Windows 10: Microsoft defender dectects my programming language as "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml".

Discus and support Microsoft defender dectects my programming language as "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml". in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I saw an Batch script error when I were testing my programon my programming language. Then I saw that my compiler disappeared. Also, my terminal hotkey... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ivan Lyalchenko, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Microsoft defender dectects my programming language as "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml".

I saw an Batch script error when I were testing my programon my programming language. Then I saw that my compiler disappeared. Also, my terminal hotkey handler ctrl + alt + t were diabled without reasons. When I decided to download my programming languages' compilator from GitHub antivirus declined this actionthe only antivirus I have is MS Defender. What I should do in this situation. I think Windows decided my programming language is a virus because my programm did the 0xc0000005 error.

:)

Ivan Lyalchenko, Feb 22, 2024

2. Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml

Hi,

I am using Windows 11.I went to a hotel website , trying to make a reservation , after entering the dates, pressed check availability or check rates , A red screen came up , with a virus warning, Windows defender detected it. I quarantine it and said Detected : Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml, severe.

I used Windows defender to remove the trojan and now the status showed : a threat or app was Removed from this device.

based on this information, can I assume that this trojan is gone forever, or it's still hiding somewhere.

Thank you.

John Boyadjian, Feb 22, 2024
  3. Trojan Script Wacatac H ml

Hi, I am making a backup of my iPhone 13 Pro Max via iTunes on a Windows computer, Windows 10.

When running Windows Defender anti-virus scan, it identifies Trojan Script Wacatac Hml as a virus in the iPhone backup folder in two files in folders 5f and b5. The file names are:

5f4af662a1def203d49f00e405c82342871d7dce and b5ca8fc6a4f9c4db7a19177237af546494d53a58.

All software on all devices is up to date.

Apple maintains it is a "false positive", iPhones cannot get viruses and Defender must fix their anti virus software. I have done everything to try and remove the trojan from the iPhone but to no avail. Please advise if it is in fact a "false positive".

Took forever to log this query: Error: Oops something went wrong.

Kind regards, Gert

Gert van Eeden1, Feb 22, 2024
  4. par_0511 Win User

Microsoft defender dectects my programming language as "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml".

Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml

Good day John, thanks for your question. I am glad to be able to provide assistance to you today. By the looks of it is that MS/Windows Defender combatted the said threat and below are a couple of steps if in any case that you will still have a doubt about it.

Method 1: (as you have already tried this then you can go the last step to check the history of Windows Defender/Security)

- Download a copy of the Microsoft Safety Scanner and run a full scan on your PC and this is to determine the possibility that you are getting a false positive from Windows Defender/Security. The Safety Scanner and Defender uses the same Intelligence Definitions and anything that one detects then it should also be detected by the other and if you do not see this with the Safety Scanner then we can say that Defender's alert is a false one

- You can also check the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Quarantine and delete any items that is in there as well

- Check and monitor your PC afterwards

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/securi...

Reference link for removing detection history of Windows Defender/Security:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/for...

Method 2:

- Head over to this link below to download MalwareBytes and install it as well

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thank...

- After the installation, run the program and scan your computer to see if MalwareBytes will be able to detect and remove the said malware

- You can also change on how the scan will be done by checking on the link below

- While you still have or still using MalwareBytes is that you need to change the setting first in order for it to run side by side with Windows Security/Defender and you can do that by going to it Settings (gear icon) and under Security ensure that that the toggle slider for "Always register Malwarebytes in Windows Security Center" is off

- You can also check the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Quarantine and delete any items that is in there as well

- Check and monitor your PC afterwards

Method 3:

- Head over to this link below and follow the Emisoft guide using their EEK and see how it goes

https://blog.emsisoft.com/en/16796/how-to-find-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Regards,

Paul R.

par_0511, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

Microsoft defender dectects my programming language as "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml".

1. Microsoft defender dectects my programming language as "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml". - Similar Threads - Microsoft defender dectects

2. Microsoft defender dectects my programming language as "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft defender dectects my programming language as "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml".: I saw an Batch script error when I were testing my programon my programming language. Then I saw that my compiler disappeared. Also, my terminal hotkey handler ctrl + alt + t were diabled without reasons. When I decided to download my programming languages' compilator from...
  3. Microsoft defender dectects my programming language as "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml".

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft defender dectects my programming language as "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml".: I saw an Batch script error when I were testing my programon my programming language. Then I saw that my compiler disappeared. Also, my terminal hotkey handler ctrl + alt + t were diabled without reasons. When I decided to download my programming languages' compilator from...
  4. Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml: Hi,I am using Windows 11.I went to a hotel website , trying to make a reservation , after entering the dates, pressed check availability or check rates , A red screen came up , with a virus warning, Windows defender detected it. I quarantine it and said Detected : Trojan...
  5. Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml

Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml: Hi,I am using Windows 11.I went to a hotel website , trying to make a reservation , after entering the dates, pressed check availability or check rates , A red screen came up , with a virus warning, Windows defender detected it. I quarantine it and said Detected : Trojan...
  6. Trojan Script Wacatac H ml

Trojan Script Wacatac H ml: Hi, I am making a backup of my iPhone 13 Pro Max via iTunes on a Windows computer, Windows 10.When running Windows Defender anti-virus scan, it identifies Trojan Script Wacatac Hml as a virus in the iPhone backup folder in two files in folders 5f and b5. The file names...
  7. Trojan Script Wacatac H ml

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Script Wacatac H ml: Hi, I am making a backup of my iPhone 13 Pro Max via iTunes on a Windows computer, Windows 10.When running Windows Defender anti-virus scan, it identifies Trojan Script Wacatac Hml as a virus in the iPhone backup folder in two files in folders 5f and b5. The file names...
  8. Trojan Script Wacatac H ml

9. Trojan script/conteban.a!ml

Trojan script/conteban.a!ml: Just today I got an alert that a "Trojan script/conteban.a!ml" was detected by Windows Defender. This is my first time dealing with a virus and I did my best research on the virus and found unconclusive results. Windows Defender gave me the option to restore or remove the...
  10. Trojan script/conteban.a!ml detected.

Trojan script/conteban.a!ml detected.: So, i had a file from my game cyberpunk2077, i made it zip and then windows defender said, it is a virus. I am really frightened, i made it quarantanne and this file just disappear from deskop. Is it false positive? I visited a website and there was wrote that it is an error...