Windows 10: Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Discus and support Microsoft Defender Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi guys i have a problem with Microsoft Defender Antivirus *first i think the problem is i deleted a file or something from Microsoft Defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Faresmith, Sep 17, 2020 at 1:52 AM.

1. Faresmith Win User

Microsoft Defender Antivirus

hi guys i have a problem with Microsoft Defender Antivirus

*first i think the problem is i deleted a file or something from Microsoft Defender Antivirus

and thats my problem

*i cant find the app in settings and i cant see the antivirus icon in the taskbar and when i go to windows > settings > update & security > windows security > open Windows security .

i cant fine anything just a black screen like no Virus & threat protection no account protection no fierwall...

and yeah thats it

can someone help me ?

:)

2. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

3. Defender AntiVirus

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this to Microsoft Community. Let's try to start Windows Defender services and see if it helps. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R key and type
      Microsoft Defender Antivirus [​IMG]
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for the service "Windows Defender".
    • Right click on "Windows Defender" and click Properties.
    • Click Start button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save changes.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know how it goes.

4. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Windows Defender - antivirus?

Windows defender is a built in antivirus, that detects all type of threats.You do not need to install any 3rd party antivirus.

In windows 7 and earlier Microsoft security essentials was to be used with windows defender for a full system protection, but in Windows 8 and later windows defender's capabilities have been increased to make it a full fledged antivirus.

I suggest rolling with Windows Defender (preinstalled)+Malwarebytes for a full system security.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 17, 2020 at 1:55 AM
Thema:

Microsoft Defender Antivirus

1. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender Antivirus

2. defender antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    defender antivirus: do I have defender antivirus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-antivirus/033ca341-976c-444d-a07e-0a914293ce07
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Periodic Scanning

Microsoft Defender Antivirus Periodic Scanning: Why does Microsoft Defender Antivirus Periodic Scanning being turned off after a computer restart or shut down. I have another antivirus program installed but the information in Microsoft Defender Antivirus Options says that I can have Microsoft Defender Antivirus...
  4. Microsoft Brings Defender Antivirus for Linux

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Brings Defender Antivirus for Linux: Almost within a year after releasing Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) for macOS computers, Microsoft today announced a public preview of its antivirus software for various Linux distributions, including Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS and Debian. If this news hasn't...
  5. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: hi, in my windows defender security center's virus and threat protection it says "Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". How can i change it....
  6. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Microsoft Defender Antivirus: In this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-antivirus/troubleshoot-windows-defender-antivirus. According to the the mentioned link the generated events should be displayed at the following location in the Event Viewer:-...
  7. defender antivirus

defender antivirus: WTF is Microsoft doing? 5 updates yesterday and 3 so far today. I did not buy a computer to sit and watch it do updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-antivirus/04f21066-ec28-4735-bd29-73f064de299d"
  8. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: my pc windows defender antivirus suddenly stoppped. i tried to turn it on or even restarting but its denying .its always displaying a "out of date" message .i am trying to update it but no progress...
  9. microsoft push for defender antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft push for defender antivirus: I have a 3rd party antivirus program the works better than defender. It gets updated when I tell it to look for updates, the timer is set to notify if definitions are more than 14 days old. Definitions are updated on pc start up, after doing intense tasks like gaming, video...
  10. Windows Defender Antivirus

Windows Defender Antivirus: The scan found a trojan virus and to remove it is asking for my password which I enter and it doesnot accept https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/windows-defender-antivirus/ced9f7a5-7bb6-44fe-8b92-20909e49f6ea