Windows 10: Microsoft Defender Control Folder Access Threat History:

Discus and support Microsoft Defender Control Folder Access Threat History: in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why doesn't Microsoft simply add a "DELETE" button to threats listings in Control Folder Access Threats History and even on the Antivirus Threat... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HerschellKM, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Microsoft Defender Control Folder Access Threat History:

Why doesn't Microsoft simply add a "DELETE" button to threats listings in Control Folder Access Threats History and even on the Antivirus Threat History Listings. Why do we have to click on start actions now and do this or that to delete the threats found and clear out the long lists.... Other antivirus software makes it simple to delete threats form their lists of threats detected. Bitdefender Free A/V has the easiest User Interface of them all.

It takes way too many clicks, searches, time, jumping from this file to that, looking at choose actions tabs and so on. Come on Microsoft.... Make Microsoft Defender simple to use....PLEASE !!!!

Thanks,

HM

October 11, 2020

:)

HerschellKM, Oct 11, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Is there a way to see what is trying to access my controlled folder?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Controlled folder access helps
    you protect valuable data from malicious apps and threats, such as ransomware. It is part of Windows Defender Exploit Guard. You can view the access history via Event viewer. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on Start button and then click on Event Viewer.
    2. Then click on Applications and Services and then on
      Microsoft.
    3. Then click on Windows and then
      Windows Defender
    4. Then click on Operational and filter the even ID to
      (Blocked controlled folder access event).

For more information, please refer to the article: Protect
    important folders with controlled folder access

Regards,

Naresh_K, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Controlled folder access Problem

I want to use ( Controlled folder access ) for my custom folders like system 32,
    but want to remove the default folders like the desktop folder .
    Found in :
    windows defender > windows defender security center > virus & threat protection >
    virus & threat protection settings > Controlled folder access :

Sometimes I cant save or edit things at the desktop with Controlled folder access On.
    Yet if turned Off ; then I cant protect my custom folders.

Hows protecting the desktop more important than system 32 ?

Asking for advice to get around this by any means, to delete the default list, so only my custom folders remain in the control access list.

OtherWay1982, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Zehlewi Win User

Microsoft Defender Control Folder Access Threat History:

Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Defender Control Folder Access Threat History:

1. Microsoft Defender Control Folder Access Threat History: - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender Control

2. Controlled Folder Access block history crashing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Controlled Folder Access block history crashing: Hello, I've had this issue for a few days now. When i try to access the block history of Controlled Folder Access it freezes and then crashes after a few seconds. Before it crashes I can still switch to some other tab in Windows Security. There was a day where it worked fine...
  3. Controlled Folder Access block history crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controlled Folder Access block history crashing: Hello, I've had this issue for a few days now. When i try to access the block history of Controlled Folder Access it freezes and then crashes after a few seconds. Before it crashes I can still switch to some other tab in Windows Security. There was a day where it worked fine...
  4. Controlled Folder Access block history crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Remove Microsoft Windows Defender Threat History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Remove Microsoft Windows Defender Threat History: I've read through a ton of posts on this and adjacent topics and none of the proposed solutions have helped yet, here's the full context:The kali linux iso is packaged with code that gets flagged by Windows Defender, this is a well known fact, I'm not worried about it as kali...
  6. Can't Remove Microsoft Windows Defender Threat History

Can't Remove Microsoft Windows Defender Threat History: I've read through a ton of posts on this and adjacent topics and none of the proposed solutions have helped yet, here's the full context:The kali linux iso is packaged with code that gets flagged by Windows Defender, this is a well known fact, I'm not worried about it as kali...
  7. Protection History for Controlled folder access is empty.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protection History for Controlled folder access is empty.: As described in the subject the protection history of the controlled folder access is blank when I look to see recent entries.I have had notifications appear that state that recent apps have been blocked access, but when I click on the notification it takes me to an empty...
  8. Protection History for Controlled folder access is empty.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Protection History for Controlled folder access is empty.: As described in the subject the protection history of the controlled folder access is blank when I look to see recent entries.I have had notifications appear that state that recent apps have been blocked access, but when I click on the notification it takes me to an empty...
  9. Defender controlled folder access

Defender controlled folder access: while i was using my system i got a message saying "Unauthorized changes blocked" and it was explorer.exe what is happening and what should i do please advice...
  10. Clear Controlled Folder Access Block History

Clear Controlled Folder Access Block History: I am having trouble clearing my controlled folder access block history. I am aware of the method of deleting the Service folder in Windows Defender/History and turning real time protection on and off, but this does nothing for me. Neither does clearing the windows defender...