Windows 10: Microsoft defender antivirus is turned off and "turn on virus protection" keeps popping up

Discus and support Microsoft defender antivirus is turned off and "turn on virus protection" keeps popping up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I look to windows security settings > security providers > antivirus. And there's a notice "microsoft defender antivirus is turned off". when i check... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BryanSamuelson, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Microsoft defender antivirus is turned off and "turn on virus protection" keeps popping up

I look to windows security settings > security providers > antivirus. And there's a notice "microsoft defender antivirus is turned off". when i check to my Virus and threat protection, there's no uncheck option all green checked. It's not only virus a threat protection, account protection, firewall, and other is green checked

:)

BryanSamuelson, Jan 24, 2022
  2. Booster2 Win User

How to turn on Window Defender virus protection.

I installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Now my Windows Defender is turned off. I need the virus protection but am unable to turn on Defender virus protection. I am using Windows 10. Any suggestions?

Booster2, Jan 24, 2022
  3. HM Hadley Win User
    Windows 10 notification keeps reporting Turn on Virus Protection

Original Title: Defender

Windows 10 notification keeps reporting "Turn on Virus Protection. Virus protection is turned off. Under Settings/Update & Security/ Windows Defender all the options show "On", including Real Time Protection. However the settings are greyed out and I cannot
    try turn off and then back on. Any suggestions as to how to fix defender?

HM Hadley, Jan 24, 2022
  4. Le Boule Win User

Microsoft defender antivirus is turned off and "turn on virus protection" keeps popping up

Windows Defender Real-time Protection will not turn on

Did you follow the steps recommended in Solutions

How about the steps recommended at Uninstall Bitdefender

Try running the removal tools for any security program that you previously used on the computer and be sure to reboot after using each tool. See
    List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

Have you tried the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    ?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For further detailed information suggest you review the reply of quietman7 in
    this thread: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...defender/e994f94f-92d5-4d44-9721-79c2a686ce24.

“The inability to turn on Windows Defender 8/10 is typically the result of having a third-party anti-virus installed or failure to remove it properly (completely). Since Windows 8/10 Defender includes anti-virus protection,
    it is disabled during the installation of another anti-virus program. If a trial anti-virus (i.e. McAfee, Norton, etc) came preinstalled on your computer or you installed one, Windows
    Defender will be turned off
    (disabled). Windows Defender recognizes the install and automatically disables itself when other anti-virus products are used to avoid conflicts. Windows Defender will remain
    disabled until that anti-virus software has been completely uninstalled
    . In some cases, you may need to download and run the anti-virus vendor's clean up tool to remove any remaining remnants.

After removal of the third party anti-virus, Windows 8/10 Defender needs to be activated if you choose to use it. When uninstalling the third-party anti-virus Defender should automatically turn itself on but sometimes you may receive a message
    indicating your system has no protection...click here to turn on Windows Defender. If not, and Defender remains disabled, you will need to manually turn it on.

If that is not the case in your situation, check to make sure the Windows Defender service
    is started

Sometimes it may take a couple of computer reboots after performing the above steps to ensure Windows Defender is up and running properly.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Or - - -

There are a number of viable antivirus options available for Windows 10 – free or paid - take your pick…

Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

Consumer antivirus software providers for Windows

Is Windows Defender The
    Best For Windows 10?
    Good article but ignore the ads.

Regards...

Le Boule, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft defender antivirus is turned off and "turn on virus protection" keeps popping up

1. Microsoft defender antivirus is turned off and "turn on virus protection" keeps popping up - Similar Threads - Microsoft defender antivirus

2. Unable to turn off windows defender and virus protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to turn off windows defender and virus protection: Hello and Goodday,i am running windows 11 preview build on M1 macbook using Parallels Desktop. However whenever i try to switch off the windows defender and virus protection feature. It doesn't seem to work. I have tried numerous methods including altering registry policy and...
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off: I don't have the option to enable Microsoft Defender Antivirus in my Windows Security settings.I've poked around on the internet and nothing has yielded results. I've gone through and given it a scan with Malwarebytes, made sure that security settings are enabled in the...
  4. Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off: I don't have the option to enable Microsoft Defender Antivirus in my Windows Security settings.I've poked around on the internet and nothing has yielded results. I've gone through and given it a scan with Malwarebytes, made sure that security settings are enabled in the...
  5. Microsoft Defender Antivirus turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Virus protection is turn off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus protection is turn off: can any one tell me why is my virus protection turn off and I don't have another virus protection installed? [Original Title: virus protion] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-protection-is-turn-off/14128dfb-7692-4a02-8e40-31ec772b27db
  7. Cannot turn off Real-Time Protection in Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Cannot turn off Real-Time Protection in Microsoft Defender Antivirus: I am unable to turn off Real-time protection (or any other settings ie Cloud-delivered protection, Automatic sample submission, etc) in Microsoft Defender Antivirus. When I click the toggle button to turn it from On to Off, it quickly reverts back to the On position. The...
  8. Virus and threat protection keeps turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virus and threat protection keeps turning off: My little shield icon has an X in it, when I open it says the service has stopped and to restart it. I click restart, it has a long think about it then bums out with 'unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Wow super, super helpful microsoft If I restart the pc it...
  9. turn off antivirus protection

turn off antivirus protection: How do I turn off virus and threat protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turn-off-antivirus-protection/02f78b71-a7fe-4857-8575-978200f555c6
  10. Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus: How to: Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus How to Turn On or Off Tamper Protection for Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 18305, Microsoft introduced Tamper Protection. Tamper Protection is a new...