, 2018
  4. JATownes Win User

Microsoft D67-00001 Trackball: I need these back!!!

Need some opinions on a replacement Trackball Mice

I've been using a Microsoft Trackball Optical (v1.0) for well over a decade, have gone through two and now they are getting harder to find in a good condition. You might try some of the Logitech trackballs, as have been suggested above, but most of the industry (especially the gaming industry) has completely ignored users who prefer trackballs, most likely due to it being such a small market.

What Happened to the Microsoft Trackball Opticals? - Trackballer

Where Have All the Trackballs Gone? - ExtremeTech

Good luck on your quest, but I'm afraid someday we'll all have to migrate to a mouse.

JATownes, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft D67-00001 Trackball: I need these back!!!

1. Microsoft D67-00001 Trackball: I need these back!!! - Similar Threads - Microsoft D67 00001

2. Microsoft Trackball Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Trackball Explorer: I am trying to get my Lenovo ThinkPad to work with my Trackball Explorer. I have recently retired and had to get a new laptop I purchased one the same as my previous that was working with the Trackball Explorer but cannot locate the drivers for use with the Trackball Explorer...
  3. Microsoft Trackball Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Trackball Explorer: I am trying to get my Lenovo ThinkPad to work with my Trackball Explorer. I have recently retired and had to get a new laptop I purchased one the same as my previous that was working with the Trackball Explorer but cannot locate the drivers for use with the Trackball Explorer...
  4. Microsoft Trackball Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Trackball Explorer

Microsoft Trackball Explorer: I really wish Microsoft would consider bringing back this product!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-trackball-explorer/18201582-78a8-4071-9e09-516ac99d5214
  6. Microsoft Trackball Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Trackball Explorer: I really wish Microsoft would consider bringing back this product!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-trackball-explorer/18201582-78a8-4071-9e09-516ac99d5214
  7. Microsoft Trackball Explorer

8. Microsoft Trackball Explorer v 1 usb

Microsoft Trackball Explorer v 1 usb: I have had my trackball explorer for almost 20 years love it to bits only replaced the ball bearings for ruby ones, and replaced the scroll switch.Up until yesterday when I accidentally installed clean copy of win 10 on my 20 years of Photos, Programs and Docs I usually don't...
  9. Trackball recommendation

Trackball recommendation: Sorry if this is an inappropriate place to post this but can anyone recommend a trackball that will actually last more than a few months? I've gone through a number of Logictech M570s and Kensington Orbit trackballs. I really like both of them while they're working but after...
  10. Microsoft Intellimouse Trackball drivers for windows 10?

Microsoft Intellimouse Trackball drivers for windows 10?: I do not know if there are drivers for the intellimouse trackball for windows 10 or where I can get drivers for it if there are any compatible with windows 10 and the trackball. I am using the latest version of Windows 10 and yes, it is plugged in....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trackman wheel discontinued