Windows 10: Microsoft Defender Blocking Changes

Discus and support Microsoft Defender Blocking Changes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I know nothing about PC security! I have always just let windows do its thing, but because of xbox live and all the gaming I had to get more memory... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DugDig1970, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Microsoft Defender Blocking Changes

Hi, I know nothing about PC security! I have always just let windows do its thing, but because of xbox live and all the gaming I had to get more memory so i plugged in a 360GB hard drive mass storage device USB hook up and than changed some memory Storage settings, like where i want music , pictures & apps to go when there downloaded But Windows Defender keeps blocking some or all my changes I havent a clue on hot to fix this at all can someone please help me , Please dont use big words or computer talk with me , cause when it comes to this security stuff im really really DUMSTUPID!!

:)

DugDig1970, Aug 1, 2021

2. windows defender blocking updates and changes to programs

Hi,

You can add the file in the file exclusion list to stop Windows Defender Antivirus
    from alerting you or blocking the program. We suggest that you visit this
    link on how to add an exclusion to Windows Defender Antivirus.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Windows defender blocking changes.

Thank you for the update and for letting us know that the provided steps were able to resolved the issue. You can add folder or apps in the Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access if it you like for added security, as it basically blocks almost every changes
    when it is turn on. Follow the steps below on how to add or remove folders or apps in the controlled folder:

Adding Folders:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center then select Virus & threat protection
      icon.
    • Click the Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Click Protected folders.
    • Click Add a protected folder, navigate and select the folder you want to add, then click Select Folder.
    • Click Yes. You might be asked to enter UAC to continue.
    • You can click the Remove button if you want to remove the added folder.
    • Close the Windows Defender windows.

Adding Apps:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center then select Virus & threat protection
      icon.
    • Click the Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Click Allow an app through Controlled folder access.
    • Select Add an allowed app, navigate and select the app you want to add, select Open
      then click Yes.
    • You might be prompted a UAC to continue.
    • You can click the Remove button if you want to remove the added app.
    • Close the Windows Defender windows.

We're just a post away if you need further help.

Anne Ros, Aug 1, 2021
  4. Reldel Win User

Microsoft Defender Blocking Changes

Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10  

The DWORD is set to 0 and I cannot get the process you suggested in the "NOTE" portion of the tutorial to work. Two attached screen shoots will show the before and after attempts to change the Permissions necessary for access to the DWORD change.
    Microsoft Defender Blocking Changes [​IMG]

Microsoft Defender Blocking Changes [​IMG]

Access is denied. (Note-Protected folder in Defender is turned off)

Reldel, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Defender Blocking Changes

1. Microsoft Defender Blocking Changes - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender Blocking

2. Threat Blocked on Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Threat Blocked on Microsoft Defender: Hi, i was downloading something on my laptop. My microsoft defender found a virus on it and blocked it. It said "quarantined", can i remove/or delete the that contains the virus? how? please help me, thank you!...
  3. Change the name of the Microsoft Defender application from Microsoft Defender to Microsoft...

Change the name of the Microsoft Defender application from Microsoft Defender to Microsoft...: Good day Microsoft defender community and how are you.s today I would like to give a suggestion since the Microsoft Defender is in beta testing phase change the name of the Microsoft Defender on Google play store from Microsoft Defender to Microsoft Defender Beta...
  4. Microsoft Defender smartscreen unwanted blocking of app

Microsoft Defender smartscreen unwanted blocking of app: "microsoft defender smartscreen tagged an app as an unwanted app and wife accepted it and deleted it I need that app but cant get it back as its blocked"how do i get it unblocked* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  5. Microsoft Defender Ransomware Protection Block Powershell.exe

Microsoft Defender Ransomware Protection Block Powershell.exe: windows Defender block this App Protecd Folder: %system%\CatRoot -Chome.exe -MRT.exe -powershell.exe -takeown.exe ********** And *********** -mscorsvw.exe (windows Defender block this App Protecd Folder:%system%\config\systemprofile) -attrib.exe (windows Defender block this...
  6. Windows Defender Firewall is blocking Microsoft services

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender Firewall is blocking Microsoft services: Hello, I noticed that after the latest optional software update for Windows 10, the Windows Defender firewall is blocking Microsoft services: KB4550945 In my case, it is not allowing downloading or logging in on the App Store. It even blocks logging in to outlook.com via...
  7. Defender firewall block

Defender firewall block: This opened when I logged in: Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of SchedulerConsole on all public and private networks. Name: SchedulerConsole Publisher: Unknown Path: C:\program files...
  8. Windows Defender unauthorized changes blocked

Windows Defender unauthorized changes blocked: Windows Defender unauthorized changes blocked: Controlled folder access blocked C:\Program ... \soffice.bin from making changes to the folder %userprofile%\Documents Appears to be trying to perform a "save as" when I am actually trying to save a new file or changes I...
  9. Defender blocking everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Defender blocking everything: Hi I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem that I have started having with defender, It blocks everything I try to do, I cannot save any pictures or add music files to now playing lists without it throwing up a message and blocking everything...….I have attached a...
  10. Windows Defender - Unauthorized changes blocked - full path?

Windows Defender - Unauthorized changes blocked - full path?: With Window Defender when I click on change protection it throws up a truncated path when it blocks the path of the file. I want these programs to update certain files and can't decrypt the full path in the short message to allow the change. Where do I get the path so I...