Windows 10: Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on

Discus and support Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I go to check on the antivirus it show message as follow:So I went to "Manage provider" to see if my antivirus is turned of and it is. But the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by -Amagi-, Dec 31, 2021.

1. -Amagi- Win User

Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on

When I go to check on the antivirus it show message as follow:So I went to "Manage provider" to see if my antivirus is turned of and it is. But the problem here is that there is no option to turned it back on.

:)

-Amagi-, Dec 31, 2021
  2. zebal Win User

How to disable/turn off Microsoft Defender

To disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus follow bellow steps:

Turn On or Off Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

press: Windows key
    type: gpedit.msc
    right click on gpedit.msc and run as Administrator
    Expand and click on following node:
    Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Microsoft Defender Antivirus

On the right side double click on:
    Turn off Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Click on Enabled radio button and press OK
    reboot system for changes to take effect

zebal, Dec 31, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?

Hello, *Smile

If you are wanting to turn off Windows Defender Antivirus, then you could use an option in the updated tutorial below. Be sure to turn off Tamper Protection first in step 1.

Turn On or Off Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

Brink, Dec 31, 2021
  4. Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on

Shawn Brink, Dec 31, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on

1. Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender Antivirus

2. Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off: I don't have the option to enable Microsoft Defender Antivirus in my Windows Security settings.I've poked around on the internet and nothing has yielded results. I've gone through and given it a scan with Malwarebytes, made sure that security settings are enabled in the...
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off: I don't have the option to enable Microsoft Defender Antivirus in my Windows Security settings.I've poked around on the internet and nothing has yielded results. I've gone through and given it a scan with Malwarebytes, made sure that security settings are enabled in the...
  4. Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Cannot Connect For Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Cannot Connect For Updates: HelloI'm a 70 year old user and was using Microsoft Security Essentials in my older Desktop with W7 Pro. Now I have a new Desktop with Windows 10 Pro and its my understanding when I formatted, I also installed Microsoft Defender Antivirus? Correct? However during format I...
  6. Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on: When I go to check on the antivirus it show message as follow:So I went to "Manage provider" to see if my antivirus is turned of and it is. But the problem here is that there is no option to turned it back on....
  7. Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on: When I go to check on the antivirus it show message as follow:So I went to "Manage provider" to see if my antivirus is turned of and it is. But the problem here is that there is no option to turned it back on....
  8. cannot turn on Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot turn on Microsoft Defender Antivirus: i want to turn on the antivirus but my computer just won't let me do that.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-microsoft-defender-antivirus/08c3655c-1d3f-47af-bd41-c5903d8b4c00
  9. Cannot turn off Real-Time Protection in Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Cannot turn off Real-Time Protection in Microsoft Defender Antivirus: I am unable to turn off Real-time protection (or any other settings ie Cloud-delivered protection, Automatic sample submission, etc) in Microsoft Defender Antivirus. When I click the toggle button to turn it from On to Off, it quickly reverts back to the On position. The...
  10. I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus.

I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus.: I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. I entered the "Windows Key + R" (run program) keyboard shortcut. I entered "control" and pressed "Enter". I clicked on "System and Security". Then I clicked on "Security and maintenance". In the "Security and Maintenance" window,...