Windows 10: Microsoft Defender Antivirus Exclusions

Discus and support Microsoft Defender Antivirus Exclusions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can anybody tell me why the exclusions are invisible here, despite the fact that I have added many folders and files.[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Amin Makhmudov, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Exclusions

Can anybody tell me why the exclusions are invisible here, despite the fact that I have added many folders and files. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Exclusions fdd54c78-b952-47d8-9e63-9162cac57a13?upload=true.jpg

:)

Amin Makhmudov, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Windows Defender Antivirus Scan exclusions

If there is anything in Windows Defender Exclusion list, then it won't be scan and if it is malicious program, it won't detect.

It is better to remove all programs from exclusion list (if you didn't add them) and run a full system scan with Windows Defender.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Microsoft Defender Antivirus Exclusions

Windows Defender ignoring exclusions

Hello JacenBoy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it feels when such Setting stop functioning. To have better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer?

Meanwhile, if you are on Windows 10 Pro build, you will be able to access Group Policy settings. To configure exclusions to a folder or a file, can be enabled through gpedit. To do that, you may follow the article on

Configure and validate exclusions based on file extension and folder location

We await your response.

Regards,

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Defender Antivirus Exclusions

1. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Exclusions - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender Antivirus

2. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus: With Microsoft Defender Antivirus does one require to install another virus protection software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-antivirus/4169bed0-cd0a-48f0-b76f-99f75570a206
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Microsoft Defender Antivirus: How do I uninstall McAfee and use Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 11 on an Inspiron 15 3501 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-antivirus/961a8fc2-ecaa-464c-b433-84342add715b
  4. Microsoft defender antivirus

Microsoft defender antivirus: I have installed and activated Bitdefender Total Security in my PC but Windows Update keeps trying to install a critical update for Microsoft defender antivirus no matter how many times I asked to ignore it.As it is expected, the installation procedure fails every time since...
  5. Microsoft defender antivirus

Microsoft defender antivirus: After running microsoft defender scans it doesn't give me any notifications like it used to notify before i even checked my settings all notifications regarding microsoft defender antivirus are turned on but still it's not giving me any notifications of scan results ..what do...
  6. microsoft defender antivirus

microsoft defender antivirus: i am trying to mine with my pc but the microsoft defender antivirus keeps flagging this as a threat and removes it. how do i stop this from deleting this every time? thank you...
  7. how to move exclusions from windows defender to other antivirus

how to move exclusions from windows defender to other antivirus: at the title says, how do i move it to another antivirus with it removes half of my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-exclusions-from-windows-defender-to/60735a80-ffaa-4f33-96ba-8fa18507f7cc
  8. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Microsoft Defender Antivirus: hello, I am currently on an old Image on Windows 10 basically the Antimalware Client isn't updated to its latest version. I don't know on how to install it as I seem to be running into a pickle of a update....
  9. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Microsoft Defender Antivirus: hi guys i have a problem with Microsoft Defender Antivirus *first i think the problem is i deleted a file or something from Microsoft Defender Antivirus and thats my problem *i cant find the app in settings and i cant see the antivirus icon in the taskbar and when i...
  10. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Microsoft Defender Antivirus: In this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-antivirus/troubleshoot-windows-defender-antivirus. According to the the mentioned link the generated events should be displayed at the following location in the Event Viewer:-...