Windows 10: Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service won't stop real time protection although I installed...

Discus and support Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service won't stop real time protection although I installed... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue with Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service scanning files real time. I am working with a program accessing thousands of files and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Paiguru, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Paiguru Win User

Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service won't stop real time protection although I installed...

Hi,

I have an issue with Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service scanning files real time. I am working with a program accessing thousands of files and each file is scanned by Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service which drastically decrease performance.

I tried disabling it at first, without success. Then I read that installing another antivirus would disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service but that is not the case. I have tried Avira and AVG free, event after a restart the service still comes back and performs real time scan of files accessed by programs.

is there any workaround to prevent this service slowing me down?

:)

Paiguru, Jan 29, 2021
  2. shytot Win User

Unable to to Disable Defender Real Time Protection

Hi
    I installed the April 2018 Win 10 Update today which has resulted in my CPU constantly working 15% higher due to the Antimalware Service Executable. I’ve tried to disable Defender as suggested by Microsoft but its instruction was to go to Settings / Update & Security / Windows Security / Virus & Threat Protection / Virus & Threat Protection Settings. This should have given me access to switch Real Time Protection off, but the final ‘Settings’ option was not available – see screen shot.

Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service won't stop real time protection although I installed... [​IMG]

Any ideas please?
    Many Thanks

shytot, Jan 29, 2021
  3. How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?

The “value data” of “start” can’t be set as 4

Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service won't stop real time protection although I installed... [​IMG]

jamal numan, Jan 29, 2021
  4. David Haz Win User

Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service won't stop real time protection although I installed...

Defender will only do periodic scanning, no real time protection

Hello,

This issue may happen if other security software, such as antivirus, anti-spyware, or anti-malware programs, are fully or partially installed on the computer. Windows Defender automatically turns off if you install another antivirus app.

Let us uncheck security messages for Virus Protection and Spyware, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X, then select Control Panel.
    • Click on Security and Maintenance.
    • Click the Change Security and Maintenance Settings.
    • Uncheck Spyware and unwanted software protection and Virus Protection.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart the device for the changes to take effect.
    After the device restarted, make a full system scan using Windows defender.

To turn on real-time protection, do the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings.
    • Click on Update & Security > Windows Defender.
    • Turn on Real-time protection.

Update us on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service won't stop real time protection although I installed... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender Antivirus

2. Microsoft defender real time protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft defender real time protection: I'm not using any other antivirus program but windows sees something and ıt's blocking defender realtime protection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-real-time-protection/e0b61079-a7e9-4f10-b8c6-f638de94e405
  3. Real-time protection issue of Microsoft Defender

Real-time protection issue of Microsoft Defender: Hi,I have turned off the virus protection of my third party antivirus software and try to turn on the real-time protection of Microsoft Defender. However, the option to turn on the real-time protection of Microsoft Defender is greyed out, and I can't turn it on from my...
  4. Defender Real-Time protection, stop deleting files?

Defender Real-Time protection, stop deleting files?: I have this folder with files and every time I use these files, real-time protections is turned back on (automatically) after a couple minutes or hours and then later when ONLY I run the file, it'll delete what's it deems "necessary" and then I have to go deep into the...
  5. Cannot turn off Real-Time Protection in Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Cannot turn off Real-Time Protection in Microsoft Defender Antivirus: I am unable to turn off Real-time protection (or any other settings ie Cloud-delivered protection, Automatic sample submission, etc) in Microsoft Defender Antivirus. When I click the toggle button to turn it from On to Off, it quickly reverts back to the On position. The...
  6. windows antivirus -real-time protection

windows antivirus -real-time protection: I can't turn on real-time protection it keeps saying this program is managed by the system organization https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-antivirus-real-time-protection/c6f0714e-4773-4c3b-85d2-321cd6f01f3b
  7. Windows defender antivirus and security won't turn on, neither will real time protection.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender antivirus and security won't turn on, neither will real time protection.: I've run into an issue where Windows is telling me that I don't have permission to turn them on and I'm to "contact my local IT helpdesk" to get help. I've uninstalled malwarebytes and restarted, still won't turn back on, it just says "status: unkown" and keeps telling me to...
  8. Windows Defender real time Antivirus

Windows Defender real time Antivirus: Windows Defender real time Antivirus will not turn on. Says, I am using other Antivirus provider. I am Unable to find any other Antivirus providers on my computer?...
  9. Windows Defender real time Antivirus

Windows Defender real time Antivirus: Windows Defender real time Antivirus will not turn on. Says, I am using other Antivirus provider. I am Unable to find any other Antivirus providers on my computer?...
  10. Defender: Real Time Protection:

Defender: Real Time Protection:: I just installed the latest Build of Windows 10 . I get this notification in yellow text This setting is managed by your Administrator above the real time protection on Off button and it has been turned on but greyed out. I am not able to disable it. Have scanned it with...