Windows 10: Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly

Discus and support Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 1.375.1243.0 repeatedly downloads and installs. It goes to 100% again and again and again and again and again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Norman Diamond, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly

Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 1.375.1243.0 repeatedly downloads and installs. It goes to 100% again and again and again and again and again. It never stops.The Windows Update Troubleshooter has been trying to analyse the problem for a while. Meanwhile, Windows Update has continued repeatedly downloading and installing and downloading and installing and downloading and installing the update over and over again, successfully going to 100% again and again and again.

:)

Norman Diamond, Sep 30, 2022
  2. Zaki_j Win User

Windows Update repeatedly offers the same update

Hi KenVarley,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you have been repeatedly offered the same update.
    This may happen if the update isn’t installed correctly the first time, or if your Windows Update settings can't detect the update.

1. Is the issue specific to KB4524570?

If you keep seeing the same update being offered for installation, try to install the update later.

You may also want to check your update history to see whether there are any error messages. To check which updates were installed recently:

1. Select the Start
      button, then select Settings > Update & Security >
      Windows Update > View update history

Method 1: Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
    and check if you are able to install Widows updates.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the update which is repeatedly offered.

1. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security >
      Windows Update > View update history > Uninstall updates.
    2. Select the update you want to remove, then select Uninstall.
    3. Restart the pc and try to install the updates again.

Method 3: Reset Windows update components in Windows

I suggest you Reset Windows
    update components in Windows
    and check if you are able to install Widows updates.

Additional Information:

Windows Update or Microsoft Update repeatedly offers the same update
    Windows Update repeatedly offers the same update - Windows Client

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Sep 30, 2022
  3. DenLen Win User
    KB2267602 Security Intelligence Update for MS Defender Antivirus installs repeatedly

KB2267602 is an old update for Security Intelliigence Update for MS Defender Antivirus!. It keeps installing over and over on my PC. Disconnects PC from the internet. I have to restart PC. This is happening repeatedly every day. I am having trouble
    getting anything done!

I have paused Windows Automatic Updates to try to get work done... BUT this update continues to try to install on my PC. How do I get off this merry-go-round?

Win 10 does not give you the option to view pending installations/updates. Windows Assistant just tells you the instructions to view available updates (not installed) that was available for prior versions of Windows.

Help!

DenLen, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly

repeatedly restarting

Hi,

Having damaged system files can be one of the possible reasons why your computer is restating unexpectedly and repeatedly. To help us provide better assistance, we would need you to answer the following questions.

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your device?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when your laptop is repeatedly restarting?

In the meantime, we suggest performing a clean boot to your device. This
    link
    provides further information about how clean boot works and how to perform a clean boot in Windows devices.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly

1. Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender Antivirus

2. Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?: I'm finding that the Windows 10 Spotlight lock screen is repeating images over and over again, even after I've rated it once, they come back and ask me to re-rate it again. This has been happening over the past year or so. In the past, you'd just get a new image and you'd...
  3. Solved: Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solved: Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly: Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 1.375.1243.0 repeatedly downloads and installs. It goes to 100% again and again and again and again and again. It never stops.The Windows Update Troubleshooter has been trying to analyse the problem for a while. Meanwhile, Windows...
  4. Solved: Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solved: Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly: Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 1.375.1243.0 repeatedly downloads and installs. It goes to 100% again and again and again and again and again. It never stops.The Windows Update Troubleshooter has been trying to analyse the problem for a while. Meanwhile, Windows...
  5. Solved: Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Repeated over and over and over and over again warnings & errors in Windows 10 Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Repeated over and over and over and over again warnings & errors in Windows 10 Event Viewer: Does anyone have a recommendation on how to correct the following warning and errors from occurring over and over again? This is completely filling up the event log history. The Warnings all occur in the following sequence then the Error occurs, the repeats again and again....
  7. Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action: Hello microsoft team, Recently windows defender detected Trojan:Win32/Access!rfn on my PC. After I clicked on Start Action, it is notifying the same threat everytime. I even deleted the infected file after going in the location in the threat details. But still, it shows the...
  8. 100% disk usage over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...: It happens over and over and over and over. I do everything you folks tell me, and everything else I find on the internet. It still happens over and over and over and over and over. You can't fix it on your end OR tell us a fix? Who do we ask, if not the people who make the...
  9. Windows 10 update caused file explorer to open repeatedly over and over

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update caused file explorer to open repeatedly over and over: I can not work more than two mins without my file explorer opening up several times ( up to 8 or 9 at once). I close them and they all come right back. I have ran multiple system checks as well as health checks and file scans. Can not find any problems. I only know this came...
  10. Same failed update messages keep repeating over and over again

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same failed update messages keep repeating over and over again: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home edtion on my computer. Every day ( or every other day ) I keep getting the following messages (in RED color) during the Windows update process. There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...