Windows 10: Microsoft Defender Antivirus Notification: PUA:Win32/PiriformBundler active rated Low

Discus and support Microsoft Defender Antivirus Notification: PUA:Win32/PiriformBundler active rated Low in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,After running Microsoft Defender Quick Scan and Full Scan appears the above notification. To remove this threat I'm invited to "Start Actions... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MorganValmont, May 28, 2021.

1. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Notification: PUA:Win32/PiriformBundler active rated Low

Hello,After running Microsoft Defender Quick Scan and Full Scan appears the above notification. To remove this threat I'm invited to "Start Actions Recommend", I do that but nothing happens, so the next time I run a scan the notification always appears.What above happens because I have realized that Start Actions such as:Action optionsO Manual Steps requiredO RemoveO QuarantineO Allow on deviceSee Detailsare missing on my Windows Security.Can someone please help me to fix this issue? Probably telling me how to update virus & Spyware definitions ?Looking forward to hearing from yo

:)

MorganValmont, May 28, 2021
  2. AndreTen Win User

Windows Defender blocking PUA?

- Notifications. same as other WD notifications (PUA at the beginning of the message)
    - False positives: hard to tell. Have none in a month or so (non PUA detections)
    - PUA blocking is only for file transfers. Nothing to do with ads themselves (only ad injection).

From MS doc:
    Read more: MS docs: Detect and block potentially unwanted applications

AndreTen, May 28, 2021
  3. Bree Win User

Microsoft Defender Antivirus Notification: PUA:Win32/PiriformBundler active rated Low

Windows Defender PUA feature?

I disagree. Enabling PUA protection in Defender will scan anything save to your Downloads folder for PUAs, adware and unwanted browser extensions (things like the Ask Toolbar) stuff you often find bundled within the install packages from some of the sites offering popular software. It's similar to the sort of protection afforded by Malwarebytes Premium (the paid-for one) - real-time protection against PUPs.

While Microsoft aim PUA protection firmly at the Enterprise environment (and provide Enterprise tools to manage it) it can be enabled on anything, right down to my 10 Home. There's a Tutorial on this....
    Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10

...and starting at post #19 on in that thread I describe my experiences of enabling and testing that it works in Home. I leave it enabled permanently, I've not seen any false detections. Here's some of my test results...

Microsoft Defender Antivirus Notification: PUA:Win32/PiriformBundler active rated Low [​IMG]

Thema:

Microsoft Defender Antivirus Notification: PUA:Win32/PiriformBundler active rated Low

1. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Notification: PUA:Win32/PiriformBundler active rated Low - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender Antivirus

2. microsoft defender antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft defender antivirus: i am trying to mine with my pc but the microsoft defender antivirus keeps flagging this as a threat and removes it. how do i stop this from deleting this every time? thank you...
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Microsoft Defender Antivirus: hello, I am currently on an old Image on Windows 10 basically the Antimalware Client isn't updated to its latest version. I don't know on how to install it as I seem to be running into a pickle of a update....
  4. Windows defender found PUA

Windows defender found PUA: A weird question but anyway I have F-secure installed. I know that Windows Defender does not work with F-secure. But I did a full scan of my computer with Windows Defender because I got a blue screen earlier and wanted to do a scan with another program too just in...
  5. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Microsoft Defender Antivirus: hi guys i have a problem with Microsoft Defender Antivirus *first i think the problem is i deleted a file or something from Microsoft Defender Antivirus and thats my problem *i cant find the app in settings and i cant see the antivirus icon in the taskbar and when i...
  6. Kali Linux ISO a virus? PUA: Win32/CoinMiner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Kali Linux ISO a virus? PUA: Win32/CoinMiner: I downloaded the official Kali Linux ISO file to create a boot stick but then I got a lot of messages from Windows Defender like PUA: Win32/CoinMiner, Trojan: PHP/RevWebshell, Exploit: JS/ShellCode, Exploit: Ruby/JSShell and 7 more malware and all of them were classified as...
  7. Windows Defender PUA Protection

Windows Defender PUA Protection: Some Reason can't get our 2nd Desktop PC to keep on with Windows Defender Pua Protection, Avast was removed with Wise Uninstaller, rebooted system, used Avast clear in safe mode as additional step, then ran ConfigureDefenderx64 to configure Defender, made sure enabled Pua...
  8. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Microsoft Defender Antivirus: In this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-antivirus/troubleshoot-windows-defender-antivirus. According to the the mentioned link the generated events should be displayed at the following location in the Event Viewer:-...
  9. Windows Defender blocking PUA?

Windows Defender blocking PUA?: Few questions about blocking PUA in Windows Defender. I enabled the prevention or blocking of PUAs and would like to ask how intrusive the notifications are? Are there a lot of false positives? I only download and install apps which I really need, no Java installed and...
  10. Windows Defender PUA feature?

Windows Defender PUA feature?: WD has this new feature called PUA. Is this for domain environments or can this be done on a standalone Win10 Enterprise? Or is this needed on a standalone system? I know it has to be enabled in the registry. If enabled, how will this effect the use of a machine? Will...