Windows 10: Microsoft Defender Detects PUA:Win32/CoinMiner in the Norton Installer file

Discus and support Microsoft Defender Detects PUA:Win32/CoinMiner in the Norton Installer file in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi AllI got a threat warning by microsoft defender saying that "PUA:Win32/CoinMiner" was detected. I was downloading norton security when this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by frantfib, Sep 20, 2021.

1. frantfib Win User

Microsoft Defender Detects PUA:Win32/CoinMiner in the Norton Installer file

Hi AllI got a threat warning by microsoft defender saying that "PUA:Win32/CoinMiner" was detected. I was downloading norton security when this happened. I had just factory reset this computer and logged onto it a day ago I factory reset it a couple of days back and signed into windows a day ago. For now I have disabled norton and am using windows defender.I was wondering if this is of actuall concern or if this is a false threat that was mistakenly detected?Should I be concerned and if so please advice on what I should do.Thanks a lot[Original Title: Gt]

:)

frantfib, Sep 20, 2021

2. PUA:Win32/CoinMiner

PUA: Win32 / CoinMineromo resolvedor PUA: Win32 / CoinMiner no Windows Defender

Obrigado

Fernando Ramalho

FernandoRamalho1, Sep 20, 2021
  3. PUA:Win32/CoinMiner

PUA:Win32/CoinMiner i have this virus in my computer for over 2 weeks and its growing on and on and i cant delete it

shani nasirssempala, Sep 20, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10  

Apparently yes....

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...nder-antivirus

Thema:

1. Microsoft Defender Detects PUA:Win32/CoinMiner in the Norton Installer file - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender Detects

2. How do I remove a PUA detected by Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a PUA detected by Windows Defender?: Windows Defender identified a PUA but does not offer me a way to either remove or quarantine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-pua-detected-by-windows-defender/dee80648-5ef9-413e-a32d-1be40828d594
  3. Windows Defender detected Win32/Floxif.H

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender detected Win32/Floxif.H: My windows defender detected a virus Win32/Floxif.H and I tried removing it through windows defender following a full scan + Offline scan. Also used several other softwares like rkiller. but now after restarting the windows defender is acting weird:...
  4. Windows Defender detected Win32/Floxif.H

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender detected Win32/Floxif.H: My windows defender detected a virus Win32/Floxif.H and I tried removing it through windows defender following a full scan + Offline scan. Also used several other softwares like rkiller. but now after restarting the windows defender is acting weird:...
  5. What is PUA win32 presenoken

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is PUA win32 presenoken: I found threat on window threat protection and there are 3 choice quaruntine remove and allow i choose remove and start action does it a right choice to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-pua-win32-presenoken/d001fb63-7b5c-42fb-9c73-370b4f4c4491
  6. Win32/Coinminer

Win32/Coinminer: Few days ago i downloaded a file game but I think it had virus. So after installing it till now windows defender finds a threat basically when I on the system. Its Win32/Coinminer. I did the full scan in windows defender quite a few time but it doesn't,find a threat almost...
  7. Kali Linux ISO a virus? PUA: Win32/CoinMiner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Kali Linux ISO a virus? PUA: Win32/CoinMiner: I downloaded the official Kali Linux ISO file to create a boot stick but then I got a lot of messages from Windows Defender like PUA: Win32/CoinMiner, Trojan: PHP/RevWebshell, Exploit: JS/ShellCode, Exploit: Ruby/JSShell and 7 more malware and all of them were classified as...
  8. Windows defender detected PUA:Win32/CoinMiner

Windows defender detected PUA:Win32/CoinMiner: Status active. I can't find the file for affected items under installer/razer. I have let windows defender remove it several times but it always comes back. I have uninstalled everything related to razer. Windows removes it, scans and says it's fine, then finds it again two...
  9. Pua. Win32 . detected by windows security unable to remove/quarintine?

Pua. Win32 . detected by windows security unable to remove/quarintine?: I have tried to Set-MpPreference -PuaProtection 1 within Powershell , this fails as I do not have enough permissions to perform this act, HELP...
  10. Win32/MicTrayDebugger - very late detection by Defender

Win32/MicTrayDebugger - very late detection by Defender: Before reading this please note that I regularly update Windows defender and do full sweeps about every 6 months but it does an automated sweep regularly as well. From Microsoft via Defender (NB Dates back to 2017 and it seems that this issue was known about April 2017):...