Windows 10: Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Cannot Connect For Updates

Discus and support Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Cannot Connect For Updates in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloI'm a 70 year old user and was using Microsoft Security Essentials in my older Desktop with W7 Pro. Now I have a new Desktop with Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Michael Johnson1, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Cannot Connect For Updates

HelloI'm a 70 year old user and was using Microsoft Security Essentials in my older Desktop with W7 Pro. Now I have a new Desktop with Windows 10 Pro and its my understanding when I formatted, I also installed Microsoft Defender Antivirus? Correct? However during format I wasn't connected to the internet and now when I try to update Microsoft Defender Antivirus I cannot connect ... Instead I get a prompt which says contact the IT Dept.???Its my understanding 'Microsoft Defender Antivirus' is the same as or replaced Microsoft Security Essentials? Correct? If so can someone help me connec

:)

Michael Johnson1, Jun 22, 2022
  2. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Jun 22, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?

Hello, *Smile

If you are wanting to turn off Windows Defender Antivirus, then you could use an option in the updated tutorial below. Be sure to turn off Tamper Protection first in step 1.

Turn On or Off Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

Brink, Jun 22, 2022
  4. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Cannot Connect For Updates

Defender AntiVirus

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this to Microsoft Community. Let's try to start Windows Defender services and see if it helps. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R key and type
      Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Cannot Connect For Updates [​IMG]
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for the service "Windows Defender".
    • Right click on "Windows Defender" and click Properties.
    • Click Start button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save changes.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Marvin Barc, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Cannot Connect For Updates

1. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Cannot Connect For Updates - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender Antivirus

2. Cannot update: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot update: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: HelloCould someone help when they have a moment? I'm not technically inclined, however, I follow instructions pretty well.I have Run the Troubleshooter, Restarted the Computer 64Bit, Downloaded mpam-fe.exe won't installRun this batch:cd %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender...
  3. Cannot update: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot update: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: HelloCould someone help when they have a moment? I'm not technically inclined, however, I follow instructions pretty well.I have Run the Troubleshooter, Restarted the Computer 64Bit, Downloaded mpam-fe.exe won't installRun this batch:cd %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender...
  4. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Cannot Connect For Updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Cannot Connect For Updates: HelloI'm a 70 year old user and was using Microsoft Security Essentials in my older Desktop with W7 Pro. Now I have a new Desktop with Windows 10 Pro and its my understanding when I formatted, I was also installing 'Microsoft Defender Antivirus' Windows Security? Correct?...
  5. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Cannot Connect For Updates

Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Cannot Connect For Updates: HelloI'm a 70 year old user and was using Microsoft Security Essentials in my older Desktop with W7 Pro. Now I have a new Desktop with Windows 10 Pro and its my understanding when I formatted, I also installed Microsoft Defender Antivirus? Correct? However during format I...
  6. Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on: When I go to check on the antivirus it show message as follow:So I went to "Manage provider" to see if my antivirus is turned of and it is. But the problem here is that there is no option to turned it back on....
  7. Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on

Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on: When I go to check on the antivirus it show message as follow:So I went to "Manage provider" to see if my antivirus is turned of and it is. But the problem here is that there is no option to turned it back on....
  8. Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Update Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus Update Problem: Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 version 1.331.2263.0. I have gotten this update everyday for at least two weeks now. I update it, then it says you're up to date - But then it comes up again the day after. I have no ideas what's going on and why this happens....
  10. cannot turn on Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot turn on Microsoft Defender Antivirus: i want to turn on the antivirus but my computer just won't let me do that.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-microsoft-defender-antivirus/08c3655c-1d3f-47af-bd41-c5903d8b4c00