Windows 10: Microsoft Defender 805 308-7948 keeps taking over my computer, they are scammers, how do i...

Discus and support Microsoft Defender 805 308-7948 keeps taking over my computer, they are scammers, how do i... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; These scammers tried to get me once and failed but keep trying. I thought Microsoft protected me! They keep sending me messages that no viruses or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AprilRodriguez2, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Microsoft Defender 805 308-7948 keeps taking over my computer, they are scammers, how do i...

These scammers tried to get me once and failed but keep trying. I thought Microsoft protected me! They keep sending me messages that no viruses or threat were found and 3 minutes before my screen was pre-empted by "Microsoft Defender" same phone number every time. Why can't they be shut down if using same number over and over.

:)

AprilRodriguez2, Jan 18, 2022

2. Defender keeping from connecting to network computer

Hi,

I realize that Windows Defender is not letting you to connect the laptop to the desktop pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the laptop or the desktop prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the laptop as well as the desktop pc?

Suggest you to follow these steps on the laptop to check if that helps:

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Admin account to check if this helps.

Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Ensure to install any pending updates and also update all device drivers to check if this helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Once this is done you may also repeat the same steps on the desktop pc to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 18, 2022
  3. Microsoft scammers

Yes, that should be enough.

Probably you saw something similar to what is described here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-your-computer-has-been-locked-popup-scam

All these kind of pop ups are fake alerts. Your PC is NOT infected.

Do NOT call the phone-number which is displayed in that fake alert.

It leads to scammers who try to trick you into giving them access to your computer, to steal your passwords etc and to sell you their unneeded services etc.

Please carefully read the following article which explains in detail how to get rid of such pop ups and what to do if you keep on seeing them:

In addition suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Jan 18, 2022
  4. R-T-B Win User

Microsoft Defender 805 308-7948 keeps taking over my computer, they are scammers, how do i...

Better free alternative to microsoft defender?

Windows Defender, Bill?

Yeah. Same thing. Definitions to stay up to date on threats of course, but thats really just a list of tricks and signatures.

You don't have to be. You just have to be smart enough to break their shit. You can take it apart and reverse engineer it and marvel later (I was impressed by a clients just recently). It's not hard to be up to date enough to keep malware a.) mostly off your machine in the first place and b.) limit it's damage when it does appear to your machine via network and best practices.

Some may call my approach inconvienient, but it DOES work.

R-T-B, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Defender 805 308-7948 keeps taking over my computer, they are scammers, how do i...

1. Microsoft Defender 805 308-7948 keeps taking over my computer, they are scammers, how do i... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender 805

2. Microsoft Defender 805 308-7948 keeps taking over my computer, they are scammers, how do i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender 805 308-7948 keeps taking over my computer, they are scammers, how do i...: These scammers tried to get me once and failed but keep trying. I thought Microsoft protected me! They keep sending me messages that no viruses or threat were found and 3 minutes before my screen was pre-empted by "Microsoft Defender" same phone number every time. Why can't...
  3. Microsoft Defender 805 308-7948 keeps taking over my computer, they are scammers, how do i...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Defender 805 308-7948 keeps taking over my computer, they are scammers, how do i...: These scammers tried to get me once and failed but keep trying. I thought Microsoft protected me! They keep sending me messages that no viruses or threat were found and 3 minutes before my screen was pre-empted by "Microsoft Defender" same phone number every time. Why can't...
  4. Scammer called MSN virus alert take over a device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scammer called MSN virus alert take over a device: My daughters laptop received an MSN virus alert and started beeping today when she tried to access an online video for school. In the message there was a 'MSN' contact number which my wife telephoned. They accessed my daughters laptop before I cancelled it. Are we in any...
  5. How Do I Stop Windows 10 from Taking Over my Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How Do I Stop Windows 10 from Taking Over my Computer: Windows 10 will suddenly start using all resources available. I've at times had to put it to sleep or shut it off to make it stop. I just switched off automated updates trying to protect my computer from the near 100% resource use. It completely takes over. Going to Task...
  6. How do I know if someone is trying to take over my computer.

How do I know if someone is trying to take over my computer.: Lately when I have been working on it all of a sudden I don't have control of my mouse. It seems to just be going around and I can't get it to work. Also a square comes up in the middle of my screen with a lot of language I don't understand. I am not a technical person at...
  7. I'm tired of Microsoft taking over my computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm tired of Microsoft taking over my computer.: The second you do anything, ANYTHING. You delete a system file? You're DONE. For something YOU PAID FOR. Your system gets either remotely taken over or automated process destroy everything. Why am I seeing unicast on my android devices coming from my desktop while I cant...
  8. How to keep OneDrive from taking over

in Windows 10 Support
    How to keep OneDrive from taking over: I have just used a debloater script that uninstalled One Drive from my computer and in Win. 10 in the absence of One Drive, how would i prevent it from becoming the preferred way i save my documents or files or pics. or anything else that it seemed to store automatically?...
  9. Microsoft takes over my computer defaults everytime I sign on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft takes over my computer defaults everytime I sign on: We did all of the steps recommended on your website. Microsoft changes my pdf, default web browser, etc.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-takes-over-my-computer-defaults/dfc349a2-683d-4eba-870a-74de71d20fd2
  10. Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer

Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer: My dad was using my computer when he clicked a link, which caused a red screen to pop up with a phone number to call Microsoft, threatening saying your computer has been infected by a virus, etc. Typical scam. Well my dad actually did call and gave them remote access to...