Windows 10: Microsoft Defender Antivirus Notification: PUA:Win32/PiriformBundler active rated Low

Discus and support Microsoft Defender Antivirus Notification: PUA:Win32/PiriformBundler active rated Low in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,After running Microsoft Defender Quick Scan and Full Scan appears the above notification. To remove this threat I'm invited to "Start Actions... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MorganValmont, May 28, 2021.

1. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Notification: PUA:Win32/PiriformBundler active rated Low

Hello,After running Microsoft Defender Quick Scan and Full Scan appears the above notification. To remove this threat I'm invited to "Start Actions Recommend", I do that but nothing happens, so the next time I run a scan the notification always appears.What above happens because I have realized that Start Actions such as:Action optionsO Manual Steps requiredO RemoveO QuarantineO Allow on deviceSee Detailsare missing on my Windows Security.Can someone please help me to fix this issue? Probably telling me how to update virus & Spyware definitions ?Looking forward to hearing from yo

:)

MorganValmont, May 28, 2021
  2. AndreTen Win User

Windows Defender blocking PUA?

- Notifications. same as other WD notifications (PUA at the beginning of the message)
    - False positives: hard to tell. Have none in a month or so (non PUA detections)
    - PUA blocking is only for file transfers. Nothing to do with ads themselves (only ad injection).

From MS doc:
    Read more: MS docs: Detect and block potentially unwanted applications

AndreTen, May 28, 2021
  3. Bree Win User

Microsoft Defender Antivirus Notification: PUA:Win32/PiriformBundler active rated Low

Windows Defender PUA feature?

I disagree. Enabling PUA protection in Defender will scan anything save to your Downloads folder for PUAs, adware and unwanted browser extensions (things like the Ask Toolbar) stuff you often find bundled within the install packages from some of the sites offering popular software. It's similar to the sort of protection afforded by Malwarebytes Premium (the paid-for one) - real-time protection against PUPs.

While Microsoft aim PUA protection firmly at the Enterprise environment (and provide Enterprise tools to manage it) it can be enabled on anything, right down to my 10 Home. There's a Tutorial on this....
    Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10

...and starting at post #19 on in that thread I describe my experiences of enabling and testing that it works in Home. I leave it enabled permanently, I've not seen any false detections. Here's some of my test results...

Microsoft Defender Antivirus Notification: PUA:Win32/PiriformBundler active rated Low [​IMG]

Thema:

Microsoft Defender Antivirus Notification: PUA:Win32/PiriformBundler active rated Low

1. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Notification: PUA:Win32/PiriformBundler active rated Low - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender Antivirus

2. Forcing Microsoft defender Antivirus MDAV activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forcing Microsoft defender Antivirus MDAV activation: Hello everyone, I am currently investigating how to force the activation of Microsoft Defender Antivirus MDAV even when installing another third-party antivirus. For me, MDAV is the primary antivirus in my work environment. When I execute the "get-mspcomputerstatus" command,...
  3. Forcing Microsoft defender Antivirus MDAV activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forcing Microsoft defender Antivirus MDAV activation: Hello everyone, I am currently investigating how to force the activation of Microsoft Defender Antivirus MDAV even when installing another third-party antivirus. For me, MDAV is the primary antivirus in my work environment. When I execute the "get-mspcomputerstatus" command,...
  4. Forcing Microsoft defender Antivirus MDAV activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. pua notification in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pua notification in taskbar: how do i get rid of the pua notification on the windows security shield in the taskbar, photo is attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pua-notification-in-taskbar/0f0ead9a-fcff-46c5-b70b-bef5f605f49a
  6. pua notification in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pua notification in taskbar: how do i get rid of the pua notification on the windows security shield in the taskbar, photo is attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pua-notification-in-taskbar/0f0ead9a-fcff-46c5-b70b-bef5f605f49a
  7. What is PUA win32 presenoken

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is PUA win32 presenoken: I found threat on window threat protection and there are 3 choice quaruntine remove and allow i choose remove and start action does it a right choice to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-pua-win32-presenoken/d001fb63-7b5c-42fb-9c73-370b4f4c4491
  8. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Microsoft Defender Antivirus: How do I uninstall McAfee and use Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 11 on an Inspiron 15 3501 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-antivirus/961a8fc2-ecaa-464c-b433-84342add715b
  9. Microsoft defender antivirus

Microsoft defender antivirus: After running microsoft defender scans it doesn't give me any notifications like it used to notify before i even checked my settings all notifications regarding microsoft defender antivirus are turned on but still it's not giving me any notifications of scan results ..what do...
  10. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Microsoft Defender Antivirus: In this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-antivirus/troubleshoot-windows-defender-antivirus. According to the the mentioned link the generated events should be displayed at the following location in the Event Viewer:-...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 piriformbundler windows security